• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1291 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Red Rick said:
Pretty sure that stage was over Willunga but didn't finish on it. It was a longer attack than that
You are right, this was the profile:

profile5.gif

Valv.Piti said:
What would Electress and LF give to have a dinner with Contador or even better, share a bed?

How very flattering that you spend time thinking about my social life! Are there many people on this thread that would say no to dinner with Alberto? I can assure you, I wouldn't. I'm sure he'd be a charming companion. But I've never had to give anything save my delightful presence to secure dinner with anyone, and I fear I'm too old to change my ways now, even for AC. Ah well.

BTW - have I missed something. I don't want AC around next year if it means this year has to go badly? Why are there people discussing next years team?

Re:

Electress said:
Valv.Piti said:
What would Electress and LF give to have a dinner with Contador or even better, share a bed?

How very flattering that you spend time thinking about my social life! Are there many people on this thread that would say no to dinner with Alberto? I can assure you, I wouldn't. I'm sure he'd be a charming companion. But I've never had to give anything save my delightful presence to secure dinner with anyone, and I fear I'm too old to change my ways now, even for AC. Ah well.

BTW - have I missed something. I don't want AC around next year if it means this year has to go badly? Why are there people discussing next years team?
Im a flattering kid! I don't think anyone would say no to that, nah. But you evaded the second part of the question!

Re: Re:

phanatic said:
Electress said:
Are there many people on this thread that would say no to dinner with Alberto?
Who doesn't want Espresso and Doughnuts on idyllic mountainsides? Speaking of which, should we bring this discussion to Horner's and Betancur's threads as well?

I would loooove to have a traditional columbian breakfast including some ice cream, chocolate, waffles, a variety of candy and a filthy Othello with Betancur. But at what costs? Would probably give up quite a bit just to see him chuck his fat ass through that and taste that fine breakfast that has had him rolling through Europe twice the size of Magnus Backstedt!

But you evaded the second part of the question!

Of course I did. I'm a lady.

I would loooove to have a traditional columbian breakfast including some ice cream, chocolate, waffles, a variety of candy and a filthy Othello with Betancur. But at what costs? Would probably give up quite a bit just to see him chuck his fat ass through that and taste that fine breakfast that has had him rolling through Europe twice the size of Magnus Backstedt!

I suspect at the cost of cardiovascular disease by the sounds of it :D

Just spent an idle hour on You Tube. So looking forward to this season. Cycling is such an epic sport.

Electress said:
But you evaded the second part of the question!

Of course I did. I'm a lady.

I suspect at the cost of cardiovascular disease by the sounds of it :D

Just spent an idle hour on You Tube. So looking forward to this season. Cycling is such an epic sport.

Haha, on point on both quotes. Holy.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
hfer07 said:
I just watched a videoclip of Alberto for Il Giro d'Italy press presenting the Maglia Rosa and noticed he's very THIN :eek: :eek:

Yeah he looks ridiculously thin, holy ***. I was wondering if that clip was recorded after the Giro but it's not. lol

He has never looked this skinny in January. Don't know if that a good thing or not but you can feel he is as motivated as ever.

BlurryVII said:
hfer07 said:
I just watched a videoclip of Alberto for Il Giro d'Italy press presenting the Maglia Rosa and noticed he's very THIN :eek: :eek:

Yeah he looks ridiculously thin, holy ****. I was wondering if that clip was recorded after the Giro but it's not. lol

He has never looked this skinny in January. Don't know if that a good thing or not but you can feel he is as motivated as ever.
It can be his last season and he didn't win his nemesis - Tour de France in 6/7 (depends on view) years. He knows he must be perfect with his prep.

TRENDING THREADS