• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

AICAR, GW1516 Wada can test, can the French ?

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
"a complete treatment is estimated at 300 000€ (390 000$ US)"

I guess JV was right. It is their budget! :D

thehog said:
What’s the point?

OOC will only detect AICAR. They’re not going to use it during the Tour.

Does the effects on fat and glucose metabolism last when you go off it? Otherwise, it would probably be advantageous to use it during a GT.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Tyler'sTwin said:
"a complete treatment is estimated at 300 000€ (390 000$ US)"

I guess JV was right. It is their budget! :D

Does the effects on fat and glucose metabolism last when you go off it? Otherwise, it would probably be advantageous to use it during a GT.
but professional sports have long been treated by the drug companies as guinea pigs.

so they would be able to get the pharma, via back door, the quid pro quo being some feedback or results of blood/other metrics.

like Armstrong.

Title is Misleading

You are missing the point on testing. Since the UCI totally controls testing the French have nothing to do with it.

My understanding of the arrangement for the 2013 TdF is AFLD provides the on-the-ground services of collecting and shipping samples. That's all. Maybe I'm wrong though?

The UCI still chooses who to test, what to test for, and actually sending samples to experts to give advice about opening a case. As of 2012, the samples are totally anonymous to the lab now so no more Contador leaks.

We know for sure they have positive samples where nothing is done.

Cleanest TdF ever!

This link worked for me: http://www.boston.com/news/health/blog/2008/07/pill_may_boost.html

According to the body building forums I search, there's more than just GW1516 out there now where they have figured out how to trick the body to do extra recovery work, lean-out and more.

Note the date of the AICAR article, 2008 (!) and this line "..Evans, who has been beseiged by coaches and athletes looking for a competitive edge ever since his earlier mice studies." Someone at BC/Sky was on the list of coaches contacting Evans?

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
French report, with English subtitles, on AICAR

https://www.youtube.com/embed/2MRvw1vSivM

According to this report, a test for AICAR is just now being finalized, but back in 2008 Ron Evans led us to believe he'd already done the ground work. That always seemed fishy to me. Sounded like a poor bluff.

Could the lab in Montreal mentioned below really not comunicate with the lab in Germany mentioned in the video?

ElChingon said:
Well who's got Canker sores? And wants to lose weight? :D

http://www.nature.com/nm/journal/v19/n3/full/nm.3082.html

Maybe too high level for some but there's more than one way to skin a cat or lose weight so related.
And here I am, just having emailed my supplements dealer friend for some grean tea extract, calcium pyruvate and such benile substances.

Even synefrine is now allowed by WADA, while some people respond to it like a bad ephedrine responce. Elevated heartrate, insomnia.
Would any of the AICAR customers have even fully explored the legal options?

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
Today someone told me AICAR is being used, he dont know details, but some people at least have done it.
is there a good test now?
Anyone know, despite it improve the endurance (in adittion of power), if Aicar in a third week of a GT is better than EPO, or in that week is not very usefull?

I don't think it's useful during racing itself. Most likely it's use is early season leading up to the big races. Useful to drop weight and make some metabolic adaptations which won't reverse due to the physical stimulus of racing.

IMO, current drug regimens: Micro-dose EPO, start slow and from a long way out, has the same effect as regular EPO dose without the diuretic effect, making ABP less useful (assuming ABP's are even used). Blood bag + micro-dose (to boost retic) during the Tours. Androgens, corticosteroids, GW/AICAR, SARM's during training.

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
sideshadow said:
IMO, current drug regimens: Micro-dose EPO, start slow and from a long way out, has the same effect as regular EPO dose without the diuretic effect, making ABP less useful (assuming ABP's are even used). Blood bag + micro-dose (to boost retic) during the Tours. Androgens, corticosteroids, GW/AICAR, SARM's during training.

In application, that's the poor man's way of doing it.

We know for sure they have positive samples where nothing is done.

The crux of the matter really.

Cheaters will allways be around. As long as we catch some occasionally, and tar and feather them, I could live with it. The notion of powerful shadow figures pulling the strings behind the scenes though I find completely unacceptable.

Might as well start watching WWE then.