• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 622 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Hey folks,do you know (have) any great pics of Alberto for avatar?
I need to change,to support him properly,only 2 weeks left

Some from this year.

Alberto+Contador+Criterium+du+Dauphine+Stage+LdjF8SlH4vTl.jpg

Saying bye bye to Froome and Porte.

10.jpg

140318130142-alberto-contador-wins-tirreno-adriatico-single-image-cut.jpg

http://s2.djyimg.com/n3/eet-content/uploads/2014/04/Pistolero483223673-1024x681.jpg

http://www.cyclingfans.net/2014/images/2014_criterium_du_dauphine_stage1_alberto_contador1.jpg

http://cdn.velonews.competitor.com/files/2014/06/SPTDW006.jpg

http://cdn.velonews.competitor.com/files/2014/03/SPTDW6001.jpg

ILovecycling said:
Hey folks,do you know (have) any great pics of Alberto for avatar?
I need to change,to support him properly,only 2 weeks left:)

You really should do the one Afrank showed of AC riding away from Froomie and Porte. It is prophetic for what is coming up in July. :D
Edit: upon further inspection its very appropriate for what we will be seeing. Look at all the jaded faces of his rivals. :)

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Kreuziger did well yesterday, I don't know what do you expect from him? Mollema is going to be a top 10.

And Roche & Rogers matching Valverde sounds very well for Contador.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
just saw the rout de sud highlights.

mccarthy is doing good. so is beltran.
dont know whether beltran will be given a chance in tour though

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:

You have a great pic with that lion,more of them coming in july :)
Sadly I'm worried I won't be here in july and that I even won't be able to enjoy all stages,hopefuly I will catch all important stages:(
(onoh I might go to southern france - Pyrenees for a weekend and enjoy it live,I would love to do that,my dream is to see AC racing live)

Afrank said:
I'm glad Talansky won instead of Contador. For Talansky, a win here means a lot, a lot more then the win would mean for Contador. For Contador this race is all about getting those last racing miles in the legs. If he ended up winning it, great. If not, no big deal really. He's focused on the Tour as his main goal, it means a lot more that he looks ahead of Froome at this point.

I'm slowly catching up with the race and the thread.

Totally agree with Afrank here. Winning the Dauphine is a Big accomplishment for Pit Bull Talansky and Garmin. For Berto it would just be another race won and might even bring him bad luck!

I have seen all but the final stage of the race now. Alberto looked very strong on stage 2, but Froome was stronger. Still Froome had to be dismayed that he gave it everything multiple times and couldn't drop Alberto :)

Then there was the downhill attack. You just have to love this guy, sometimes he does these things for the Pure Joy of riding his bike. It was a nice sustained training move and he gave the camera a grin and a wave not at all dismayed that he had been reeled in.

In the finale of the Queen stage he showed formidable power and acceleration and dropped Froome for the first time since the Vuelta 2012? The mans form is becoming razor sharp :). It will be a TdF to remember I think!

Today I should manage to fit in the final stage and see how he lost the overall due to lack of a team. I hope TS has learned something from that performance and give him the team he deserves in every race from here on out. I'm sure they will in the Tour and were just trying to give the Roche, Roman and Mick opportunities before their domestic duties in the TdF. All 3 have taken advantage of those opportunities so should be riding well in July :).

Personally, I humbly apologize to Alberto for believing he was into the Fade and would not come back strong. I am totally overjoyed to be wrong :).

TdF Alberto For the Win!!!

EDIT: typos

rhubroma said:
Contador has demonstrated himself to be the best cyclist since Hinault, though hat's off to Talansky for his strategic victory.

Today's stage showed us that cycling is poetry and it took just two drops of water to make Sky's computer go berserk.

Lance was better. Better climber, better time-trialist and a better cheater.

Carols said:
I have said this before and gotten jumped on by many. Anyway I've believed it for years, the best since Hinault. He only needs a real classic to enter the realm of one of the very best ever. IMO he was a GT legend a few years back.

I beg to differ. The best since Lemond, perhaps.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
indianfanboy said:
Very bad perfomance in the final stage of TDS by Kreuziger

Kreuziger needs to work on his form seriously

what did happen? did he miss to follow attack by Frank and Molema? Oliver zaug doesn't look bad. Roche and Rogers 1-2 at RouteDuSud, so it's good for contador. Kreuziger seemed to be up and down at TdS.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
indianfanboy said:
Very bad perfomance in the final stage of TDS by Kreuziger

Kreuziger needs to work on his form seriously

I think Kreu was waiting for someone else to attack. he did follow capecci. but the rest of the group also followed him. I think he is not back into racing form yet. But the thing is, AC will want him back in form during the late 2nd week/early 3rd week.

I simply love Zuagg. What a ride! He must be part of TdF team.
If Zuagg+Kreu+Roche+Rogers are going to ride in the mountains with AC, then Sky train would self-destruct.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah,I liked Zaugg very much this TdS,question is ,is he ready for Tour?3 week race,physically and esp mentaly very tough race.

Alberto trained at Mortirolo today,good times ahead:)

TRENDING THREADS