Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1399 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2010
11,337
0
0
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Red Rick said:
Maybe really early years
Actually, I think he finished in the gruppetto on stage 2 of the 2003 Vuelta a la Comunidad Valenciana. Can't find much info about the race, but looking at the time gaps I'm pretty sure this was a mountain stage.
I think you know Alberto's results better than he himself :D :D

Edit thanks for the vid,I missed that on twi
 
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Red Rick said:
Maybe really early years
Actually, I think he finished in the gruppetto on stage 2 of the 2003 Vuelta a la Comunidad Valenciana. Can't find much info about the race, but looking at the time gaps I'm pretty sure this was a mountain stage.
First or second race as a neo pro WT level? Pretty funny that you come up with an answer for a question like that with a race of more than 13 years ago.
 
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Red Rick said:
Maybe really early years
Actually, I think he finished in the gruppetto on stage 2 of the 2003 Vuelta a la Comunidad Valenciana. Can't find much info about the race, but looking at the time gaps I'm pretty sure this was a mountain stage.
Ha ha. That's crazy and cool knowledge.

Now, do you or any one else have a recording of him in Le Tour 2005? I just know that's where I became a fan, when he crashed going uphill and I saw a few live images of him easily returning to whatever group he was in before the crash.
 
Re: Re:

fantomas said:
Ha ha. That's crazy and cool knowledge.

Now, do you or any one else have a recording of him in Le Tour 2005? I just know that's where I became a fan, when he crashed going uphill and I saw a few live images of him easily returning to whatever group he was in before the crash.
It's not knowledge, I searched because I couldn't think of a moment ;)

About the Tour 2005, I don't know about that, but I would be interested to hear which stage that was :)
 
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
HelloDolly said:
Giuseppe Saronni, Lampre manager: "We will try to sign Alberto Contador." (Gazzetta dello Sport)
I think he read my post from 2 days ago ;)

LaFlorecita said:
Remember when Alberto was actively looking for a team in 2007 and Rabo said no :eek:

In my dreams I see Berto at Caja Rural, Lampre, Bardiani or Androni :) highly unlikely though :(
That's hilarious. I'd rather see him at Bardiani or Caja Rural personally but going to Lamore will be cool, it will annoy BigMac no end though.
 
Which team is good depends so much on the program he wants to do. 2 climbers in the last 20 of a mountain stage would be most important.

Besides, I really like teams like Caja Rural like they are now. Be in every break. Develop some youngsters, etc. They can't really do that if they have to slave for Contador. Carthy would get to develop slowly and then he suddenly has to slave for Contador :eek:
 
Re:

Red Rick said:
Which team is good depends so much on the program he wants to do. 2 climbers in the last 20 of a mountain stage would be most important.

Besides, I really like teams like Caja Rural like they are now. Be in every break. Develop some youngsters, etc. They can't really do that if they have to slave for Contador. Carthy would get to develop slowly and then he suddenly has to slave for Contador :eek:
It's not like AC will be around for another 3 years. He might retire this year and if he doesn't I bet he'll only race through 2017. Hugh would be find for one year.
 
Aug 28, 2015
633
0
0
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
HelloDolly said:
Giuseppe Saronni, Lampre manager: "We will try to sign Alberto Contador." (Gazzetta dello Sport)
I think he read my post from 2 days ago ;)

LaFlorecita said:
Remember when Alberto was actively looking for a team in 2007 and Rabo said no :eek:

In my dreams I see Berto at Caja Rural, Lampre, Bardiani or Androni :) highly unlikely though :(
I would be happy for you, but I can't imagine Bertie riding Merida bike. *** me, Merida???
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Professional Road Racing 14
Similar threads
Random Discussion

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS