• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1716 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

VayaVayaVaya said:
And he just behaves like a child. Why on earth he felt compelled to comment that is beyond me, especially since Alberto rode great today.
To me it seems like Oleg is bitter because Alberto is still performing well. Not really a "limping duck", right, Oleg? Of course there are clearly issues on a personal level as well, but Oleg is most likely scared to hell that Contador will win the Tour this year, so he resorts to the only thing he is an expert at, insults on the internet.
Why he chose the comments on CN, no clue :D

Re:

SHAD0W93 said:
As long as he does ok in the warm up races and then goes on to destroy the Tour I don't care if he wins or not. Heck I said he would sand bag then light the Tour up.
Of course, in that case I don't care either, but it's rather likely he won't win the Tour so I'd like him to win some other races as well, especially prestigious races such as Paris-Nice (IDGAF about Abu Dhabi). He still has one more chance though, Pais Vasco, hopefully he doesn't screw that up :)
I just want him to win! He has to be way stronger than his rivals to win stages because he has no sprint, and I'm really worried he'll keep collecting 2nd and 3rd places without a win :( Sorry I keep mentioning this but I had that thought in the off season and I'm scared to see that scenario unfold before my eyes :eek:

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
VayaVayaVaya said:
And he just behaves like a child. Why on earth he felt compelled to comment that is beyond me, especially since Alberto rode great today.
To me it seems like Oleg is bitter because Alberto is still performing well. Not really a "limping duck", right, Oleg? Of course there are clearly issues on a personal level as well, but Oleg is most likely scared to hell that Contador will win the Tour this year, so he resorts to the only thing he is an expert at, insults on the internet.

Probably more because he did not get his Tour win with Contador and I think he expected Contador to win especially in 2014 like many others did.

movingtarget said:
LaFlorecita said:
VayaVayaVaya said:

Probably more because he did not get his Tour win with Contador and I think he expected Contador to win especially in 2014 like many others did.
Oh, definitely! But I think because of that, he is even more scared of Berto winning the Tour or having a good year.

I think we, Cyclingnews forum members, should address an official invitation to Oleg Tinkov to join the board.
I'm convinced his contribution to discussions would be of great value. Not just in sense of his flamboyant character, but more in sense of inside knowledge.
Some other insiders might be encouraged by his example, too.

What do you think?

SKSemtex said:
sir fly said:
RedheadDane said:
If he wants to join? Sure.
He, obviously, feels a need to express his opinions.
It's on us to address an invitation, on him is to accept or refuse.

... Понуђен к'о почашћен.

Daragoj Oleg,
ot imeni nasevo kelektiva CN forum ja tebia pozyvaju aktivno ucavstvovatsia .... :D
That's the spirit!
A Russian member of the board could compose it, and address it, on ours behalf, where Tinkov can see it. Twitter, maybe.

sir fly said:
SKSemtex said:
sir fly said:
RedheadDane said:

Daragoj Oleg,
ot imeni nasevo kelektiva CN forum ja tebia pozyvaju aktivno ucavstvovatsia .... :D
That's the spirit!
A Russian member of the board could compose it, and address it, on ours behalf, where Tinkov can see it. Twitter, maybe.
What if he accepts? What if he never shuts up?

Good god, I don't think I can take it. I try to escape the Trump world by coming into the forum where I don't have to hear about him as long as I stay out of the politics thread, but now you guys want to invite the biggest blowhard in cycling, into the forum? Good greif.... :p

sir fly said:
RedheadDane said:

He would likely be banned within a days time. Warnings ignored. Moderators insulted and threatened. It would be quite entertaining for the short period of time that he would be here. :D

Irondan said:
sir fly said:
SKSemtex said:
sir fly said:
RedheadDane said:

Daragoj Oleg,
That's the spirit!
What if he accepts? What if he never shuts up?

Good god, I don't think I can take it. I try to escape the Trump world by coming into the forum where I don't have to hear about him as long as I stay out of the politics thread, but now you guys want to invite the biggest blowhard in cycling, into the forum? Good greif.... :p

There are few bigger candidates for that honor I think. It would be fun. He was not that bad. Unless you are die hard Contador fan.

SKSemtex said:
Escarabajo said:
Irondan said:
sir fly said:
Legendary!
He should join the forum, as well!
Would bring absolute madness in this thread.
That would be some serious fun! :D
If you apply the rules fairly, he would be banned within a day. I can see it.
Now I have just realized I have not been seeing Ryo for a while here. Banned forever?
Yeah, he was permabanned like 6 weeks ago

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Highly Doubt. You would see Oleg on here anytime soon. He has said he is done with cycling for now. Don't be surprised if he see's a big bump in his fortune. He would come back into the World Tour. Don't think he is done. IMHO

Berto is looking sharp! TREK is getting there $ worth so far.

Red Rick said:
SKSemtex said:
Escarabajo said:
Irondan said:
sir fly said:
Legendary!
He should join the forum, as well!
Would bring absolute madness in this thread.
That would be some serious fun! :D
If you apply the rules fairly, he would be banned within a day. I can see it.
Now I have just realized I have not been seeing Ryo for a while here. Banned forever?
Yeah, he was permabanned like 6 weeks ago

Wow some people never learn. That's a shame even though I often disagreed with him.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

HelloDolly said:
Contador wining PN is not at stake...Contador in July is all that matters...He needs ot build his form and concentrate on the main goal not chasing a race that is out of reach

Everyone ahead of bert are not his rivals in July

Contador can get whatever form he is. But he needs to stop starting from behind. If it's not his ITT, his TTT team or crash. He isn't young anymore. He has a better chance when he isn't chasing all the time.

thehook said:
Highly Doubt. You would see Oleg on here anytime soon. He has said he is done with cycling for now. Don't be surprised if he see's a big bump in his fortune. He would come back into the World Tour. Don't think he is done. IMHO

Berto is looking sharp! TREK is getting there $ worth so far.
Wha?

Did you not notice up-thread that Oleg was in fact on the CN website comments section, talking *** about Alberto (before that, he was giving JV grief)? If he was on the comments section why wouldn't he comment in the forum?

Obviously he's not as done with cycling as you think he is...