• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 547 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
The Volta has a twitter account for their race, correct? Because if they do then we all need to take to Twitter immediately demanding Contador be given that 1 second back! This is unjust and must be amended for!

;) :D

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Butterhead said:
All I care about is who crosses the line first, AC or the dawg.
Does it matter?
Not in regards of who is in the better shape of the 2, but in regards to the mental boost that it means especially to AC, then it´s extremely important.
Who wins in July I have no idea, but for the fans, riders and teams this is a boost that can and will move a few borders compared to last years disaster, so the suspense is intact and we can await a nice battle in July.

+1.. Now there's a hope that Contador will be able to match Froome. Granted that Froome can regain his 2013 form. Today is a good morale boost for Contador. He did his winter homework properly. So far he has walked the walked and talked the talked.

There's no Livestream today so I can't comment on how Tejay won over contador.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Jelantik said:
+1.. Now there's a hope that Contador will be able to match Froome. Granted that Froome can regain his 2013 form. Today is a good morale boost for Contador. He did his winter homework properly. So far he has walked the walked and talked the talked.

There's no Livestream today so I can't comment on how Tejay won over contador.

I believe the final went something like: Froome attacked, the other big 3 marked him immediately, Contador counter attacked, Quitnana and Purito were on him, he continued to set the pace at the front, Bardet attacked with Tejay on his wheel. The two managed to stay away with Tejay winning the sprint. Then the others sprinted in for the remaining places.

Afrank said:
I believe the final went something like: Froome attacked, the other big 3 marked him immediately, Contador counter attacked, Quitnana and Purito were on him, he continued to set the pace at the front, Bardet attacked with Tejay on his wheel. The two managed to stay away with Tejay winning the sprint. Then the others sprinted in for the remaining places.

According to the Tinkoff-Saxo homepage TJVG and Bardet just kept going as Contador paused with J-Rod on his wheel.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Afrank said:

thanks for the replay. :D

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Uh oh. Bertie messed up then.

or maybe because he doesn't want to drag purito to the line, and purito out sprint him. :D I wonder, are there going to be more attacks for the rest of the stages? the difference between 1,2,3,4,5 are minimal...

LaFlorecita said:
And how should they have known :rolleyes: I don't think they check to see if the time gaps are correct after every stage.

The officials should get the correct time gaps and that's the end of it. It's their job, after all.
It's their job yes, it's up to the teams whether they want to control if they are doing their job right or not. If they decide not to and say 'they won't make a mistake since it's their job', fine. But then it's their problem.

And how should they have known :rolleyes:

Oh come on. How did you know?

kingjr said:
It's their job yes, it's up to the teams whether they want to control if they are doing their job right or not. If they decide not to and say 'they won't make a mistake since it's their job', fine. But then it's their problem.

Well we'll have to disagree. I think it's ridiculous the official time gaps can't be trusted.

Oh come on. How did you know?

I found out because someone I follow on Twitter posted a picture of Contador crossing the line at 2s.

LaFlorecita said:
Well we'll have to disagree. I think it's ridiculous the official time gaps can't be trusted.
I would agree with you normally, but this is cycling :eek:

LaFlorecita said:
I found out because someone I follow on Twitter posted a picture of Contador crossing the line at 2s.

And how did he find out? By looking at the screen, if he paid attention to the gaps it wasn't hard to spot.

@roundabout they stopped the clock when Contador crossed the line.

LaFlorecita said:
Berto at 2s instead of 3s:confused:
Bjv3dUSCcAAW8o2.png:large

I also counted two seconds between Alberto and Purito not one.

TRENDING THREADS