• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1292 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Kwibus said:
LaFlorecita said:
Pantani style :)
CZ0afycWwAAxeze.jpg

Same road I first spotted the Contador and his mates coming downhill. luckily He went up the same road again.
You are in Tenerife right now? Did you see who were with him, I think Trofimov is there too? And did you say hi? :p or where they too quick

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

portugal11 said:
he's very thin!!! i expect a solo victory in foia with more one minute for second place

well, well, he does look good. Been seeing his twitter pics. He has been posting his training pics. our guy is working haaardd!!! Can't wait until Algarve! uh.. still 3 weeks away..

LaFlorecita said:
Kwibus said:
LaFlorecita said:
Pantani style :)
CZ0afycWwAAxeze.jpg

Same road I first spotted the Contador and his mates coming downhill. luckily He went up the same road again.
You are in Tenerife right now? Did you see who were with him, I think Trofimov is there too? And did you say hi? :p or where they too quick

No. I wish I was there right now. ;)
Last year in May I was there and so was Alberto and his mates. Unfortunately didn't say hi, but then again I'm not the person to bother "famous" people. They are just humans as well, allthough I must say I would love to drink a coffee with Alberto ;)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
We'll know if he wins the tour in 2 weeks, if he's bad in algarve meaning not winning

Of course we'll stay hopeful until paris-nice where he'll face Froome. If he wins there, it's a certainty he'll win the tour.

If he lose, we'll find another excuse and another and another.

Just like every year :p

Seriously though first race of alberto has always been indicitave whether he'll actually be good, bad, great.

Re:

Miburo said:
We'll know if he wins the tour in 2 weeks, if he's bad in algarve meaning not winning

Of course we'll stay hopeful until paris-nice where he'll face Froome. If he wins there, it's a certainty he'll win the tour.

If he lose, we'll find another excuse and another and another.

Just like every year :p

Seriously though first race of alberto has always been indicitave whether he'll actually be good, bad, great.

Perhaps. Last year he was fine in his first race but I wouldn't say he was in 2014 form later in the season.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
In 2014 he did not win his first race yet he was amazing that season. In 2015 he finished 2nd in his first race just like in 2014 but he wasn't amazing. By the way Froome won't ride Paris-Nice.

He won the mountain stage in algarve that year though against a beast kwiat. And it was barely a mountain stage

In 2015 he was very good in the first mountain race but then the next one he got crushed by froome. The races after that he was eh.

Re: Re:

Miburo said:
LaFlorecita said:
In 2014 he did not win his first race yet he was amazing that season. In 2015 he finished 2nd in his first race just like in 2014 but he wasn't amazing. By the way Froome won't ride Paris-Nice.

He won the mountain stage in algarve that year though against a beast kwiat. And it was barely a mountain stage

In 2015 he was very good in the first mountain race but then the next one he got crushed by froome. The races after that he was eh.

Speaks volumes about a guys class when he can win the Giro against the entire team Astana while being 'eh'.

Arredondo said:
LaFlorecita said:
Alberto just posted this photo on Twitter, he looks super skinny :eek: I think the dog is heavier than him, I've never seen him like this :eek:
I can't post the picture because it is over 1000 pixels high and I can't resize it because I'm on the train with garbage internet but here is the link
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaYvL1dWcAQd9qT.jpg

We all know what that means :)
It means he'll kick ass.

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
Arredondo said:
LaFlorecita said:
Alberto just posted this photo on Twitter, he looks super skinny :eek: I think the dog is heavier than him, I've never seen him like this :eek:
I can't post the picture because it is over 1000 pixels high and I can't resize it because I'm on the train with garbage internet but here is the link

We all know what that means :)
It means he'll kick ass.

This !

Re:

LaFlorecita said:

Nah. He's still a fatty. :p

In all seriousness, my only concern with him being so thin, so early is whether he will be prone to illness. Oh and overtraining....

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:

Is that 2014 Tour Contador or what ? :D

He is on fire even before the season begins.

Publicus said:
LaFlorecita said:

Nah. He's still a fatty. :p

In all seriousness, my only concern with him being so thin, so early is whether he will be prone to illness. Oh and overtraining....
Yeah, but I am sure Alberto and the team know what he's doing. They can't afford to get it wrong. But yes we need to hope he doesn't get ill.

TRENDING THREADS