• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1401 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Trek would be the better option with the added personal entertainment value of Frank Schleck riding for Contador at the Tour although I think he may wish to retire first. How long is Frank's contract with Trek? With my luck it ends this year and he'll make a quickened bail to another team or the fishing hole with Andy. :p

Re: Re:

Jakub said:
JackRabbitSlims said:
Alberto riding a Merida.....in that god awful kit..... :eek:

I find it ugly too. And Merida bike...please not. I still think Trek, Etixx or even Cannondale would be better.

But Lampre is also good, because of LaFlo :p

Do Lampre have the $$ for Contador??
He'll take 3-4 of his riders and support crew as well......Specialized will be bending over backwards to keep him on their bikes.

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

JackRabbitSlims said:
Jakub said:
JackRabbitSlims said:
Alberto riding a Merida.....in that god awful kit..... :eek:

I find it ugly too. And Merida bike...please not. I still think Trek, Etixx or even Cannondale would be better.

But Lampre is also good, because of LaFlo :p

Do Lampre have the $$ for Contador??
He'll take 3-4 of his riders and support crew as well......Specialized will be bending over backwards to keep him on their bikes.
Stop about the Lampre thing it will obvious never happen, Saronni only said he had contacted Contador and that he wants him and also added who wouldn’t be interested in such a rider? and thats it just cause Saronni wants him doesnt equal he will end up there you know :rolleyes:

Angliru said:
Trek would be the better option with the added personal entertainment value of Frank Schleck riding for Contador at the Tour although I think he may wish to retire first. How long is Frank's contract with Trek? With my luck it ends this year and he'll make a quickened bail to another team or the fishing hole with Andy. :p

Now that would be pretty funny

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
When your leader is mollema you know you got a problem.
Winning the tour then Trump becoming president and to top it off contador riding 2 more years for his own team. Would be a good year

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Red Rick said:
One small step for cycling, one giant fall for mankind

Cruz is way worse and Clinton is as corrupted as Verbruggen and pat combined. Don't believe the rhetoric of the left.

But on topic Contador prolonging his career will make cycling great again

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Before all that though he needs to destroy quintana in the tour, god i dislike that rider not because he wins against Contador hell i like froome and he destroyed contador way more than him. He only won twice vs him in a real duel but man the way he rides...

I hope for the future of cycling that Aru gets a big power-up.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Miburo said:
Before all that though he needs to destroy quintana in the tour, god i dislike that rider not because he wins against Contador hell i like froome and he destroyed contador way more than him. He only won twice vs him in a real duel but man the way he rides...

Froome has never destroyed a fit and healthy Bertie. In fact when they have been about equal form 2014 it was bertie who destroyed Froome . Get your facts right Jack

Re:

Miburo said:

I do sometimes feel that way with Quintana but he does attack a lot. I think it's a very Andy shleck feeling, those two could be epic if they attached but they withhold

TRENDING THREADS