• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1506 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure he'll be ok by friday. Wednesday will be hard but if he recovers completely, it'll be amazing.

And you never know what's gonna happen in the tour. Today that corner at the end might make Contador the big favorite again.

You don't hope for it, but anything can happen. Wednesday is D-day though and sunday is V-day :p

Noticed that as well, but also noticed that each time I watch Contador finish a flat I seek to find him in the front group and he somehow always fails to be present there.
And most of the times, there is noone to guide him in the last 1-2 km, he's mostly by himself.
That's anxious.

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I know this is the Contador thread and may seem slightly inappropriate but what the hell, I'm wanting to bet money on him to win the overall I think he still might, and as a result of the crashes his odds have trebled. Question is do I bet now or after Friday's stage where arguably the odds will lengthen some more? If anyone is capable of coming back from adversity then it's him. Let's be fair other than '13 we've only seen him against Froome in Vuelta, and he's bettered all the GC boys many times. I believe still, this Tour is his main goal and he looked well this season.

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Campervan man said:
I know this is the Contador thread and may seem slightly inappropriate but what the hell, I'm wanting to bet money on him to win the overall I think he still might, and as a result of the crashes his odds have trebled. Question is do I bet now or after Friday's stage where arguably the odds will lengthen some more? If anyone is capable of coming back from adversity then it's him. Let's be fair other than '13 we've only seen him against Froome in Vuelta, and he's bettered all the GC boys many times. I believe still, this Tour is his main goal and he looked well this season.

A little now and a little later? I don't bet on anything but surely you can do something like that right?

Re:

Billopoulos said:
Noticed that as well, but also noticed that each time I watch Contador finish a flat I seek to find him in the front group and he somehow always fails to be present there.
And most of the times, there is noone to guide him in the last 1-2 km, he's mostly by himself.
That's anxious.
Yeah, I also always look for him, his positioning skills are quite bad. Today, there were at least 3 or 4 teammates in the first part of the peloton. As they were approaching the line, I saw one of them look back (possibly because he noticed Froome and Quintana were near the front), I just wish they'd do that earlier. I expected Tosatto to guide Alberto during these stages but it seems like it's only Kiserlovski with him at all times.

Sciocco said:
Campervan man said:

A little now and a little later? I don't bet on anything but surely you can do something like that right?
Yeah. 50% now and 50% later. If things look really desperate on Friday you could even choose to keep that 2nd 50% ;)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Let's be real, if he drops wednesday, it's time to give up unless there's some certainty he can be at his best in the last week. Personally i value 2 stage wins in the tour higher than another vuelta win, especially if he can beat quintana and froome mano a mano.

But who am i kidding? He ain't gonna drop wednesday :p

Re:

Miburo said:
Let's be real, if he drops wednesday, it's time to give up unless there's some certainty he can be at his best in the last week. Personally i value 2 stage wins in the tour higher than another vuelta win, especially if he can beat quintana and froome mano a mano.

But who am i kidding? He ain't gonna drop wednesday :p

Typical July fan :rolleyes:

:p

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I know you're joking but i really do think so. I know fleur will hate me for it, but Contador smashing quintana and froome, even if it's just a stage, i really wanna see that :p

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Sciocco said:
Campervan man said:

Yeah. 50% now and 50% later. If things look really desperate on Friday you could even choose to keep that 2nd 50% ;)

Seems sensible enough, I think he might be a lot more recovered but Froome is likely to want to put him to the sword, anything better than a 30+ second loss will convince me that there is still real chances of a Alpine recovery. Is Friday's stage shown from the start?

TRENDING THREADS