Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1093 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I saw Tour route, there are no long mountain stages, there are stages as Mende,...so if Contador is not far after first week, he has a good oportunity to win.

Here the rivals are strong, but the route, except cobblestone stage, is good for him, quite explosive, but no so explosive for Purito.

Besides, the only quite long and multiclimb stages, are not in the last week.
 
May 26, 2009
4,114
0
0
Re: Re:

pastronef said:
BYOP88 said:
ILovecycling said:
SeriousSam said:
Is this mystical Alonso team actually going to come into being?
No

There's more chance of Flo and Michelle Cound meeting when the Tour starts in Utrecht and becoming BFFL than this Alonso team happening.
we can do it,
we can make it happen!

let's start a thread, let's start a Flo/Cound friendship awareness thread! :D
We'll need some colored wristbands too.
 
Re: Re:

BYOP88 said:
pastronef said:
BYOP88 said:
ILovecycling said:
SeriousSam said:
Is this mystical Alonso team actually going to come into being?
No

There's more chance of Flo and Michelle Cound meeting when the Tour starts in Utrecht and becoming BFFL than this Alonso team happening.
we can do it,
we can make it happen!

let's start a thread, let's start a Flo/Cound friendship awareness thread! :D
We'll need some colored wristbands too.

Sky blue + Tinkoff yellow :cool:
 
Mar 27, 2015
264
0
0
Re:

Taxus4a said:
I saw Tour route, there are no long mountain stages, there are stages as Mende,...so if Contador is not far after first week, he has a good oportunity to win.

Here the rivals are strong, but the route, except cobblestone stage, is good for him, quite explosive, but no so explosive for Purito.

Besides, the only quite long and multiclimb stages, are not in the last week.
you are so annoying and ridiculous...
 
Aug 4, 2010
11,337
0
0
Re: Re:

qwer said:
Taxus4a said:
I saw Tour route, there are no long mountain stages, there are stages as Mende,...so if Contador is not far after first week, he has a good oportunity to win.

Here the rivals are strong, but the route, except cobblestone stage, is good for him, quite explosive, but no so explosive for Purito.

Besides, the only quite long and multiclimb stages, are not in the last week.
you are so annoying and ridiculous...
But he has a good point here. :)
 
Aug 26, 2014
2,148
0
0
My dream for Alberto's last couple of seasons:

Double (and ride the Vuelta - naturally and win it though that is snowstorm in hell likelihood)
Then just spend 2016 having an immense amount of fun.

If he stays more than 2016, then it'd be great to bank as many GTs as possible, so long as he has a final year of racing where he puts himself under zero pressure but just races for the hell of it. It'd be great seeing that.

But honestly, I think he'll retire when he says he will. I don't see there being a Team Alonso. Certainly, not if the article I just read in Rouleur magazine is anything near a reflection of the truth.

Flo/Cound friendship
My God, what on earth has LaFlo done to deserve that??
 
Mar 8, 2014
739
0
0
Re:

bajbar said:
It appears that UCI and WADA have withdrawn from the Kreuziger case. Another rider for the Tour it seems.
Pretty anoying that they reach that conclusion now. I wonder how he will perform in the Tour with a busy spring, and the Giro (where he was useless) in his legs. Let's hope for the best!
 
Re: Re:

rune1107 said:
bajbar said:
It appears that UCI and WADA have withdrawn from the Kreuziger case. Another rider for the Tour it seems.
Pretty anoying that they reach that conclusion now. I wonder how he will perform in the Tour with a busy spring, and the Giro (where he was useless) in his legs. Let's hope for the best!
Well, he did not race much before the Giro. He did T-A, Oman and 5 classics. He has about the same number of race days as Alberto and since he clearly did not reach his peak at the Giro (maybe at the Ardennes?) he could be in very decent shape in July (any Kreuziger is better than Paulinho or Hernandez).
 
