• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 382 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Pulpstar said:
The analogy is used in cricket the most, but I think it extends to most over sports.

Certainly is used in horse racing. A horse can be the Class of a race but not on the needed form for this race. Will his class get him to the line first? The bettors decision :)

Class will tell though, it always does. And Bertie has got plenty of it, just needs the form!

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
fantomas said:
Indeed, AC looked really good today, but it's not like Froome hasn't looked anything but great too. The truth is, we know nothing until the first showdown.

i think saturday, Froome can't wait to showboating his form. He did that in stage 3 already. So he'll try to stomp his authority early on. Contador, if he managed to recover from his left muscle leg that still bothers him, will probably just give froome a playful rebound boxing just to make froome entertained :D. But I don't see contador will go full gas yet. *knowing contador, I might be wrong*.

I'm more interesting to see Porte actually. He's been doing a lot of smack talk prior to the tour. *i saved his comment just to reminding me if he can backed up what he said after Dauphine* Can't wait to see purito and valverde put a clam on his big mouth.

Don't care about who and who got class or in the class or being classed. If you can't win GT, got class means nothing, other than they got plenty worship and outrageous predictions on every race by cycling forum fans :D

Jelantik said:
Don't care about who and who got class or in the class or being classed. If you can't win GT, got class means nothing, other than they got plenty worship and outrageous predictions on every race by cycling forum fans :D

Well Andy has class, always has. With form and an ITT light parcours he could win a GT (on the road). A GT like the Vuelta most likely.

Sagan has class but isn't likely to ever win a GT, same for Fabu, Gilbert, etc. Many riders with class that will never win a GT but shine in their area of expertise.

Even Lance (gag) had class from day one, just not GT class, one day class.

Bertie has always had class, the question is will he find the form and recover from his injuries. And yes if he loses it won't be because he was outclassed by whoever beats him, simply that his class couldn't overcome the current obstacles. Sh*t happens :(

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Carols said:
Well Andy has class, always has. With form and an ITT light parcours he could win a GT (on the road). A GT like the Vuelta most likely.

Sagan has class but isn't likely to ever win a GT, same for Fabu, Gilbert, etc. Many riders with class that will never win a GT but shine in their area of expertise.

Even Lance (gag) had class from day one, just not GT class, one day class.

Bertie has always had class, the question is will he find the form and recover from his injuries. And yes if he loses it won't be because he was outclassed by whoever beats him, simply that his class couldn't overcome the current obstacles. Sh*t happens :(

huh,just wait a few years:D:D

anyway,couple of riders of Saxo team fell today,hopefuly it won't be bad:(

del1962 said:
Your closed minded obsession of hate with one team continues

cant wait for the next installment.

Excuse me you and flo were having a discussion about whether froomes class was permanent. I chipped in with the very relevant point that bailsford didn't seem to think froome had much class back in 2010.

How is that being obsessive? I didn't introduce froome into the discussion, in fact you were taking part before me.

A bit hypocritical no?

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
From Tinkov's Russian Eurosport interview: "There's only 1 goal. If we don't win ,it will be a huge fail...We didn't win TTT because of Kiri. I offered Riis to buy him in off-season but Riis didn't agree'.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
Saves you in a way. good for you that kiri did not join riis men.

Well, the main thing is it wouldn't be a hard choice for Kiriyenka himself. :)

Honestly have big diffuculties with understanding who The Hitch calls 'sky fanboys'. Hardly can count 3 guys on the forum: Pricey_Sky and spalco (serious deliberated forum members) and willbick (a bit of ultras). :)

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
huh,just wait a few years:D:D

anyway,couple of riders of Saxo team fell today,hopefuly it won't be bad:(

Noval most likely fell back due to his injury from yesterday. Jesus just have to complete the flat stages within the time limit and be ready for the mountains since GC is completely meaningless to him.

TRENDING THREADS