• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1717 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
He seems to look ill, or just not where he wants to be form-wise. That little dig he took on the group is the sort of thing that feels somewhat last resort, though on the other hand I suppose it could have been a leg stretcher or educational dig to check out how others react. You never know with him.

Anyways, I've said from the start of the season that the marker always would be Couilloile and I still maintain that. Thats the big test, not a murito - it needs to be at least 2 km to get a real indication IMO, altho I agree it wasn't spectacular by no means today.

of course. bertie's clearly tuned himself to Couilloile today. straight from the beginning of the final hill it was obvious he wasn't going to compete against henao or allaphilippe in short explosive effort. tomorrow will be a real test, today's stage was just a little prep.

What about this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKYgllArzeA

The final climb that day:
gaintza21.gif

TRENDING THREADS