• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1547 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It seems like 4 weeks of rest are recommended. The first 2 weeks to be completely off the bike. If this is true then it's highly unlikely he can turn up at the Vuelta in race winning condition.

Re: Re:

Pantani Attacks said:
King Boonen said:
Pantani Attacks said:
King Boonen said:
Pantani Attacks said:
Contador has 3 Tour wins. He's as great as LeMond in that regard.

So I guess Anquetil has zero instead of five Tours as well?

Na, didn't think so...

This is the Contador thread, you can discuss Anquetil elsewhere. Contador has 2 Tour De France wins.

Typical cop out, I expected nothing less from a guy that hasn't a leg to stand on.

But as you wish, on Contador and his 2010 Tour win, here's Andy Schleck's view on it

If now I am declared winner of the 2010 Tour de France it will not make me happy. I battled with Contador in that race and I lost. My goal is to win the Tour de France in a sporting way, being the best of all competitors, not in court. If I succeed this year I will consider it my first Tour de France victory

The guy who supposedly holds that Tour win doesn't even call himself the winner.

In the same way Ullrich never accepted the wins he was apparently permitted to after Lance was stripped.

But why don't you just tell me that this a Contador thread and not a Lance/Ullrich/Schleck thread like a cop out :lol:

At least you now accept that he has 2 Tour wins, that's good, we can leave it at that. Literally everything else you have posted is a discussion for the clinic.

I've mentioned nothing clinic worthy...one cannot talk about the winners and the second placed riders of those Tours any more now? Since when? There's no doping talk present in my posts, simply reference to the winners of those Tours and the guys who finished second. Aware me on the doping talk plzzzzzzzzz

Apart from that I see a few cop outs, but that's to be expected in this forum eh? ;)

In a press conference in Madrid on Tuesday after a series of medical check-ups, the Spaniard said that he still might be able to recover in time to contest the Vuelta a Espana that begins on August 20.

Contador appeared with Dr. Leyes, of the Cemtro Clinic in Madrid. MRI scans and examinations showed that the Tinkoff rider had suffered “multiple contusions, a hamstring injury grade two on the vastus intermedius muscle in his left thigh, an additional hamstring injury on the same leg, and bruises on the left shoulder and the deltoid right thigh.

"The fact that the much affected quadriceps and calf of the left leg greatly affect the pedaling.”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-ruled-out-of-olympic-games-after-tour-de-france-crash/

perico said:
In a press conference in Madrid on Tuesday after a series of medical check-ups, the Spaniard said that he still might be able to recover in time to contest the Vuelta a Espana that begins on August 20.

Contador appeared with Dr. Leyes, of the Cemtro Clinic in Madrid. MRI scans and examinations showed that the Tinkoff rider had suffered “multiple contusions, a hamstring injury grade two on the vastus intermedius muscle in his left thigh, an additional hamstring injury on the same leg, and bruises on the left shoulder and the deltoid right thigh.

"The fact that the much affected quadriceps and calf of the left leg greatly affect the pedaling.”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-ruled-out-of-olympic-games-after-tour-de-france-crash/

So no broken leg then?

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Carols said:
Pantani Attacks said:
LOL I wonder will the same idiots calling him a quitter a few days ago still plague this forum with their drivel upon hearing the doctor confirming two leg breaks. Some people aren't worth the chair they sit on.

Spoken for Truth.

Guy guts it out for days with 2 leg fractures, what a Hero!
This is little bit too much. Isn't it against the forum rules?
Think about your own drivel, guys.

P.S. there are people who rode whole Tour with broken something, but it's hard to compare injuries - pain etc. At the end he didn't quit because of fracture, but because of fever, at least he told us that.

perico said:

So it was bad translation: "The tests, said Dr. Manuel laws mean that has multiple bruises and two fibrillar breaks, affecting the quadriceps and the calf of his leg."

EDIT: evidently 'fibrillar breaks' is torn fiber not a broken leg (bones).