Mar 8, 2014
739
0
0
Re: Re:

bajbar said:
rune1107 said:
bajbar said:
It appears that UCI and WADA have withdrawn from the Kreuziger case. Another rider for the Tour it seems.
Pretty anoying that they reach that conclusion now. I wonder how he will perform in the Tour with a busy spring, and the Giro (where he was useless) in his legs. Let's hope for the best!
Well, he did not race much before the Giro. He did T-A, Oman and 5 classics. He has about the same number of race days as Alberto and since he clearly did not reach his peak at the Giro (maybe at the Ardennes?) he could be in very decent shape in July (any Kreuziger is better than Paulinho or Hernandez).
Agreed. But if he reaches some of his best level, it will be a team - with Majka, Kreuziger, Rogers and Kiserlovski - on the same level as Astana. And that will be crucial in the mountains!
 
Re: Re:

rune1107 said:
bajbar said:
rune1107 said:
bajbar said:
It appears that UCI and WADA have withdrawn from the Kreuziger case. Another rider for the Tour it seems.
Pretty anoying that they reach that conclusion now. I wonder how he will perform in the Tour with a busy spring, and the Giro (where he was useless) in his legs. Let's hope for the best!
Well, he did not race much before the Giro. He did T-A, Oman and 5 classics. He has about the same number of race days as Alberto and since he clearly did not reach his peak at the Giro (maybe at the Ardennes?) he could be in very decent shape in July (any Kreuziger is better than Paulinho or Hernandez).
Agreed. But if he reaches some of his best level, it will be a team - with Majka, Kreuziger, Rogers and Kiserlovski - on the same level as Astana. And that will be crucial in the mountains!

IMO he won't be able to reach his best level. He has been pretty active so far this year. I can't imagine him upping his game even more - which is what he would have to do - for the Tour. He can't come into the Tour with Giro form. They need to bring people who will be there for AC in the critical moments of the race.
 
Mar 13, 2015
2,637
0
0
Re: Re:

ILovecycling said:
qwer said:
Taxus4a said:
I saw Tour route, there are no long mountain stages, there are stages as Mende,...so if Contador is not far after first week, he has a good oportunity to win.

Here the rivals are strong, but the route, except cobblestone stage, is good for him, quite explosive, but no so explosive for Purito.

Besides, the only quite long and multiclimb stages, are not in the last week.
you are so annoying and ridiculous...
But he has a good point here. :)
Yes, but you have different view. You think it is good for Contador cause he's going to be fatigued after the Giro, but he thinks it is good for Contador cause he's not such a great climber on long and multiclimb stages
 
Mar 13, 2015
2,637
0
0
Re:

Taxus4a said:
I saw Tour route, there are no long mountain stages, there are stages as Mende,...so if Contador is not far after first week, he has a good oportunity to win.

Here the rivals are strong, but the route, except cobblestone stage, is good for him, quite explosive, but no so explosive for Purito.

Besides, the only quite long and multiclimb stages, are not in the last week.
So you think Contador is not so good at long and hard mountain stages?!
 

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
964
0
0
Good news for Contador! Whether or not Kreuziger will be in topform for the Tour, he'll definitely do a better job overall than Hernandez/Paulinho.

Contador/Majka/Kreuziger/Rodgers/Kiserlovski for the mountains.

It could really be EXPLOSIVE, but it could also be UTTER DOG SH*T.
 

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
964
0
0
Red Rick said:
Kreuziger shouldn't do the Tour. He got sick in the Giro, he needs to rest. Give him a free role/shared leadership in the Vuelta
They should do everything they can to win the double with Alberto. Kreuziger will not only be good for the mountains, but also in the TTT at stage 9, and even the flat terrain.

Alberto with Majka as protected rider until the mountains, just in case.

Kreuziger should just do what Majka did last year. Just relax and drop time in all stages until he's required to help.

But of course it depends on his recovery from illness. His form should be fine.
 
