• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1400 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hope Faustino and De Jongh stay with him wherever he goes.

I personally hope to see him go back with Trek. It'd be a perfect team to build something for 2 - 3 years, plus they need a leader.

Re:

BlurryVII said:

I personally hope to see him go back with Trek. It'd be a perfect team to build something for 2 - 3 years, plus they need a leader.

I'd be surprised if he went from "I'm retiring after 2016" to "I'll stick around for another 2-3 years." Of course I wouldn't mind seeing this as long as he could keep a decently high level of form.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Jspear said:
BlurryVII said:

I'd be surprised if he went from "I'm retiring after 2016" to "I'll stick around for another 2-3 years." Of course I wouldn't mind seeing this as long as he could keep a decently high level of form.

He said he doesn't have any date to retire, he'll keep riding as long as he enjoys it. He completely changed what he used to say

May 26, 2015
Visit site
For Contadors case im not worried about Froome nearly as much as a evolving Quintana, pretty sure Quintana will be his biggest challenger in the Tour! Froome has never been able to drop a peak Contador and wont this year either and will loose quite some time in the last week as usually while Quintana on the other hand is better and stronger this year, how much better he is remains to be seen but it will definitely be interesting come July this year!

Re:

blackmamba said:
For Contadors case im not worried about Froome nearly as much as a evolving Quintana, pretty sure Quintana will be his biggest challenger in the Tour! Froome has never been able to drop a peak Contador and wont this year either and will loose quite some time in the last week as usually while Quintana on the other hand is better and stronger this year, how much better he is remains to be seen but it will definitely be interesting come July this year!

My sentiments exactly...

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
I'm not worried. Froome and Quintana look very beatable and Alberto looks splendid. Bring on the Dauphiné and Tour :)
Forget Dauphine already. If I'm right it's Bertie's next race? It will be a pre Tour training race to get him back up to racing speed. Expect Sky to dominate this. The really scary thing is where is wee Nairo whilst the big boys toy with each other here and Suisse...

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site

Matteo. said:
LaFlorecita said:
I'm not worried. Froome and Quintana look very beatable and Alberto looks splendid. Bring on the Dauphiné and Tour :)

yes, I'm a bit more optimistic

I'm also optimistic. Alberto has looked very good this year but I'm also a realist and I expect both Froome and Quintana to be ready to race. No one else will be involved I'm sure for the top of the podium.

For now I feel fine but as we get closer I'm sure the butterfiles will find my belly. All I ask for is no problems, no setbacks, leading up to July, and then hopefully a wonderful winning display by Alberto. :)

rune1107 said:
Lexman said:

I don't see this happening. Although it would be a dream scenario for Lampre, I think Alberto is smarter than that. If he feels like he want to win his last grand tours next year, he should look for a more complete team. Hopefully Stefano Feltrin will find some sponsors, and he can continue there..

Not that I would be excited by Lampre, but what makes you so sure that Tinkoff team is a better one? It's a very complete team, yes, but in a different way: a complete ***.

TRENDING THREADS