• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1551 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Contador upon seeing Froome run as well as realising he dodged potential death via motorbike considering his TDF luck of late and what might have been:
Alberto-Contador-unable-to-beat-Joaquim-Rodriguez-in-Vuelta-Mountains-and-looks-toward-the-Rain-Gods-184930.jpg

:lol:

Re: Re:

Kokoso said:
Jakub said:
Mate, please stop this speculation.
Man, both you and me really know nothing; I'm speculating, you are speculating.

Edit: I have to agree with this: "Czech fans...have a feeling that the world is treating czech sportsmen bad. "
I can't agree with the always word, that's just unjustified generalization of course.

And I'm not sure whether fans of all world arent's the same, you know :rolleyes: As far as this forum goes, they are. I don't know what do you base your opinion on Czech fans on, what nations you are comparing etc.

I wouldn't start another discussion about Czech Republic :D it is normal that people are not objective when talking about fellowcountrysportsmen, but this type of complaning which I described I only know from CR and SR. I never heard it in Germany, Netherlands or Poland and never read it for example here. Romankreuziger.com czech forum is full of it.

Yes, sure, I am also speculating, but I just wanted to say that I truly believe that this Alberto vs. Roman leadership fight is not real.

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
He would've had better chances than many thought ahead of this Tour

Definitely more than Quintana, who isn't even close to less dominant Froome. Not only coward, but now weak and defenceless as well - lucky he had Valverde this time to carry him home just like on Perysourde.

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Contador would have zero problem distancing Froome when Bauke MOLLEMA is able to follow it goes beyond saying, it would be like the vuelta 14 all over again, every knowledged neutraul cycle fan knows this, but thats how cycling is sometimes your unlucky and crashes sometimes not.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re:

geargbest said:
Contador would have zero problem distancing Froome when Bauke MOLLEMA is able to follow it goes beyond saying, it would be like the vuelta 14 all over again, every knowledged neutraul cycle fan knows this, but thats how cycling is sometimes your unlucky and crashes sometimes not.

You just don't know this. 2014 is not 2016.

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Its always very pleseant to read those knowledgeable posts in this thread. Thanks guys.

Come on, I'm obviously trying to get a reaction from you but just look at that guy. Winning a tour with no attitude is tough, but with no attitude and no legs it's gotta be mission impossible.

Arredondo said:
geargbest said:

You just don't know this. 2014 is not 2016.

It's Bauke bloody Mollema...nuff said.

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re:

geargbest said:

Thanks for your opinion, which surely every knowledged neautral fan must agree with! And he would have taken a lot of time out of Froome in yesterday's crosswinds too - don't forget about that. And he would have taken time out of Froome on all the descents. All done with zero problem!

LeSensei said:
Valv.Piti said:
Its always very pleseant to read those knowledgeable posts in this thread. Thanks guys.

Come on, I'm obviously trying to get a reaction from you but just look at that guy. Winning a tour with no attitude is tough, but with no attitude and no legs it's gotta be mission impossible.

So you are admitting to trying to bait me, interesting

Back to my initial point; Contador would've had bigger chances than many would've thought ahead of the Tour. You don't need to verbally abuse Quintana everytime you have the possibility or trying to start a bonfire just for the sake of it. Quintana's legs didn't respond well after a few flat and windy days and Froome hasn''t looked dominant, yet. That all might chance, tho.

Re:

geargbest said:

Flawed argument. Try again next time.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
We gotta admit that it looks like this tour was really good for Contador.

Parcours suits him, froome not dominant, quintana not great.

Watching the stage today, gave me a bitter feeling but that's cycling. It really sucks, i just can't imagine Contador getting dropped by this Froome

Re:

Miburo said:
We gotta admit that it looks like this tour was really good for Contador.

Parcours suits him, froome not dominant, quintana not great.

Watching the stage today, gave me a bitter feeling but that's cycling. It really sucks, i just can't imagine Contador getting dropped by this Froome

Brace yourselves for 2017.

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site

Valv.Piti said:
LeSensei said:
Valv.Piti said:

So you are admitting to trying to bait me, interesting

Back to my initial point; Contador would've had bigger chances than many would've thought ahead of the Tour. You don't need to verbally abuse Quintana everytime you have the possibility or trying to start a bonfire just for the sake of it. Quintana's legs didn't respond well after a few flat and windy days and Froome hasn''t looked dominant, yet. That all might chance, tho.

I swear I try my best to enjoy watching Quintana ride. I just can't. Froome is so ugly on the bike yet he's won me with his bravery and ambition, just like Alberto did back on the day.

The day Quintana does something memorable I'll be damned if not the first to raise my glass.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Oh well i'll just get drunk and stay that until the vuelta starts.

But even when he crushes the vuelta, this feeling won't disappear. I still think of that tour of 2014

Cycling, well life is brutal

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Miburo said:
Oh well i'll just get drunk and stay that until the vuelta starts.

But even when he crushes the vuelta, this feeling won't disappear. I still think of that tour of 2014

Cycling, well life is brutal

It sucks man. Seeing how everyone is so equal in strength, as in no one being near dominant makes this feeling even worse. I hope we get to see him dance again at this year's Vuelta and next year's Tour.

In light of the injury news and assuming he planned to take part in the Olympic Road Race then I completely withdraw my suggestion that Contador has disrespected the race by pulling out (as I felt in response to the talk of him backing out due to a fever despite him going on the attack on the stage). I wouldn't wish an injury on any rider and hope his recovery is quick and complete.

Re:

Fergoose said:
In light of the injury news and assuming he planned to take part in the Olympic Road Race then I completely withdraw my suggestion that Contador has disrespected the race by pulling out (as I felt in response to the talk of him backing out due to a fever despite him going on the attack on the stage). I wouldn't wish an injury on any rider and hope his recovery is quick and complete.

Well I doubt your remark was phrased as a 'suggestion', but certainly appreciate this post :)

Events, interpretations, wishes, extrapolations. Obviously, in the dream world in which we unfortunately don't live in our favourite rider always wins if only he'd stayed on his bike, hit peak shape, or yadayadayada. We won't know what would've happened, I just know that I assumed both Froome and Quintana would have been stronger compared to the rest of the field. Maybe that rest of the field is stronger. Maybe Froome couldn't bother to drop Porte and Mollema.

Only assumption I'd make is that Contador would be 'up there'. Wherever that is.

Re:

Red Rick said:
Events, interpretations, wishes, extrapolations. Obviously, in the dream world in which we unfortunately don't live in our favourite rider always wins if only he'd stayed on his bike, hit peak shape, or yadayadayada. We won't know what would've happened, I just know that I assumed both Froome and Quintana would have been stronger compared to the rest of the field. Maybe that rest of the field is stronger. Maybe Froome couldn't bother to drop Porte and Mollema.

Only assumption I'd make is that Contador would be 'up there'. Wherever that is.

No need for froome to attack porte and mollema with no stage win available and the TT tomorrow

PremierAndrew said:
Red Rick said:

No need for froome to attack porte and mollema with no stage win available and the TT tomorrow
If he could've taken a lot more time then he was doing, sure there was.

TRENDING THREADS