• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 870 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
airstream said:
Froome or someone else will never be better for 'fans' like you because it'd crush templates of thinking and destroy the reason you follow it

btw try to сurb you bile kid. try to find a girl friend. your cynic world view rather look like you a lonely desperate 60 yo gaffer. but the forum could change real life isn't it???!!! :p

I spit in the eyes of forum moral you try to represent since you live HERE LOOOL

Tip #1 to survive longer as a sockpuppet:

Never go full genius.

Oktavi

BANNED
Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Netserk said:
TIP #2:

DON'T POST IN ALL CAPS. IF YOU DO, MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE A SMILEY WITH A LOWER CASE LETTER. :cool:

i couldn't care less, danish vice squad. go give advice to ur mom though i doubt you leave computer even on 1 second. -)))

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
TANK91 said:
Yeah that is the main TDF i regret, i was a huge Ullrich fan but i think it was Basso's era at the time. Basso was the man even Lance said would take over he was a far better climber than Ullrich was as he could stay with Armstrong now and then, Ullrich could never really stay with Lance could he.

As this is Contador thread ill bring him into it imagine no ban for Basso and Ullrich what a TDF we would have had in 07?. Not taking nothing away from Contador but isit a stretch to say Basso would have been his man rival for 07,08,09?. Basso's carear was took in his prime really he had a good 2010 but he was not the same, after 2010 he was like 32-32.

That was really disappointing. Although 2006 Basso was super strong, I was hoping he wouldnt have the reserves to pull out the Tour. Simoni referred to basso as a extra terrestrial.

"I've never seen anyone dominate [like Basso], never seen any one that strong! He seems like an extra-terrestrial," Simoni said post-stage, his face and words minced with bitterness.

But Ullrich showing in Stage 11 of the Giro winning the ITT and then winning the Tour de Suisse on the last day, geez I really wanted to see Ullrich win again.

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
As far as Ullrich goes... he has to be one of the unluckiest guys in the face of the planet. First, his best years coincided with LA's dominance. Secondly, LA never really faltered that bad. I mean, he came close in 2003, when Lance had an off year... but even then, in the TT into Nantes (I think,) pïssing rain and only seconds behind Lance, Jan cocks one up and kisses the pavement.

I've always wondered what the TdF would've been like had Ullrich gone into the mountains with 2+ minutes on Lance. I mean, if you think about it... God dammit! The guy had no luck at all.

trevim said:
Ahah thanks, very cool pics. I bet Klodi is there just for fun, he always seemed to get along great with Alberto. Even in 2010, after that Col du Romme tactical fail by Contador and Klodi moving to Armstrong's team.

I'm seriously considering a change in my avatar BTW :)

That was not a tactical fail, he just wanted to get rid of him incase something goes wrong in time trial.

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
The_Juan said:
As far as Ullrich goes... he has to be one of the unluckiest guys in the face of the planet. First, his best years coincided with LA's dominance. Secondly, LA never really faltered that bad. I mean, he came close in 2003, when Lance had an off year... but even then, in the TT into Nantes (I think,) pïssing rain and only seconds behind Lance, Jan cocks one up and kisses the pavement.

I've always wondered what the TdF would've been like had Ullrich gone into the mountains with 2+ minutes on Lance. I mean, if you think about it... God dammit! The guy had no luck at all.

He was a little unlucky in 2003 - true. He was sick in Alpe d' Huez where he lost a couple of minutes and that day there were 5-6 riders equally strong. His general level would have allowed him to come in with Armstrong.

But he showed up in mediocre form too often (2000...Hautacam and Courchevel...2004 after his great 2003 etc).

Had he repeated his '97 form in at least 50% of the years, he'd won multiple TdF. He would have beaten Lance both in the mountains and the TT's.

Alpe d' Huez 1997: Jan Ullrich 37:40
Alpe d' Huez 2001: Jan Ullrich 40:02
Alpe d'Huez 2001 : L. Armstrong 38:01

Truth is - apart from 2003 his overall level was clearly behind '96 - '98. That's only his own fault.

Jecob14

BANNED
Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Florecita, Blurry, Miburo, arc40 and Netserk.. his stubborn highness..others...

