• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1116 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I was watching the stages again "steephill"
I like the way Bertie is slinging his bike around. He Looks Strong.
I'm laying it out there,,,,Bertie's going to drop Quintana today by at least 30sec's if not more.

Go Bertie

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
ray j willings said:
I'm laying it out there,,,,Bertie's going to drop Quintana today by at least 30sec's if not more.

Go Bertie

This could happen today if AC is feeling good and is trying to apply a psychological blow on Nairito, but for me I'd be happy with AC only following wheels and not pushing too much before Le Tour

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
ray j willings said:

Go Bertie

btw climb is coming, VAMOS Berto!!!

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

SeriousSam said:
SeriousSam said:
According to a bookmaker, Contador is the most likely rider to win the stage tomorrow. :eek:
And the market is right, as indeed it is more often than any other entity that predicts outcomes in sports.

What an awesome prediction, Contador winning a mountain stage; waouh!

Re:

indianfanboy said:
It seems Contador is carrying some weight in his upper body...he doesnt look to be in the shape of 2014..is he going for an altitude camp before the Tour?
I've been talking about that upper body weight for ages, he is top heavy, and has been all his life but it's gotten worse since 2011 (the team's core stability training is to blame I guess)

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Exactly what I was hoping for, just in between, not too good, but not dropped either.

That was the perfect training ride today, accelerating in intervals, never going into the red, sitting down to invite Quintana to attack as well but he didn't move. He is not winning the Tour wheelsucking anyway. He will have to expose himself at one point.

And hopefully this race will give him good momentum to reach the level above in form, which means ferocious attack and infernal pace. I'm starting to believe .

Alberto is pregnant :eek: :p
CH8xCLIWwAALq_C.jpg

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Great ride and tactics from Contador.... he's simply the best GT rider in decades, climbing, descending, TT'ing, attacking and to top it all he seems like a nice guy who shows respect to the races and his rivals.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Nice stat, everytime AC has won at least once in France during the season, he won the Tour that year. In 08', he didn't win anything in France, just like the period 11' - 14'. And everytime something happened to him.

Even last year, he didn't get a single win in Dauphiné, no stage, no GC. So it's looking good here, stage win + GC in Route du sud, his first win in France since Alpe d'huez 2010 (Dauphiné) . :)

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I am really curious to see what kind of shape we'll see in the Tour. I have this feeiling that we'll not see a peak Contador in 2015, because it'll make him too fattigued for the 3rd week in the Tour, and he have to keep his form in 2 GT's.

In the Vuelta 2014 he found out that he could win a GT when not in top shape. But Froome wasn't in top shape either.

I really hope that Contador is ahead of Quintana and Froome when they hit the mountains at stage 10. Of course also Nibali, but i'm pretty sure that he'll be the best of the GC guys after ITT, Cobbles, HUY and TTT.

In this form, compared to what the other are showing, I'm not so sure that Contador can drop any of them in the mountains, if he's the one that have to gain time. Not sure that they can drop him either, but Contador is the one that have more too loose.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re:

rm7 said:
In this form, compared to what the other are showing, I'm not so sure that Contador can drop any of them in the mountains, if he's the one that have to gain time. Not sure that they can drop him either, but Contador is the one that have more too loose.

I don't agree with that. First Contador is probably going to be (much?) better at the Tour. Second what did the others show? Nibali is even worse compared to last year at the Dauphiné, Froome struggled to distance TVG, and Quintana can't do anything else other than wheelsucking, of course it's easier since he doesn't expose himself to counter attacks which could've get him dropped if he tried to push .

And on the contrary, Contador is the one who has least to lose here, he won the Giro. The others put all the eggs in one basket, they only have one shot to make their season successful.

However, I agree on the fact that we'll probably not see peak Contador (Tour 09' - Tour 14' shape) this season. He's gonna be up there in the mix but not above them.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
:D Great win. Quintana gave nothing away. Trouble for qman is that he has got to make up time he will lose in the tt. Nibs Is the only one who has not yet shown up. Looks good for Bertie. Froome will have his usual bad day or two. I'm starting to believe that the double is now on for Bertie.

Re:

ray j willings said:
:D Great win. Quintana gave nothing away. Trouble for qman is that he has got to make up time he will lose in the tt. Nibs Is the only one who has not yet shown up. Looks good for Bertie. Froome will have his usual bad day or two. I'm starting to believe that the double is now on for Bertie.

Of course it's doable! All he has to do know is get rid of his huge belly and he will be good. :)

TRENDING THREADS