• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

59th Jayco Herald Sun Tour, 2.1 - 12th to 16th October 2011

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Tom Palmer went a little bit early in the sprint and Kittel came from a long way back and got him on the line. But good on Haas though, is there any more spots open for him at GE? I don't think he will be at Genesys for too much longer.

I think he would qualify as a neo pro so I think they could sign him unless they have already signed 2 other neo pros but just not announced it yet

May 25, 2010
Visit site
No idea, haven't watched it, might look out for it on the highlights. Dont think he does though because this is a UCI sanctioned road race. Bobridge would have to give up his national colours I think

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Tom Palmer went a little bit early in the sprint and Kittel came from a long way back and got him on the line. But good on Haas though, is there any more spots open for him at GE? I don't think he will be at Genesys for too much longer.
It was Giacoppo that went way to early, Palmer just got owned by Kittel.
Tuarts said:
Surprise surprise stream still doesn't work. :rolleyes:

You are not using it properley. It works. Once you have clicked on the arrow, you have to hit a red bar that says livestream.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Luke Schmid said:
I think he would qualify as a neo pro so I think they could sign him unless they have already signed 2 other neo pros but just not announced it yet

I thought it was at least two neo-pro's each year? I mean if you want to have four neo-pro's I don't see why you shouldn't be able to do that.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
unsheath said:
Von Hoff took off far too early and paid the price. Ballsy move though and it took a guy the quality of Kittel to overhaul him.
It was Giacoppo not Haas.

Very classy win by Haas. it was quite funny on the podium when Haas offered Bobridge half of the wine bottle that he already drunk out of to Jack and Jack was like "WTF? No." :D

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
craig1985 said:
I thought it was at least two neo-pro's each year? I mean if you want to have four neo-pro's I don't see why you shouldn't be able to do that.

I think they have signed 28 riders so only 2 spots left who have to be neo pros. There has been talk about Durbridge and Hepburn for those two spots. If it is not them it could be Haas or ?? or nobody. Upper limit of 5 neo pros.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
It was Giacoppo that went way to early, Palmer just got owned by Kittel.

You are not using it properley. It works. Once you have clicked on the arrow, you have to hit a red bar that says livestream.

Excuse me? I was on the livestream page. I'm pretty sure when a video has buffer 0% constantly, its not a case of locating the video :rolleyes:

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Tuarts said:
Excuse me? I was on the livestream page. I'm pretty sure when a video has buffer 0% constantly, its not a case of locating the video :rolleyes:

The only way I could get it to get beyond that 0% was to refresh it (as per Ferminal's advice) about 20 times until a picture finally emerged. Stupid bloody thing.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Spare Tyre said:
The only way I could get it to get beyond that 0% was to refresh it (as per Ferminal's advice) about 20 times until a picture finally emerged. Stupid bloody thing.
Yeah that didn't work for me, on Chrome or Firefox. OH well, at least these weren't problems during the Tour. :D

swuzzlebubble said:
Drove home Saturday via Shands Rd.

Would be a good 'bianca strada' section to add next time!!

Good to hear Arthurs Seat will become a fixture for future years however I reckon the Lygon St crit has perhaps passed its use-by (as the “crowd puller” stage).
I reckon a road circuit on either Mt Eliza (using Two Bays Rd) or Beach Road (Parkdale to Sandringham sector) would add more to the series and still get a fair crowd along.
A road circuit lap needs to be over 15km for UCI regs?

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Lygon St was a 4km circuit and that would have had to have been UCI approved. Agree its sort of a "fizzle" ending to a good week of racing.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Tuarts said:

The same thing happens to me. I am probably not explaining what to do well but you just have to use your head.:rolleyes:

May 27, 2010
Visit site
swuzzlebubble said:
Yes, defined as a "crit" rather than road race at least.

A Crit is any circuit under 2km, any longer and it's a kermese run under road rules which means no laps out and you have to finish. So i daresay the last stage was run as a kermese as opposed to a crit which is why Cantwell would have worn his normal kit

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
swuzzlebubble said:
Good to hear Arthurs Seat will become a fixture for future years however I reckon the Lygon St crit has perhaps passed its use-by (as the “crowd puller” stage).

went to both days and agree wholeheartedly, though must admit that the timing is unfortunate. given that myself and about 16,000 other potential attendees were off riding around the bay for much of sunday, it's pushing the proverbial up a hill to get a serious crowd to either day.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
swuzzlebubble said:
I reckon a road circuit on either Mt Eliza (using Two Bays Rd) or Beach Road (Parkdale to Sandringham sector) would add more to the series and still get a fair crowd along.
A road circuit lap needs to be over 15km for UCI regs?

Although 2 bays would be a better circuit with better racing, the Beach Rd location would probably be the better option. They raced the ITT there for the 2006 Com games which Nathan O'Neill won before his drug bust. I remember the turn out was very damn impressive. Great vibe and people everywhere.

TRENDING THREADS