Do you realize that all of you are boundlessly far away from reality? You all live by something which doesn't exist (image of Contador you draw in the thread, not Contador himself) You built so many myths, encouraged so many mystifications in very debatable cases, called this image grand and infallible so many times for so long, that the image completely ousted real Contador during his lifetime. Real Contador is the most winning GT racer in the last 10 years, versatile rider whose power and merits don't absolutely need redundant glorifications and it's a giant train of coincidences and controversy. But it doesn't interest you since you always hype and overdramatize successful moments for Contador and underrate successful moments of his opponents. You always belittle Nibali when he's threat for Contador. The same works for Froome anyone else. You will always belittle anyone, able to be a threat for Contador because reality doesn't interest you since reality sometimes consists of frustrations. However, you don't want to see any little frustrations in the area you are interested in, so you close the eyes when you don't want to see anything you dislike. And all absurdity of your thoughts are in that. If Contador gets beaten - he's out of shape, if Contador gets beaten - he always has allegedly bigger reserve, if he crushes out of the race, he's not blame for that, the asphalt is blame. Contador cannot be beaten while on form since it's Contador - one enormous delusion you've diligently constucted on here for years. It's madness because you are mentally unable to look at the things under healthy angle without exaggerations and actual distortions (if he's beaten in even match, you say he could win but didn't want, if he drops someone, he could easily do it 10 km before, for you he could easily win Zoncolan and easily keep up with Rodriguez at Mundo, for you Froome could win the Tour only because he didn't experience against on form Contador, however thought about thought about on form Nibali, Quintana and Froome won't hit you mind. Even for 2015 you prefer to look into only perfect scenarios for Contador. To be sure!!! Otherwise what's the hell to watch it... A million of examples can be brought in this regard...And huge personal problems are concealed behind it.

You got lost in your lives and look like little kids who hid in their toy house to abscond from real life. Think about it at leisure (I mean leisure, not forum, because forum is job for you given the time you spend here).

airstream said:
Florecita, Blurry, Miburo, arc40 and Netserk.. his stubborn highness..others...

Do you realize that all of you are boundlessly far away from reality? You all live by something which doesn't exist (image of Contador you draw in the thread, not Contador himself) You built so many myths, encouraged so many mystifications in very debatable cases, called this image grand and infallible so many times for so long, that the image completely ousted real Contador during his lifetime. Real Contador is the most winning GT racer in the last 10 years, versatile rider whose power and merits don't absolutely need redundant glorifications and it's a giant train of coincidences and controversy. But it doesn't interest you since you always hype and overdramatize successful moments for Contador and underrate successful moments of his opponents. You always belittle Nibali when he's threat for Contador. The same works for Froome anyone else. You will always belittle anyone, able to be a threat for Contador because reality doesn't interest you since reality sometimes consists of frustrations. However, you don't want to see any little frustrations in the area you are interested in, so you close the eyes when you don't want to see anything you dislike. And all absurdity of your thoughts are in that. If Contador gets beaten - he's out of shape, if Contador gets beaten - he always has allegedly bigger reserve, if he crushes out of the race, he's not blame for that, the asphalt is blame. Contador cannot be beaten while on form since it's Contador - one enormous delusion you've diligently constucted on here for years. It's madness because you are mentally unable to look at the things under healthy angle without exaggerations and actual distortions (if he's beaten in even match, you say he could win but didn't want, if he drops someone, he could easily do it 10 km before, for you he could easily win Zoncolan and easily keep up with Rodriguez at Mundo, for you Froome could win the Tour only because he didn't experience against on form Contador, however thought about thought about on form Nibali, Quintana and Froome won't hit you mind. Even for 2015 you prefer to look into only perfect scenarios for Contador. To be sure!!! Otherwise what's the hell to watch it... A million of examples can be brought in this regard...And huge personal problems are concealed behind it.

You got lost in your lives and look like little kids who hid in their toy house to abscond from real life. Think about it at leisure (I mean leisure, not forum, because forum is job for you given the time you spend here).

Why can't you just stay away?:eek:

contador977 said:
That was really disappointing. Although 2006 Basso was super strong, I was hoping he wouldnt have the reserves to pull out the Tour. Simoni referred to basso as a extra terrestrial.

If he was there, there would have been no way Floyd could have won with that solo attack.
Also with the Basso and Ulrich debate as to who was better- Basso was a stronger climber, Ulrich an ITTer so each had their strengths.

TRENDING THREADS