• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1028 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Red Rick said:
http://www.nu.nl/wielrennen/4050413/tinkov-sluit-niet-hij-wielersport-seizoen-verlaat.html

Tinkoff does not rule out that he'll leave the sport next year, saying it's a hobby, and he may not like it as much next year.

About Contador he says: "We've had our good and bad moments, we're no friends but we don't need to be"

Olga is just someone who gets bored easily with his toy. He got buyer remorse after Sagan hasn't given any win for him. He likes a shinny toy and if the shinny toy doesn't give him what he wants, he complaints. I've never heard that kind of nasty comment for other team owner from other teams. Maybe he should learn how to spend money wisely to buy riders. So far Astana, Sky, Movistar have shown their ROI on their riders with less money.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Jspear said:
Sciocco said:
Contador holding up well.

Pink until the end...

Nope...Porte will take it for a short while after the tt.
Nope.... it just won't happen. He will not lose that pink jersey.

I hope so, I hope so. Maybe Brailsford has been the smartest after all. Where's Bjarne when TS needed. Sky might played his card right. TS has been burning their matches early on. We saw yesterday's stage, Contador was isolated.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/racing/giro-ditalia/team-sky-playing-long-game-at-giro-ditalia-says-david-brailsford-171974

May 12, 2015
Visit site

Jelantik said:
LaFlorecita said:
Jspear said:
Sciocco said:
Contador holding up well.

Pink until the end...

Nope...Porte will take it for a short while after the tt.
Nope.... it just won't happen. He will not lose that pink jersey.

I hope so, I hope so. Maybe Brailsford has been the smartest after all. Where's Bjarne when TS needed. Sky might played his card right. TS has been burning their matches early on. We saw yesterday's stage, Contador was isolated.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/racing/giro-ditalia/team-sky-playing-long-game-at-giro-ditalia-says-david-brailsford-171974

If he's putting all of Ritchie's eggs in the third week basket... Wow, knowing what he knows about Little Porte's up-n-downs... it's kinda like hoping Shaq score all of his shots from the foul line.

That's not strategy, it's blind faith.

I had a vision where Porte was crossing the line to win il Giro, la Vuelta and Froome to win le Tour. But then some saxo/Astana guy came and tackled them to the ground and Contador won the treble.

I didn't think Porte had problems closing the gap, it was just what la florecita said, he rode at his own tempo.
He's showing that he gas diesel in his tank, kinda like Froome in la vuelta.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Contador looked smooth today, god damn. Aru is completely harmless with his attacks, can't make any difference. Porte looking more and more tired, struggled closing some gaps today .

This is looking good.

based on what Alberto displayed today- I'd say he's fine & ready to win this Giro. Aru & Porte missed their chances yesterday & today to distance him, so I cannot foresee them gaining time in the next weeks when he'll be better both on his shoulder & form.

I always trust his experience and ability in finding a way to win, never think he has to be at exact form level as his opponnents to win, being a little behind has often been sufficient. And from what I've seen in the last two days with rest day ahead, I think he's got enough in him to win this.

He looked very good and relaxed and i thought i saw the return of smooth pedalling also. Strange tactics provided from both TS (in the end) and even more so from Astana proved to be an excellent opportunity to set up Aru and his henchman Landa. Contador looked untroubled and covered the slight raise of speed to the point in which he rode himself at the front. I wait with a predicition of Porte if he is awaiting the right time or if what we see is what we get.

Now i for once welcomes the more easier stages and the upcoming rest day. Time for a little relaxion and he'll come out fine on the other side.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
That's the conclusion you drew from today's stage? By contrast, the gambling markets are now convinced Contador is as likely to win as before he crashed. Consider making some money.

TRENDING THREADS