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
One thing is for sure...

Looking for the pages of threads of Contador vs other riders i would say he has 20 or 30 GT WINS.

That means much about how much he is THE RIDER of his generation... You just talk about the bests...

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Angliru said:
To test himself at the point in the stage that he did opened up the end of the stage for Kreuziger, Majka and Sagan to ride their races once he ultimately did pull out of the race. Waiting till the end would have compromised the future prospects of their three remaining principle riders
What? How he opened end of stage for others?

Kokoso said:
Carols said:
Pantani Attacks said:
LOL I wonder will the same idiots calling him a quitter a few days ago still plague this forum with their drivel upon hearing the doctor confirming two leg breaks. Some people aren't worth the chair they sit on.

Spoken for Truth.

P.S. there are people who rode whole Tour with broken something, but it's hard to compare injuries - pain etc. At the end he didn't quit because of fracture, but because of fever, at least he told us that.

No usernames were mentioned nor posts linked. If certain individuals want to take offence to it then I guess that's their booboo and proves they were the idiotic ones. Shouldn't be calling someone a quitter and then throw the toys out of the pram a few days later when it's remarked that those individuals were butthurt hating.

It is a pity he is not at the Olimpics.

He could be at the Olimpic, in fact he was riding le Tour and close to the best, so he could be at a good level, but I admit maybe ot the best level, becouse he need to rest to heal his no importat injuries. But there is no doubt he will be at La Vuelta with the best preparation and more fresh than the rest of the contenders. That is good for la Vuelta becouse it wast in its plans.

Pantani Attacks said:
Kokoso said:
Carols said:
Pantani Attacks said:

Spoken for Truth.

No usernames were mentioned nor posts linked. If certain individuals want to take offence to it then I guess that's their booboo and proves they were the idiotic ones. Shouldn't be calling someone a quitter and then throw the toys out of the pram a few days later when it's remarked that those individuals were butthurt hating.

This, no names were mentioned, many offenders. If they at least recognize their behavior some progress may be made.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Pantani Attacks said:
Source? All the websites I've read say it's two torn muscles, not two broken bones.

CheckMyPecs said:
Pantani Attacks said:
Source? All the websites I've read say it's two torn muscles, not two broken bones.

Yes it is torn, people were 'translating' incorrectly the first article that came out.

CheckMyPecs said:
Pantani Attacks said:

Lo siento hombre, no hablos espanol bueno :lol:

Kokoso said:
Angliru said:
To test himself at the point in the stage that he did opened up the end of the stage for Kreuziger, Majka and Sagan to ride their races once he ultimately did pull out of the race. Waiting till the end would have compromised the future prospects of their three remaining principle riders
What? How he opened end of stage for others?

If he waited till the end of the stage to drop out, it would have left the team (or part of the team) working for him, supporting him. Dropping out when he did allowed the 3 riders I mentioned to ride the rest of the stage without having to compromise their own interests for Contador.

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
The man had a broken calf and several wounds on his thigh and still decided to ride. No wonder he had fever that last day, his body was so demolished it couldnt handle all that effort. This makes me so proud of supporting him. He is a real fighter, never gives up until the end.

People who critiziced him for faking "illness" should feel ashamed of themselves, I doubt they could even walk with those injuries and the man withstanded 3 mountain stages and finished above people like Pinot. Does anyone HONESTLY think his rivals had a single chance against a man who is capable of making it to the top 20-30 with his legs broken???

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Pantani Attacks said:
No usernames were mentioned nor posts linked. If certain individuals want to take offence to it then I guess that's their booboo and proves they were the idiotic ones.
I suppose you call this logic, but it is not, you know. Yeah and when you are reacting directly to me, you can write you and don't hide behind "certain individuals".

You don't need to mention specific nicknames to make someone (anyone) call you out for calling someone idiot, really. That people here just don't do, I think it's against the rules; but basically you don't need rules to know that this just is not right.

P.S. no fracture, huh?

TRENDING THREADS