• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 230 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hannah Grant @dailystews Chef for Saxo-Tinkoff

Kitchen crew got a new staff member @JensenJuul is making lunch - good team player! #tccorsica #teamsaxotinkoff

Looks like Chris Juul-Jensen is looking forward to the lunch :)

BD2-zfWCAAA-zbS.jpg

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Could be, it could also be Matti though because he is standing next to Jesus and Benja I thought it might be Alberto, also has the same build.

Fair enough and like you said "it could be Alberto" but I went with Jay M. because he's clearly short (which the guy on the picture is) and the little bit of skin that is shown is light (white) - I don't think Alberto is that short to the other riders and he's definitely more darker skin :) But again is hard to tell from the picture :D

sacrifice&hardwork said:
Fair enough and like you said "it could be Alberto" but I went with Jay M. because he's clearly short (which the guy on the picture is) and the little bit of skin that is shown is light (white) - I don't think Alberto is that short to the other riders and he's definitely more darker skin :) But again is hard to tell from the picture :D

that is a good point

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
that is a good point

Hehe well I work with 'process of elimination' :D Today the team posted about 17 photos in their FB page - for me personally it's really hard to tell who is who in the pictures where they're wearing their rain jacket, helmets, caps, and glasses - I tried to find Alberto in a picture where he clearly stands out but I can't (I found it hard and tricky) :(

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
jyhjyh said:
I was wrong!!

@JensenJuul @J_Cantwell you need to start making a name for yourself so people recognize its you ...

Haha I was wrong too :eek: I believed it was Roman K. lol :p I should've known better by looking more closely at how thick his (Johnny's) body was compare to Roman's and like LaForecita said - they're both bffs :)

Thought this was a good read

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contadors-fuente-de-attack-history-repeating-itself

I may have posted it before, don't really remember

Contador’s Fuente Dé attack: History repeating itself

FuenteDecelebracion.jpg

In 2002, the second of Contador’s two years in the amateur peloton, during the prestigious Circuito Montañes stage race, he staged an attack at exactly the same spot, 3 kilometres from the summit of the second category climb where he attacked in the Vuelta this year.

“It was a very similar stage to the one in the Vuelta this year,” Contador’s director in his amateur years, Juan Gonzalez, told MARCA, “but perhaps even harder.”

Contador went away alone, was caught by Javier Ramirez Abeja, now racing with the Andalucia team, and by another rider shortly after the town of Potes at the foot of the Fuente Dé climb.

“I told him to attack again on a ramp called Los Llanos, and Alberto went away again, but was caught 500 metres from the line.”

“Wednesday’s stage was a carbon copy of that stage, with the difference that this time round it worked.”

And this

Gonzalez recalls Contador as being “unpredictable, he would attack anywhere and everywhere and you didn’t need to push him to make a move. And you couldn’t stop him either because once he’d attacked it was better to leave him in peace!”

“He was the best climber of his generation “Gonzalez recalled “but despite his weight he was able to finish a close second in time trials like the Graniitier Breton prologue and the hillclimb in the Circuito Montañes” as well as winning the amateur Spanish time trials.

:)

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
xrayvision said:
And this is the difference between Andy and Alberto. ;)
Yeah.
Poor ol' Berto is freezing, while Andy is chilling in sweet Mallorca sun.
Some labor all their life, and some enjoy.
Dukes and serfs.