• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1015 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure he'll finish the Giro and I'm sure the injury won't be a problem for the next week. It's hurting, but additional pain won't stop Contador. Performance will only drop a bit for two or three days, I believe.

Just saw an interview with Alberto before todays start. He had a good nights sleep on medication. He says his teammates has to help him eat on the stage, because he can't lift his arm over his head, otherwise the shoulder will pop out again. But he says he feels in fine condition, and his spirit is high! Vamos Alberto!!

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
rune1107 said:
Just saw an interview with Alberto before todays start. He says his teammates has to help him eat on the stage, because he can't lift his arm over his head, otherwise the shoulder will pop out again. But he says he feels in fine condition, and his spirit is high! Vamos Alberto!!
Vamosss!!!!

Obviously it will be a tough day for him, but after seeing him I have no doubt he is going to finish this race. He has worked to hard for this to fall apart!

Dog

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
He should withdraw. He's risking his whole season if he crashes again. Just not worth it. He should heal up and be 100% ready for the Tour.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

hrotha said:
Electress said:
At the risk of being more fan girl than usual, you've got to admire the tenacity of the guy.
Either that, or bemoan his constant lies and exaggerations. :D

A matter of perspective. We're all biased after all.

He might be lying his ass off, i wouldn't be surprised. I hope you're right.

Miburo said:
hrotha said:
Electress said:
At the risk of being more fan girl than usual, you've got to admire the tenacity of the guy.
Either that, or bemoan his constant lies and exaggerations. :D

A matter of perspective. We're all biased after all.

He might be lying his ass off, i wouldn't be surprised. I hope you're right.

Maybe I'm naive, but why would he? Doesn't seem like he'd have a lot to gain. Column inches? I don't tend to believe in all the conspiracy theories, frankly - about any team. Just seems like a lot of effort to little purpose. Not as though he's some Cipo character, or that he doesn't already get most of the media attention already.

Unless he's just a pathological liar with Munchausen's syndrome or something?

Dog said:
He should withdraw. He's risking his whole season if he crashes again. Just not worth it. He should heal up and be 100% ready for the Tour.

And gamble everything on a race in which he also can crash and risking the season? Of course he should stay and fight.

Why does the ambulance brigade always pointing at a hypothetical scenario looming somewhere in the horizon.

Tico!
Giro d'Italia ‏@giroditalia 4m4 minutes ago
The Maglia Rosa @albertocontador in the bunch.

La Maglia Rosa @albertocontador in gruppo.

#giro
CFCdC8gW0AABEd_.jpg

CFCdB47WYAA6hCN.jpg

Graham Watson @grahamwatson10 · 21m 21 minutes ago
Alberto's been smiling in the peloton - drama's over for now, but massive winds making for a finish at 18,30 or later..
:)

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Tico!
Giro d'Italia ‏@giroditalia 4m4 minutes ago
The Maglia Rosa @albertocontador in the bunch.

La Maglia Rosa @albertocontador in gruppo.

#giro
CFCdC8gW0AABEd_.jpg

CFCdB47WYAA6hCN.jpg

Graham Watson @grahamwatson10 · 21m 21 minutes ago
Alberto's been smiling in the peloton - drama's over for now, but massive winds making for a finish at 18,30 or later..
:)

Doesn't look like a man in pain! Lets hope he is fine for now, but the rain has just started. He said before the stage that rain would be a problem for him

Re:

bridgeman said:
I sustained a rapid (seconds) shoulder dislocation last year. Ended up with nerve damage in the bursa area that has taken forever to heal. I cannot imagine convalescing on the bike the next day, much less climbing on one. The muscular compensation, in no time at all caused my shoulder blade to stick. It took a couple of months of intense physical therapy to correct all the misalignment..

There is the reason for the long convalencense. Yes, the risk is that it happens when your shoulders gets exposed a second and/or third time but they do scan the nerves if everything is in order before stabilising the shoulders. Nothing from the doctors judgement suggested there was any damaged nerves in Albertos case and the talk afterwards didnt point on that either when speaking about how he felt.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Dr's don't think it will pop out again. So then it will be about pain management and also to some extent Bertie
having confidence in the Dr's views.

Bertie climbs most of the time out of his seat and he will need for his shoulder to feel good.
If he cannot manage the pain then in reality he could lose time every uphill stage.

Bertie obviously wants to ride like any rider even with a injury. Froome rode in the tour in the rain with a bad wrist before having to pull out. These things happen and Bertie does not need to play injury mind games with his rivals its utter nonsense. Things can change from one day to the next with any injury and to suggest fakery or lies shows a real lack of understanding of the mind set of these riders.
They are there to race and try to win.

The Hitch said:
LaFlorecita said:
Dog said:
Giro >>>>> Tour
And Giro-Tour >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tour

lol no. I know you are an emotional wreck but, :rolleyes:
oh sod off :D :rolleyes: , I know TDF is the most important race in the world but Alberto likes the Giro way more, just like many fans

TRENDING THREADS