• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 92 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 19, 2011
Visit site
“The most important thing is my sensations were very good, and every day I’m feeling stronger.”

Haha if that is true, I can't see anyone challenge him for the overall win and alien CF can possibly fall off the podium:D

maxmartin said:
“The most important thing is my sensations were very good, and every day I’m feeling stronger.”

Where did you see this quote?

If true it's just about over :) But I still have some concerns about his stamina.

Nice ride today!!! Great rides by Purito and Valverde; Alberto knew the route and the riders with the exception of Froome. Now he pretty much has his number also I think ;)

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
He is far from his best, he did an average hilly-TT. But seems Froome is fading fast.

At least 2013 looks good with Andy, Contador and Froome at his best. The TdF 2013 course sounds to be epic from the rumours I see.

And Contador warming down:D
j2hwvbpj:iphone

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Forunculo said:
He is far from his best, he did an average hilly-TT. But seems Froome is fading fast.

At least 2013 looks good with Andy, Contador and Froome at his best. The TdF 2013 course sounds to be epic from the rumours I see.

And Contador warming down:D
j2hwvbpj:iphone

I wouldn't say he's far from his best, but he's definitely not on top form. The 2013 TdF is going to be epic. In a way I feel sorry for Wiggins already.

Publicus said:
I wouldn't say he's far from his best, but he's definitely not on top form. The 2013 TdF is going to be epic. In a way I feel sorry for Wiggins already.

indeed the way he went today...he looks he might be in top form in asturia or very close
definitely,not an average time trial
it wasn't contador going average but valverde,kessiakoff,intxausti going like missiles.purito too:D

jens_attacks said:
indeed the way he went today...he looks he might be in top form in asturia or very close
definitely,not an average time trial
it wasn't contador going average but valverde,kessiakoff,intxausti going like missiles.purito too:D

It was Contador being an 'average' Condator; not a 100% Contador IMO. He lost time to the winner as it went on. Stamina is still a question mark. He was up on Kessiakof and ended up down by :17...

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Forunculo said:

Why should anyone have any confidence in Andy Schleck returning to form? It was no surprise that his crash that took him out was in a TT. Granted, it was windy and technical and he may not have been the only one to crash that day, but he did everything possible to give himself the best chance of taking himself out of commission with his lack of training, lack of racing, lack of finishing racing when he did start, and lack of preparation in the TT on a TT bike.

UpTheRoad said:
Why should anyone have any confidence in Andy Schleck returning to form? It was no surprise that his crash that took him out was in a TT. Granted, it was windy and technical and he may not have been the only one to crash that day, but he did everything possible to give himself the best chance of taking himself out of commission with his lack of training, lack of racing, lack of finishing racing when he did start, and lack of preparation in the TT on a TT bike.

Because Andy is noted for his Magical once a year TdF form...the only reason LOL!

BTW Alberto will be wearing Combo Classification jersey tomorrow???

TRENDING THREADS