Jul 19, 2010
5,361
0
0
Re: Re:

Squirbos_19 said:
Singer01 said:
Question for all 'pro' contador people. what is your dream, realistic scenario for the remainder of his career (no winning all 3 grand tours in the same year people).

as someone who is deeply ambivalent about him (i adore his riding style, but he broke my heart) i would love to see him -
Win the tour 2015 for the double
win the tour/vuelta double 2016 (first person to do all 3 doubles)
then do a farewell tour in 2017, ride all 3 tours, but just stage hunt and be as flamboyant as hell.

though if he did get to 10 official grand tour wins i'm positive he'd try for one more in 2017.
I'm not convinced he'll have the form to win the Tour this year, unless at least one of Froome, Quintana or Nibali abandon. I think he'll definitely podium but he'll lack that bit extra to win, or he might attack like crazy to go for the win which may or may not work.

He'll go Tour-Vuelta in 2016, if he wins the Vuelta he will probably retire, but I hope he retires after winning the 100th Giro in 2017.
I think he will. Because Contador strikes me as a rider who learns from his mistake and he always comes out better after that. 2013 he sucks, coming to 2014 he reevaluated what he missed and started working with dejongh. We saw he was flying 2014. 2011 - he trained for the Giro, then he went on the tour. He didn't win the tour. I think the experience he has in 2011 gave him a road map or plan to tackle 2015 Giro-Tour double. The only x factor is how much energy has he spend during the Giro, and how great he recovers to get ready.

I just read the poster here. Wow, so kreuziger will ride the Tour then since UCI & WADA withdrawl? He was ill during the giro. And he hasn't seem to hit his peak yet. So if he can recovers, and did what Majka did last year, he'll be a useful key super domestique for Contador. Majka should be play Porte role to Contador. Now let's see how kiserlovski on the Dauphene. So far he hasn't showed anything. If he shows great form, Majka, Kiser, Rogers and Kreuziger, TS will be strong in the mountain.
 
May 18, 2015
245
0
0
Re: Re:

Mr.White said:
Taxus4a said:
I saw Tour route, there are no long mountain stages, there are stages as Mende,...so if Contador is not far after first week, he has a good oportunity to win.

Here the rivals are strong, but the route, except cobblestone stage, is good for him, quite explosive, but no so explosive for Purito.

Besides, the only quite long and multiclimb stages, are not in the last week.
So you think Contador is not so good at long and hard mountain stages?!
Yes and he also thinks a 9 time (7 time) GT winner is not good over 3 weeks. Thinks Ryder Hesjedal is a better climber in the 3rd week. Also Landa is basically God. So yeah, don't take him seriously at all. :cool:
 

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
964
0
0
Re: Re:

Jelantik said:
Squirbos_19 said:
Singer01 said:
Question for all 'pro' contador people. what is your dream, realistic scenario for the remainder of his career (no winning all 3 grand tours in the same year people).

as someone who is deeply ambivalent about him (i adore his riding style, but he broke my heart) i would love to see him -
Win the tour 2015 for the double
win the tour/vuelta double 2016 (first person to do all 3 doubles)
then do a farewell tour in 2017, ride all 3 tours, but just stage hunt and be as flamboyant as hell.

though if he did get to 10 official grand tour wins i'm positive he'd try for one more in 2017.
I'm not convinced he'll have the form to win the Tour this year, unless at least one of Froome, Quintana or Nibali abandon. I think he'll definitely podium but he'll lack that bit extra to win, or he might attack like crazy to go for the win which may or may not work.

He'll go Tour-Vuelta in 2016, if he wins the Vuelta he will probably retire, but I hope he retires after winning the 100th Giro in 2017.
I think he will. Because Contador strikes me as a rider who learns from his mistake and he always comes out better after that. 2013 he sucks, coming to 2014 he reevaluated what he missed and started working with dejongh. We saw he was flying 2014. 2011 - he trained for the Giro, then he went on the tour. He didn't win the tour. I think the experience he has in 2011 gave him a road map or plan to tackle 2015 Giro-Tour double. The only x factor is how much energy has he spend during the Giro, and how great he recovers to get ready.

