• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1228 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
JRanton said:
So Froome now has the same number of TdF's as Contador.

Hopefully next year we finally see both go head to head in at least close to their best condition. I know who my money will be on. The lion of the Savannah!

Froome has more days in yellow and more stage wins. But yes hopefully Froome and Contador will both hit the Tour in top form next year.

Surely one, just one year where they both arrive in peak shape at the same GT is not too much to ask for.

SeriousSam said:
JRanton said:

Hopefully next year we finally see both go head to head in at least close to their best condition. I know who my money will be on. The lion of the Savannah!

Froome has more days in yellow and more stage wins. But yes hopefully Froome and Contador will both hit the Tour in top form next year.

Surely one, just one year where they both arrive in peak shape at the same GT is not too much to ask for.
And Contador has 2(3) Giro wins, Froome 0. Contador has 3 Vuelta wins, Froome 0. Contador has 2 Paris-Nice Froome 0. Contador has 1 Tirreno-Adriatico Froome 0. :rolleyes:

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Big Doopie said:
BlurryVII said:
Old&slow said:
Contador should be very happy with this Tour. It is arguably the best performance of his career. Yes, he won two tours but in those he won by barely beating third tier riders in Rasmussen, Leipheimer, Schleck and that 38 year old who had not ridden in 4 years. None of those riders would have stood a chance of finishing in the top 10 in this years tour. Rather, Contador's 2011, 2013 and 2015 Tour is his consistent standard. When he rides against the best riders who are in peak form he is a 2nd to 3rd tier rider. Yes, he can win a Vuelta or Giro against inferior competition or out of shape riders. But he is not nor ever has been a Tour De France contending rider. Rather, he is the most over hyped and over rated rider in the history of cycling. But, Kudo's to him for finishing within 10 minutes and beating his peers in Mollema, Gesink, Barguil, etc.

What the heck did I just read ?

The truth

Um, yeah Rassmussen 07' would absolutely demolish everyone in this Tour, Schleck 09' / 10' as well, numbers, plateau de beille ascent time and other facts prove that.

And why would Contador's 'consistent standard' be the Tour 11' - 13' and 15' ? Like, do you like to see what you wanna see or what's going on ?

Good then, if you like to pick random things then to me, Froome's "consistent standard" is Vuelta 2012, Catalunya 2014 and 2015, how about that? That's the truth.

Froome is always crap in final weeks of a GT and won because Contador rode the Giro. Happy now? :eek:

Tinkoff SaxoVerified account
‏@tinkoff_saxo
Our captain will have raced no less than 46 stages in just 79 days, when he enters Champs-Élysées tomorrow!! #TDF2015

CKxT9gqVAAAuePZ.jpg

https://twitter.com/tinkoff_saxo/status/624966766645641216

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
LaFlorecita said:
Tinkoff SaxoVerified account
‏@tinkoff_saxo
Our captain will have raced no less than 46 stages in just 79 days, when he enters Champs-Élysées tomorrow!! #TDF2015

https://twitter.com/tinkoff_saxo/status/624966766645641216

That's crazy, pretty sure Route du Sud was a terrible idea, call me captain hindsight if you like.

oke captain hindsight :D .. you are right. I was beginning to think so..

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Miburo said:
With Contador it's always the same, the first sign will show how his entire GT will go. The mur in this case.

And of course he won't retire next year :p He loves the competition too much.

Let the people write him off, like they always do. Won the last 2 GT's but he's on the retour apperently. Next year i expect him to go nuclear with the same program as in 2014.

And let's hope he doesn't crash in the tour and then he can show why he's the best rider of this generation.

I'm still not over the fact that he crashed in the tour of 2014, look at that face. Not breathing ;)

fencing1-660x440.jpg
Feel it the same. :(
Look at THAT shape :eek:

Also sorry Taxus I like your post not about AC :D , but this is too much, you will be my no.2 on ignore list.

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
SeriousSam said:
JRanton said:

And Contador has 2(3) Giro wins, Froome 0. Contador has 3 Vuelta wins, Froome 0. Contador has 2 Paris-Nice Froome 0. Contador has 1 Tirreno-Adriatico Froome 0. :rolleyes:

Froome is just about to win the Tour and the KoM. I do not believe Contador has ever accomplished that feat. You know who has? Bartali, Coppi, Merckx.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
warmfuzzies said:
LaFlorecita said:
SeriousSam said:
JRanton said:

Froome is just about to win the Tour and the KoM. I do not believe Contador has ever accomplished that feat. You know who has? Bartali, Coppi, Merckx.

Merckx won the 3 GT's, oh look at that who else did that? :eek:

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
SeriousSam said:
JRanton said:

Problem is, Froome's top top shape only lasts for one or two MTFs then he fades completely in what's supposed to be his season objective.

Contador in top form would eat him out if he fades like that again. Hopefully he gets back to his form from the Tour 14' then the fun part will begin, Quintana and Froome will both be left in the dust.

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Contador can win the Tour next year if he peaks for it. After watching this Tour and the performance of Froome and Quintana, it's clear that it's possible as long as he has he can avoid crashes, comes in with good shape and a team that can back him up. You can't win the Tour without a good team.

warmfuzzies said:
LaFlorecita said:
SeriousSam said:
JRanton said:

Didn't you just return from a ban for trolling? ;)

TRENDING THREADS