• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

75th Omloop Het Nieuwsblad: February 29, 2020

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nice atmosphere in the Sporza studio after the race. Lampaert with some funny remarks when Stuyven walks in to join the table.

L: "Maybe I had a chance in the sprint, but Jasper kinda blocked me." (with a jokingly blaming intonation towards Stuyven)
TV-host: "But not enough to make an official complaint."
L: "Well ..."
Everyone laughing.

A few minutes later.

TV-host: "You have to admit Jasper did it good there."
L: "He's gonna get it back, don't worry."

Infact. He should have probably skipped turns and saved energy. If he wanted to win.

I hate that it always has to be strongest rider that has to win on here. Or the one doing all the work. Or the one attacking. Sometimes that is not wise at all to do as a rider.

Sometimes you gotta be smart. It is a tactical sport. Using your opponents/team. Waiting for the right moment to attack. Or play to your strengths. If you have a good sprint for example or if you don’t, having to do something else.

Just a tangent on the things discussed above.

Reactions: Cance > TheRest

TRENDING THREADS