I just read the poster here. Wow, so kreuziger will ride the Tour then since UCI & WADA withdrawl? He was ill during the giro. And he hasn't seem to hit his peak yet. So if he can recovers, and did what Majka did last year, he'll be a useful key super domestique for Contador. Majka should be play Porte role to Contador. Now let's see how kiserlovski on the Dauphene. So far he hasn't showed anything. If he shows great form, Majka, Kiser, Rogers and Kreuziger, TS will be strong in the mountain.
He definitely peaked in the ardenners. I actually think he and Fuglsang was some of the strogest riders in LBL(if i remember correctly), but he do not have the finish in him against the likes of Valverde. But he was certainly very strong on the hills.

He was also okay in the Giro before he got sick. He's been more of a Classic rider than a GT guy this year. I guess he expected to be banned, so he have trained more for the classics than GT's.

Kiserlovski was *** until LBL where he actually finished in the second group with Nibali, right behind the leaders.

I'm not really sure what you mean by Majka should be playing the Porte role to Contador. I think it's certain that SKY will try to control the race for Froome, and Moviestar and Astana will try to blow up the Sky train with attacks (Valverde, Fuglsang), and I think Majka should be used a protected rider for tactics, and not be pulling or anything unless Contador needs it.

They should let SKY do the pace setting and then try to isolate Froome early on some stages with attacks from Majka.

With no ITT long ITT this year, they can't let Majka gain an advantage in the GC. Majka in topshape climbs only a half level below Nibali and Quintana.
 
Jul 19, 2010
5,361
0
0
Re: Re:

rm7 said:
Jelantik said:
Squirbos_19 said:
Singer01 said:
Question for all 'pro' contador people. what is your dream, realistic scenario for the remainder of his career (no winning all 3 grand tours in the same year people).

as someone who is deeply ambivalent about him (i adore his riding style, but he broke my heart) i would love to see him -
Win the tour 2015 for the double
win the tour/vuelta double 2016 (first person to do all 3 doubles)
then do a farewell tour in 2017, ride all 3 tours, but just stage hunt and be as flamboyant as hell.

though if he did get to 10 official grand tour wins i'm positive he'd try for one more in 2017.
I'm not convinced he'll have the form to win the Tour this year, unless at least one of Froome, Quintana or Nibali abandon. I think he'll definitely podium but he'll lack that bit extra to win, or he might attack like crazy to go for the win which may or may not work.

He'll go Tour-Vuelta in 2016, if he wins the Vuelta he will probably retire, but I hope he retires after winning the 100th Giro in 2017.
I think he will. Because Contador strikes me as a rider who learns from his mistake and he always comes out better after that. 2013 he sucks, coming to 2014 he reevaluated what he missed and started working with dejongh. We saw he was flying 2014. 2011 - he trained for the Giro, then he went on the tour. He didn't win the tour. I think the experience he has in 2011 gave him a road map or plan to tackle 2015 Giro-Tour double. The only x factor is how much energy has he spend during the Giro, and how great he recovers to get ready.

I just read the poster here. Wow, so kreuziger will ride the Tour then since UCI & WADA withdrawl? He was ill during the giro. And he hasn't seem to hit his peak yet. So if he can recovers, and did what Majka did last year, he'll be a useful key super domestique for Contador. Majka should be play Porte role to Contador. Now let's see how kiserlovski on the Dauphene. So far he hasn't showed anything. If he shows great form, Majka, Kiser, Rogers and Kreuziger, TS will be strong in the mountain.
He definitely peaked in the ardenners. I actually think he and Fuglsang was some of the strogest riders in LBL(if i remember correctly), but he do not have the finish in him against the likes of Valverde. But he was certainly very strong on the hills.

