• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 380 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
well.. today is a good sign of the strength of saxo boys. Looks like everyone is coming to form now. 6 seconds from Froome isn't a bad place to be. Besides alberto, mic, roman and roche are high in GC. With sky only got porte and froome. *forget eddy - he'll be missing after the first mountain*.

if saxo can keep the quartet as along as they can high in GC, sky will have a handfull to deal with.

Btw, contador looked good today? he seemed to ride with full gas..

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
alberto said after TTT:

"After the crash (on day one – ed.), I feel better and better every day and while the muscles of my left leg still bother me, I hope to arrive in the Pyrenees in perfect condition.”

Let's hope so. Looks like his shoulder is fine though.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Cimber said:
He wont ón Ax3 but maybe in the alpes in the last week

Why not? If he has the legs i think he'll give it a go. Obviously he'll only do it when he's sure he can drop Froome which is not so easy :D

Following Froome would be already very good, last week he'll drop him :cool:

LaFlorecita said:
Team Sky, along with Le Tour favourite Chris Froome will be happy with their effort, finishing just over two seconds off the lead for third place - giving the Brit significant time advantage over rivals Alberto Contador and Cadel Evans in the overall standings.
Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/cycling/sport/story/218101.html#vzy5TAcwiWlO5t3S.99

Its amazing how many nutters are deluding themselves that Cadel Evans is the only challenger to Froome, on the basis that when they started watching cycling (last year) Evans was the cyclist they kept hearing as the defending champion last year, and Contador is a doper so cant possibly be any good in this new clean peloton.

There were even some comments Kirby read out angry that contador was being mentioned so much, guaranteeing that evans is the only threat.

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Netserk said:
I agree. Passive in the Pyranees. Active in the Alpes.

Maaaaaaaarten said:
no no no, attack with Kreuziger on the descent of Pailhares please. :D

No. React first, then attack.

Purito, Evans, and Valverde need to go on the attack first. AC to wait until Sky chases down all three (however many times they have to do it). Then AC goes. Quintana, TJVG, JvdB also to go first, if possible.

AC can put in his multiple attacks, but they cannot be the first, second, third attacks on the road. If they are 5th, 6th and 9th, for instance, he'll be in yellow in Paris.

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Another interesting statement during an interview with Lars Seier Christensen on danish TV, in company in the car with Riis today, Bjarne stated that Berto is planned to peak in 10 days from today, and everything goes as planned. ;)

Btw, how come we are not hearing from air today? :D

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Just out of the interest who made up that Froome allegedly has problems with recovery and he is so myopic than peaks not for the 3rd week? Do you seriously admit he could not take into account this elementary thing? Looks like it's the last rescue longboat of Contador hopes.

airstream said:
Just out of the interest who made up that Froome allegedly has problems with recovery and he is so myopic than peaks not for the 3rd week? Do you seriously admit he could not take into account this elementary thing? Looks like it's the last rescue longboat of Contador hopes.

It's observed, not made up.

Compare Froome's Tour-Vuelta with Contador's Giro-Tour.

TRENDING THREADS