• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

27 march E3 prijs Harelbeke

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Big Congrats to "G". Longing for that elusive big victory. Very well deserved for him. He's truly the only SKY rider that I like a lot. :)

Great ride for Stybar

Sagan once again showing he's not good enough to pull the winning performance on the big races.

Re: Re:

sir fly said:
myrideissteelerthanyours said:
Why was Stybar taking turns at the front when he had 11 and a half teammates in the chasing group 30 seconds back?
Don't tell me you believe Etixx had a better chance against Kristoff and Dengenkolb than with Stybar from the front group?

Given that Trentin won the minor sprint, they definitely had a chance. That being said, I would have bet on Stybar with 5k to go.

sir fly said:
Why was Stybar taking turns at the front when he had 11 and a half teammates in the chasing group 30 seconds back?
Don't tell me you believe Etixx had a better chance against Kristoff and Dengenkolb than with Stybar from the front group?
I have faith on Vandenberg playing around at the front :rolleyes:

I know what he means, Thomas obviously did less turns the last 10k, and so should Stybar. He just pulled too much.

More Strides than Rides said:
sir fly said:

Given that Trentin won the minor sprint, they definitely had a chance. That being said, I would have bet on Stybar with 5k to go.

Thats easy to say now. Would you honestly rate Trentins chances vs Degenkolb Kristoff higher than Stybar vs Sagan and Thomas?

dicanio_michael said:
sir fly said:

I know what he means, Thomas obviously did less turns the last 10k, and so should Stybar. He just pulled too much.

If they both had stopped taking turns they would've been caught. Sagan was cooked, remember? ;)

hfer07 said:
Big Congrats to "G". Longing for that elusive big victory. Very well deserved for him. He's truly the only SKY rider that I like a lot. :)

Great ride for Stybar

Sagan once again showing he's not good enough to pull the winning performance on the big races.
He won the race last year. What's your point?

Obviously he pulled too much today and that eventually cost him a cramp in the legs. Good ride from him.

Re:

glassmoon said:
Stybar could've won this... if he wasn't stupid and counting on Sagan.

It wasn't stupid, it was a tough call to make. If he'd have closed the gap and brought Sagan with him, then got outsprinted he would have been called foolish. Without knowing Sagan's condition, he had to really let him try to close the gap.

He went over the top of Sagan pretty quickly when he realised he was cooked, but by then Thomas was gone.

Akuryo said:
dicanio_michael said:
sir fly said:

If they both had stopped taking turns they would've been caught. Sagan was cooked, remember? ;)
I don't mean totally stopped, but Stybar and Sagan still doing 10s each turn, and Thomas has reduced to like 5s, which was a good rest for him.

Anyway, Thomas was super strong today. Even if Stybar not waited Sagan at the end, Thomas could still probably distanced him.

Bushman said:
sir fly said:

Thats easy to say now. Would you honestly rate Trentins chances vs Degenkolb Kristoff higher than Stybar vs Sagan and Thomas?

How much of a numbers advantage do they need before the regular tactics that apply to everyone else apply to Etixx? Would a Skyborg have been taking pulls if he had numerical team superiority according to his ALU and other co-processors?

TMP402 said:
MatParker117 said:
G now the favourite for the RvV?

He's at the top table now, but probably still equal with Vanmarcke, Stybar, Sagan and GVA (if he isn't hurt from today).

I'd add Terpstra to that. He was quiet today, but only because he didn't really get to play his hand with Stybar at the front. I could see him possibly winning solo from a small group, similarly to how Thomas did today.

Can't see Sagan winning - he just doesn't seem to have the necessary power after a long hard, race these days.

Bushman said:
sir fly said:

How much of a numbers advantage do they need before the regular tactics that apply to everyone else apply to Etixx? Would a Skyborg have been taking pulls if he had numerical team superiority according to his ALU and other co-processors?

Numerical advantage? So you would suggest that Trentin, Terpstra or Vandenbergh could escape the chase group?

Bushman said:
sir fly said:

...That being said, I would have bet on Stybar with 5k to go.