• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 100 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
He said the same yesterday! :D

"Tomorrow more and better! ;-)"

Eventually he did it.

I love this mentality and you know he's not lying.

He talks in cliche's but when he says he's gonna attack he will attack :D

http://teamsaxobanktinkoffbank.com/ny_news.asp?n_id=3773&lang=uk

“At the start of the stage, I wasn't feeling very well so I told the guys not to make the race as hard as yeterday but then I saw when we started to push that people seemed a little tired so we decided to give it a go anyway. You can rest assure that I'll try at every chance I get from now on. You never know when people have a bad day. Joaquin is riding stronger than ever while I might not be as strong as I could be because of my long break from racing. But I simply enjoy being here after too long time away from racing. It's amazing to feel the love and support from the crowd every day. Tomorrow, the goal is simple. I have to attack and keep attacking so I hope to recover and be stronger than today,” said Alberto Contador late Sunday night.

Damn he's a legend.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
He's gonna attack till he drops dead. (I hope that doesn't happen of course ;))

You just realised that? I think you haven't watched tour '11 :D

And yeah he's a living legend, together with Cancellara probably the 2 most appealing cyclists in this era.

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Contador has the heart of a champion. Attack, attack and trying everything.

I hope Sky does something the coming days as that might help Alberto. They really have to put pressure on Rodriguez much earlier in the stages.

TDF sucked. It was basically one big time trial. Wiggins has to be one of the most boring GT winners ever. Viva la Vuelta. Awesome race so far although Contador has not been able to launch any sustained attacks.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Although ultimately unsuccessful, Rodriguez said that Contador's multiple charges had had him ‘on the rivet' and on hearing that Contador was on a bad day, instantly responded that "heaven help us when he's on a good one, then!"

Awesome:D:D

No_Balls said:
Very strange saying these things in public. Although it looks as if he is not invincible.

My thought exactly! If I was on the rivet I certainly wouldn't advertise it to my foe right before a big mountain day knowing he has said he will attack relentlessly. Makes No Sense! Just saying....

Maybe he feels strong and is hoping Alberto will blow himself up trying thinking he is weaker than he looks?

Carols said:
My thought exactly! If I was on the rivet I certainly wouldn't advertise it to my foe right before a big mountain day knowing he has said he will attack relentlessly. Makes No Sense! Just saying....

Maybe he feels strong and is hoping Alberto will blow himself up trying thinking he is weaker than he looks?

I am almost sure so. This is just a response to Alberto saying he had "a bad day" yesterday. The psychological warfare is on! :cool:

TRENDING THREADS