• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 568 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Butterhead said:
Alberto Contador ‏@albertocontador 4h
Showering one of my girls.I still remember my mother scolding when I was doing it at home at age 16. ;-)

BlvETlhIQAA11Mn.jpg:large

I always knew he was clean. :cool:

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Roger's case seems to lost in translation somewhere. The case was last year in October, now april almost gone, we hear cricket. Even if he is cleared, I don't think he'll ride TDF. I haven't read anywhere that he has been training. Anyone knows?

Rory is hoping to make a TDF team. I hope he will since he has to battle with other medium mountain domestiques candidate.

Judging from Nico's twitter looks like he is not participating in ardenness after all. Straight to Romandie with majka, I hope. Kreuziger seemed to look fatigue to me, not sure if he can be competitive on LBL or FW. Maybe taking PV was a little mistake? He said it was a really tough for him. I hope we'll see some result from the rest of the squad

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Jelantik said:
Roger's case seems to lost in translation somewhere. The case was last year in October, now april almost gone, we hear cricket. Even if he is cleared, I don't think he'll ride TDF. I haven't read anywhere that he has been training. Anyone knows?

Rory is hoping to make a TDF team. I hope he will since he has to battle with other medium mountain domestiques candidate.

Judging from Nico's twitter looks like he is not participating in ardenness after all. Straight to Romandie with majka, I hope. Kreuziger seemed to look fatigue to me, not sure if he can be competitive on LBL or FW. Maybe taking PV was a little mistake? He said it was a really tough for him. I hope we'll see some result from the rest of the squad

Mick has been at the training camp in Feb, at least, think I saw his name flash in the Giro TC too, not sure tho, but he is definitely training with the team. Guess we'll hear soon about his case.

Has Rory ever ridden the Tour before? If he has, then I'd def include him in the team.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
peloton said:
Mick has been at the training camp in Feb, at least, think I saw his name flash in the Giro TC too, not sure tho, but he is definitely training with the team. Guess we'll hear soon about his case.

Has Rory ever ridden the Tour before? If he has, then I'd def include him in the team.

I thought he is being suspended by the team. If he is, then I don't think he would be in training camp with the team.

As far as Rory, I don't think he has ever ridden the Tour yet. I might be wrong though.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Nilsson said:
Correct, and was also with Contador on Tenerife in january/february.

sacrifice&hardwork said:
Rogers was there with the guys during the training camp on Mt. Etna even though he is still suspended.

ow very cool then if he is still training with the team. When is his hearing anyway?

Kristoffer looks at Roman to make sure that the pressure of his hands on the diaphragm isn’t causing discomfort. He treats all riders on the team and has felt the difference between them.

“For instance, I’m always at the races with Alberto. He’s very unique in the sense that he’s an extremely fine tuned engine just like Roman. But Alberto needs to be tense. He is actually self-regulating. He’s so used to the high stress on his body that he almost don’t produce lactic acid. I just need to optimize his core function during the races. But I never go really deep. He has build up so much energy inside his body and I don’t want to release that”, concludes Kristoffer as Roman lies in a state of tranquility and full bodily alertness ready to let go of the energy as soon as he’s on the bike.

http://www.tinkoffsaxo.com/news/photo-shoot-roman/

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
He is actually self-regulating. He’s so used to the high stress on his body that he almost don’t produce lactic acid.

This is very much true. It's insane.

I quote:
In his whole career, says San Millán, one athlete stands out in particular, a young Spanish rider he tested almost 10 years ago. When the test got really hard, this rider stood up on the pedals, desperate. “Most of the time, that means the guy’s done, like in a minute or two,” San Millán says. This kid kept going out of the saddle for a full 25 minutes longer. His name was Alberto Contador, and his signature is on a yellow jersey in a frame behind San Millán’s desk.

To no one’s surprise, the results show that I’m no Contador. I never even stood on the pedals, and at one point I ripped the mask off because I felt like I couldn’t breathe. (“Everybody hates the mask,” consoles physiologist Allen Lim, who has worked for Garmin and RadioShack.) San Millán shows me that when I quit, I carried 7.2 millimoles of lactate per liter of blood—a tiny concentration that, nonetheless, made me feel like I was going to die.

“Contador would have been here,” San Millán says, pointing at another chart. I look more closely: It says 0.8. With a zero. “Like he was sitting on the couch, watching TV.”

http://www.bicycling.com/training-nutrition/training-fitness/transcendent-pain

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
speaking about contador's talent and physique. I found someone posted this while commenting on other site.

This is Brailsford projected chart for sky's riders.
DBgraph.jpg

from article:
http://www.cyclesportmag.com/features/inside-the-mind-of-dave-brailsford/

Looking at Brailsford chart, looks like EBH is on the top of chart as far as talent and CF is at the bottom. What interesting is, considering Froome is less talent than EBH, Froome can shoot all the way up to the podium with the right mechanics of his training. There fore one can suggest that with the proper training, someone as talented as Contador should technically even go better than Froome? I hope so.:p

on side note: EBH seems to go no where at sky. :confused:

EDIT: the chart is made up by the magazine based on Dave explanation. So it's not necessarily from sky.

Jelantik said:
speaking about contador's talent and physique. I found someone posted this while commenting on other site.

This is Brailsford projected chart for sky's riders.
DBgraph.jpg

from article:
http://www.cyclesportmag.com/features/inside-the-mind-of-dave-brailsford/

Looking at Brailsford chart, looks like EBH is on the top of chart as far as talent and CF is at the bottom. What interesting is, considering Froome is less talent than EBH, Froome can shoot all the way up to the podium with the right mechanics of his training. There fore one can suggest that with the proper training, someone as talented as Contador should technically even go better than Froome? I hope so.:p

on side note: EBH seems to go no where at sky. :confused:

The chart was MADE UP by the magazine.

TRENDING THREADS