• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

56th Amstel Gold Race: 10 April, 2022

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Always a sad day when Skineos wins a race
Ordinarily I totally agree.

Today however I'm pleased for Kwia. Remember what an exciting rider he can be, especially before he joined the Cho Cho train.

Also, tbf to Ineos, they made that race today. I like MVDP, but I'd much rather see a different winner for a change, and I'll take Kwia quite happily from the team that did the most work.

Classic Matthews. I expect an interview in CN tomorrow with Matthews claiming he was the best in the race.
Cosnefroy should have this, I thought, but he was working a bit too hard. Maybe more pressure on him as Kwiatkowski still had a plan B with Pidcock?
Canny and deserved win by Kwiatkowski, who showed again how to masterfully ride a sprint coming out of the wheel.
MvdP with a strange distribution of efforts…

• Love
Reactions: Ilmaestro99
Classic Matthews. I expect an interview in CN tomorrow with Matthews claiming he was the best in the race.
Cosnefroy should have this, I thought, but he was working a bit too hard. Maybe more pressure on him as Kwiatkowski still had a plan B with Pidcock?
Canny and deserved win by Kwiatkowski, who showed again how to masterfully ride a sprint coming out of the wheel.
MvdP with a strange distribution of efforts…
I'm actually amazed Matthews managed to get 7th, so 4th in that sprint, having done almost the least amount of work.

Congratulations to Michał Kwiatkowski for winning Amstel Gold Race.

I usually do have a beer. This time of the year. The vision after always tend to be a bit blurry. Strange. Mathieu van der Poel was too big of an target and van Aert was missing. Competition in the end hence had a rather easy job.

The finish could be better managed. That is i don't mind the photo finish at all but the organizer should wait before making an announcement regarding the winner. This can't count as celebrating to early by Benoît Cosnefroy. It was just a poor job done by organizers.

But OK overall it was a nice race.

Always a sad day when Skineos wins a race
Eh, why? What does it matter which team Kwiatkowski rides for? Honestly, I have never understood the hate towards Sky/Ineos - or any other team for that matter. I just don't get it.

On another note: Iconic finish. Not the most entertaining race but the drama afterwards compensated a bit for it.

Eh, why? What does it matter which team Kwiatkowski rides for? Honestly, I have never understood the hate towards Sky/Ineos - or any other team for that matter. I just don't get it.

On another note: Iconic finish. Not the most entertaining race but the drama afterwards compensated a bit for it.
I perfectly understandthe dislike for Ineos in the really grim years (2012-2017). They made Tour de France close to unwatchable coupled with shitty routes, great domestiques to close down the race and their biggest competition crashing and disappointing over and over again.