• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1109 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Shame said:
Contrador is a fool if he thinks riding a race is going to help him overcome fatigue and tiredness.

Rest, food, water.

I think some athletes never actually study how to train.
Sure, he's won major races. What more does he need? many will say.
But, remember how he got dehydrated? How Nibali got hunger bonk?
Remember Pete Sampras drinking soda when he was severely dehydrated?

Rest, food, water.

It's seen as active recovery. He implied that he won't be pursuing anything other than getting his speed back up, although I'd be curious to see him resist the temptations to test himself when the road goes up. I see him treating the race as simply training and getting back into racing form and the racing mindset.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Captain_Obvious said:
rune1107 said:
Captain_Obvious said:
Question: how does one go about finding a nice Alberto Contador banner? I want to hang a banner out of my window during the grand depart. We live at pretty much the most central part of the city and I want to show our support with a big fat banner.

I already tried contacting the team and the fanclub - no answer.

I could either make one myself, or perhaps you guys know a way to obtain one. Thanks.

http://www.makesigns.com/ :)

yes thanks. I've come across a few of these websites. I would much rather have an authentic one. But I guess having one made through such servies is good enough.

Any suggestions on the design?

I'll fancy something like this
contalogo1.jpg

but yeah changing the background to yellow or red maybe and I'd put Nine stars :cool:

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Ryaguas said:
Captain_Obvious said:
rune1107 said:
Captain_Obvious said:
Question: how does one go about finding a nice Alberto Contador banner? I want to hang a banner out of my window during the grand depart. We live at pretty much the most central part of the city and I want to show our support with a big fat banner.

I could either make one myself, or perhaps you guys know a way to obtain one. Thanks.

yes thanks. I've come across a few of these websites. I would much rather have an authentic one. But I guess having one made through such servies is good enough.

contalogo1.jpg

but yeah changing the background to yellow or red maybe and I'd put Nine stars :cool:
Great idea! :D

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Shame said:
Contrador is a fool if he thinks riding a race is going to help him overcome fatigue and tiredness.

Rest, food, water.

Rest, food, water.

Remind me of your palmares again.

Ryaguas said:
Captain_Obvious said:
rune1107 said:
Captain_Obvious said:

contalogo1.jpg

Ya that would be nice. And I agree with changing the background color. Yellow or Red would stand out WAY more than black.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Shame said:

Rest, food, water.

Rest, food, water.

Rest, food, water? you should head over to the clinic.

Contador = fool , have no idea what he's doing
Nibali = fool, have no idea what he's doing
Sampras = fool, have no idea what he's doing .

:D

Captain_Obvious said:
rune1107 said:
Captain_Obvious said:

There is one on the front page that looks decent:
gettyimages_474927552_670.jpg

Seriously, mate, you cannot and will not beat the Japanese. At anything :D

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Shame said:

Rest, food, water.

Rest, food, water.

So you think one of the best GT riders ever and his team of trainers doesn't know how he needs to prepare for the TDF after riding the Giro? Think about that for a second.

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

richwagmn said:
Miburo said:
please not both basso and jesus.

I can barely take 1, for gods sake not both. Oleg i beg you.

After Basso's horrible performance at the Giro, why in the world would Tinkov bring him to the TDF?

Giro was just Basso's warmup ride to get into shape. He soft pedaled at the later stages to create the illusion of being bent out of shape. Expect Robo Basso at the Tour.

richwagmn said:
Shame said:

Rest, food, water.

Rest, food, water.

So you think one of the best GT riders ever and his team of trainers doesn't know how he needs to prepare for the TDF after riding the Giro? Think about that for a second.
his best GT prep was always a week on the beach ;)
"rest, food, ..." cocktails

On the face of it, considering the 2011 assault on the double wasn't planned, you would think that AC's entourage approached the Giro with the Tour very well in mind, and hence what we saw wasn't an "exceptional" (Nibali's words) AC, but one just passable to win so as to be able to hit real peak at the Tour. Anything less, of course, won't cut it, but you'd be hard pressed to imagine that AC was brought to the Giro firing on all cylinders.

It thus surprised me that Nibali in la Gazzetta dello Sport seemed to pass off the not "exceptional" AC at the Giro, in favor of the Condor (who he seems to fear above all the competition), with Froome a notch below the Colombian.

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Publicus said:
What no one is going to comment on how fat Contador is in that picture? Fatty looks like he at Chris Froome for lunch!

EDIT: in al, seriousness Basso looks like he may have dropped a kilo or two since the Giro

Haha, yeah...just look at Contador's face in this pic! Double chin, chipmunk cheeks...Looks like he has put on 5-10kg's at least since the Giro. I am sure everyone must agree he looks REALLY fat?

Also Tinkoff must please leave Basso and Hernandez on the sidelines as cheerleaders for the Tour.

Patxi Vila:

"These four days of racing will provide a very good assessment of their form, especially for Alberto. The real test will come in the third stage. It's the race's queen stage with three Cat 1 climbs, including the famous Port de Balès and will give a very good indication of Alberto's form. He will, obviously, fight to be in the front and being a very competitive athlete, we don't rule out the possibility that he might try to go for a stage win. However, there will be other, fresher, riders from other teams that will give their best because the GC will most probably be decided there”.

It will be exciting to see how Basso and Rogers are coming out of the Giro. I think we will get many answers on how the team will look for the TDF in this one!

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Netserk said:
Better to have Basso than Paulinho. So 5 riders from the Giro?

Contador
Sagan
Majka
Bennati
Kreuziger
Rogers
Basso
Tosatto
Kiserlovski
Yep, (only not sure about Tosso) and I think it won't work, the fatigue of domestics is just too big :(

TRENDING THREADS