He was also okay in the Giro before he got sick. He's been more of a Classic rider than a GT guy this year. I guess he expected to be banned, so he have trained more for the classics than GT's.

Kiserlovski was **** until LBL where he actually finished in the second group with Nibali, right behind the leaders.

I'm not really sure what you mean by Majka should be playing the Porte role to Contador. I think it's certain that SKY will try to control the race for Froome, and Moviestar and Astana will try to blow up the Sky train with attacks (Valverde, Fuglsang), and I think Majka should be used a protected rider for tactics, and not be pulling or anything unless Contador needs it.

They should let SKY do the pace setting and then try to isolate Froome early on some stages with attacks from Majka.

With no ITT long ITT this year, they can't let Majka gain an advantage in the GC. Majka in topshape climbs only a half level below Nibali and Quintana.
o, what i mean, he is the secondary option. Maybe not necessarily as protected rider like co-leader. But he needs to be as close as possible to the GC top 5. He can play super domestique deluxe but he certainly not being used as sacrificed lamb for pulling upfront then move aside. He should stick w/ Contador all the way. (which I'm not sure he can if Froome starts attacking w/ his egg beater cadence). I agree that he can be used tactically just like Landa/Aru. But granted of course Majka has to perform the best of the rest, outside the top 4 contenders. I'm not so keen of having him as protected rider, because it typically would divide the team resource.

remember though, sky has Porte. If Porte bounces back and has his form like his early season, he'll be next to Froome all the way like in 2013 TDF first mountain. I think Poehl will be the last man for Froome if Porte fails. Between Majka and Porte, I don't know who's the best. But they both will play the same role to their team leader. If they're close to the top 5 GC, they are going to be problematic for the other contender. Nibali probably will have no one. Fulgsang isn't in the class of Porte/Majka when they are in top form. Quintana still have Valverde. Purito as usually will be a loner.

EDIT:
ok. i take it back about fulgsang. Looks like he got new body and new breathing technique. He is the new Landa in Astana TDF squad.

http://www.procycling.no/dansk-toppsyklist-fikk-ny-kropp-med-norsk-metode/
 
Re: Re:

qwer said:
Taxus4a said:
I saw Tour route, there are no long mountain stages, there are stages as Mende,...so if Contador is not far after first week, he has a good oportunity to win.

Here the rivals are strong, but the route, except cobblestone stage, is good for him, quite explosive, but no so explosive for Purito.

Besides, the only quite long and multiclimb stages, are not in the last week.
you are so annoying and ridiculous...
Give the guy a break; it's obvious english isn't his first language
 
May 18, 2015
245
0
0
Re: Re:

Amazinmets87 said:
qwer said:
Taxus4a said:
I saw Tour route, there are no long mountain stages, there are stages as Mende,...so if Contador is not far after first week, he has a good oportunity to win.

Here the rivals are strong, but the route, except cobblestone stage, is good for him, quite explosive, but no so explosive for Purito.

Besides, the only quite long and multiclimb stages, are not in the last week.
you are so annoying and ridiculous...
Give the guy a break; it's obvious english isn't his first language
The two don't have to be mutually exclusive. English isn't his first language AND he's annoying and ridiculous.
 
Jul 20, 2010
118
0
0
For me, it'd be ideal if AC can put in an All In effort at the 3 GTs this year. Well, already Step#1 accomplished, 2 to go. Then it would be awesome if he can take completely time off from GT road racing next year (2016) and focus solely on getting the gold at the Rio Olympics. Finally, come back in 2017 as his final year and put full attention on the 100th edition of the Giro and try to win it!!! Maybe do a farewell ride at the TdF and Vuelta, just go for a stage win and not focus on GC but maybe just try to get a teammate (Majka?) on the podium.

This would be a great way to hang up your boots.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS