• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 310 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Cimber said:
And tbh I dont think Saxo cares much either.

Well they are the ones that get interviewed the most for danish TV so i think they have some comercial value...

Cimber said:
CAS it not a good TTTer,

I did say OK not good :D But CAS is actually better in a TTT than in a regular TT. But if they go to win the TTT CAS might not be in it and Mørkøv would be the better fit a long with Tosatto/Petrov i guess

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
JRanton said:
No, but I think it's clear that he greatly dislikes Sky, Froome and especially Wiggins.

Can't say about Sky or Wiggins, but Contador tried to get Froome to Saxo, so not sure how greatly he dislikes him...

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the next races!

Cimber said:
Dont think Tinkov cares to much (0; And tbh I dont think Saxo cares much either.

CAS it not a good TTTer, Mørkøv is though.

And yep I think Benatti and Nicki might be among the preselected, but its interessting that Nicki is due to ride both Daupliné and Tour of Luxembourg. None of the other Tour candidates seem to ride anything but TDS and Dauphiné before the Tour.

yup I agree because Bennati tweeted something about his next races being suisse and tdf and Nicki was left out of the giro team to race tdf I think.

I think the tour team will be

Alberto
Jesus
Roche
Kreuziger
Rogers
Bennati
N Sorensen
and
Tosatto
CAS

by the way I don't think Alberto dislikes sky or wiggins or Froome. Froome and Alberto were chatting a lot in oman and seemed very friendly

20130211cy0017_670.jpg

Chris+Froome+Tour+Oman+Day+Three+na8LVUtnWWWl.jpg

Chris+Froome+Tour+Oman+Day+Six+uNiBv3dFjJkx.jpg

Alberto+Contador+Chris+Froome+Tour+Oman+Day+ZXZCWpZzm5dx.jpg

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Angliru said:
I take it back Airstream. ;) Now this here is a prime example of an overactive imagination. I don't see how one could come to the conclusion that you (@JRanton) have here.

I guess this is what JRantons line of thinking was when writing that: A lot of posters on this forum, especially the ones who are fans of Contador, dislike Sky, Wiggings and to some extend Froome (though he is a lot more agressive rider than Wiggo). And then he, JRanton, simply concluded that if some Contador fans dislikes SKy/WIggo/Froome surely Contador himself must strongly dislike them too. Weird conclusion indeed.

Cimber said:
I guess this is what JRantons line of thinking was when writing that: A lot of posters on this forum, especially the ones who are fans of Contador, dislike Sky, Wiggings and to some extend Froome (though he is a lot more agressive rider than Wiggo). And then he, JRanton, simply concluded that if some Contador fans dislikes SKy/WIggo/Froome surely Contador himself must strongly dislike them too. Weird conclusion indeed.

Very strange. The way Sky ride is perfect for a guy like Bertie, he can hitch a lift on the train then jump out when he knows he can sustain it until the end. He should love Sky, they can take a huge amount of the work off other teams. The fact that Sky will probably ride like that even if they don't have the Yellow Jersey is another big plus.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
by the way I don't think Alberto dislikes sky or wiggins or Froome. Froome and Alberto were chatting a lot in oman and seemed very friendly

<pictures>

Contador's was just luring Froome into a false sense of security with all the chatting. Make him think they are friends, get him to drop his guard, and reveal all of Sky's secrets to him. :D

Cimber said:

Even stranger is how a rider can be disliked by some here based primarily on the degree of his popularity in the cn forum, and by how annoyed one gets by those in the forum that support that rider.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Angliru said:
Even stranger is how a rider can be disliked by some here based primarily on the degree of his popularity in the cn forum, and by how annoyed one gets by those in the forum that support that rider.

I dont think anyone dislikes particular riders cos of cn popularity. Cant rule out that it happens but in general I dont recall that being a tendency here. But I might be wrong cos cn has changed the last few years. Alot new ppl here who are new to the sport. Not a bad thing per say, just different

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Afrank said:
Contador's was just luring Froome into a false sense of security with all the chatting. Make him think they are friends, get him to drop his guard, and reveal all of Sky's secrets to him. :D

alberto_contador_chistopher_froome.jpg

he's telling him that wearing his glasses under the helmet strap violates rule #37
;)

Cimber said:
I dont think anyone dislikes particular riders cos of cn popularity. Cant rule out that it happens but in general I dont recall that being a tendency here. But I might be wrong cos cn has changed the last few years. Alot new ppl here who are new to the sport. Not a bad thing per say, just different

The keyword in my post is "primarily". I've seen posts where it's stated that the tenor or vigor by which some support certain riders drives them to root for that rider's failure. I agree that cn has changed over the years but in time the "newbies" as they're called will stick with the sport, enhance their overall knowledge and hopefully be curious enough to familiarize themselves with the sport's great history.

Angliru said:
The keyword in my post is "primarily". I've seen posts where it's stated that the tenor or vigor by which some support certain riders drives them to root for that rider's failure. I agree that cn has changed over the years but in time the "newbies" as their called will stick with the sport, enhance their overall knowledge and hopefully be curious enough to familiarize themselves with the sport's great history.

I guess that was me

LaFlorecita said:
I guess that was me

I'm quite certain it wasn't just you. There are more than a few, including myself, that have probably rubbed some on cn the wrong way with their support of a particular rider but so what? I wouldn't doubt that I'm on a few "ignore" lists.
I look at it like this: some riders obtain such an emotional following that they become like a home team, one that you might take personal certain derogatory comments or slights directed directed their way. Maybe I'm different, but I feel a certain loyalty to riders that have brought me joy in watching them perform their craft, and feel a need to come to their defense when I feel a wrong is being done to them.

Angliru said:
I'm quite certain it wasn't just you. There are more than a few, including myself, that have probably rubbed some on cn the wrong way with their support of a particular rider but so what? I wouldn't doubt that I'm on a few "ignore" lists.
I look at it like this: some riders obtain such an emotional following that they become like a home team, one that you might take personal certain derogatory comments or slights directed directed their way. Maybe I'm different, but I feel a certain loyalty to riders that have brought me joy in watching them perform their craft, and feel a need to come to their defense when I feel a wrong is being done to them.

Oh okay, I thought you meant me because during the giro the nibali hype annoyed me a bit.. but I guess you weren't around much

I completely understand you, I feel the same way about certain riders.:)

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Oh okay, I thought you meant me because during the giro the nibali hype annoyed me a bit.. but I guess you weren't around much

Then you should be ready for one day when forum becomes hell for you. Don't worry so much. The forum is doomed to collide with someone's hype everyonce in a while

LaFlorecita said:

Actually I quite like Nibali. Yeah, I wasn't around enough to notice or have an opinion either way on whatever Nibali-hype took place in May. I personally don't think he gets the respect that he deserves.

May 24, 2010
Visit site
airstream said:
Contador literally said: 'When my legs are okay, I fear neither Froome nor Wiggins'. Period. What promises are laid in this statements I don't know.

What it means my little trolling buddy is that Alberto will do what he has to do to win the race, he won't rely on anyone elses form or tactics. "When my legs are okay" is the key phrase that's had everyone worried since Alberto hit the scene, when his legs are okay, he's almost unbeatable, roll on july!!

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Siriuscat said:
What it means my little trolling buddy is that Alberto will do what he has to do to win the race, he won't rely on anyone elses form or tactics. "When my legs are okay" is the key phrase that's had everyone worried since Alberto hit the scene, when his legs are okay, he's almost unbeatable, roll on july!!

If he's 100% you're right. When Contador is in that shape he'll never get dropped.

Giro 2011/ Tour '09 shape. But the Froomeborg is pretty crazy too.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Miburo said:
If he's 100% you're right. When Contador is in that shape he'll never get dropped.

Giro 2011/ Tour '09 shape. But the Froomeborg is pretty crazy too.

yeah.. let's see what happen starting Sunday :p. Should either be a disaster for contador or a good sign.

TRENDING THREADS