• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1776 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Netserk said:
He placed in the top-2 in the two last ITTs he has ridden in Dauphiné. Before that was the crappy '13 ride, which shouldn't be used as comparison. He was 6th in his 'horrible' 2010 ITT...
giphy.gif

Well, he said that this TT is not a 100% indicator and that he will deffinitely be better in the Tour TTs. So I am satisfied with the result. Valverde beating Conador in every time trial this year is annoying though... On the other hand a certain mr. Froome said that the result in this TT is very important for the Tour...

Alberto Contador commented his race on France Télévision: "The truth is that I'm happy with my ride. I still miss to feel completely well on this bike. It was a test today. I can be a bit better. Considering my level of preparation, my feelings are good. For sure Chris Froome and Richie Porte will fight for the victory at the Dauphiné. Porte has done the Tour de Romandie at the top and Froome has come here for winning too."

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Valv.Piti said:
LaFlorecita said:
It would be funny (ok maybe not) if Berto beat Froome at the Tour but got beaten by Titchy Ritchie and Piti :)
Contador does reasonable well and you resort to these posts, god you are annoying. :lol:
What is your problem? :confused:
My problem is you are disliking or even hating anyone who possess a threat to Contador, thats such an unlikeable trait. Froome, Porte, Valv and Landa in particular

Valv.Piti said:
LaFlorecita said:
Valv.Piti said:
LaFlorecita said:
It would be funny (ok maybe not) if Berto beat Froome at the Tour but got beaten by Titchy Ritchie and Piti :)
Contador does reasonable well and you resort to these posts, god you are annoying. :lol:
What is your problem? :confused:
My problem is you are disliking or even hating anyone who possess a threat to Contador, thats such an unlikeable trait. Froome, Porte, Valv and Landa in particular
How on earth was my post "disliking or even hating anyone who possess [sic] a threat to Contador"

I would be pleased today. Contador can beat Porte in July, and has a pretty sterling record in GTs matched up against Valverde, who like Porte, is accustomed to at least one disaster over a 3 week period during the TdF. Froome is the standard now, and it looks as though he is in sh-t shape at the moment.

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Porte -35s (-1.5s/km)
Tony Martin -23s (-1s/km)
Valverde -11s (-0.5s/km)
Contador --
Froome +2s (+0.01s/km)

TDF ITT's
Stage 1 (14km)
Porte -21s
Martin -14s
Valverde -7s
Contador --
Froome +1s

Stage 20 (22.5km)
Porte -34s
Martin -23s
Valverde -11s
Contador --
Froome +2s

NB: this proves or predicts absolutely nothing

This tt was on a rolling course, while the first tt in the tour will be pan flat and the second will have one little climb next to being pan flat. Mind you, this tt had about 250m elevation gain.

rghysens said:
LaFlorecita said:
Porte -35s (-1.5s/km)
Tony Martin -23s (-1s/km)
Valverde -11s (-0.5s/km)
Contador --
Froome +2s (+0.01s/km)

TDF ITT's
Stage 1 (14km)
Porte -21s
Martin -14s
Valverde -7s
Contador --
Froome +1s

Stage 20 (22.5km)
Porte -34s
Martin -23s
Valverde -11s
Contador --
Froome +2s

NB: this proves or predicts absolutely nothing

This tt was on a rolling course, while the first tt in the tour will be pan flat and the second will have one little climb next to being pan flat. Mind you, this tt had about 250m elevation gain.
So let's say those TT's even out, 1st a little flatter, 2nd a little climbier ;)
(or my calculations prove and predict nothing, as I wrote :D )

Re:

perico said:
I would be pleased today. Contador can beat Porte in July, and has a pretty sterling record in GTs matched up against Valverde, who like Porte, is accustomed to at least one disaster over a 3 week period during the TdF. Froome is the standard now, and it looks as though he is in sh-t shape at the moment.
I agree this was a good performance but I wouldn't be so quick to write off Porte and Valverde. However, today wasn't a disaster like in 2013, so we can have some confidence at least :)

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
You don't realize that its blatantly obvious on a daily basis that you basically dislike anyone who threatens Contador, calling them silly names etc etc?

Its just annoying, thats all.

Well in my case I think that hating Valverde is quite easy but you do seem paranoid.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Alberto Contador commented his race on France Télévision: "The truth is that I'm happy with my ride. I still miss to feel completely well on this bike. It was a test today. I can be a bit better. Considering my level of preparation, my feelings are good. For sure Chris Froome and Richie Porte will fight for the victory at the Dauphiné. Porte has done the Tour de Romandie at the top and Froome has come here for winning too."
What about valverde? :D

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
You don't realize that its blatantly obvious on a daily basis that you basically dislike anyone who threatens Contador, calling them silly names etc etc?

You mean silly names like calling Dumoulin Big Tam, Porte Little Richie or Titchy Ritchie, Pinot Tibopino?
I assume Piti doesn't count as a silly name for you because it's part of your username....

Why don't you just ignore me if I bother you so much?

portugal11 said:
LaFlorecita said:
What about valverde? :D
mind you he made these comments right after finish, so didn't know any of their times

Gigs_98 said:
Valv.Piti said:

Couldn't agree more. I also automatically dislike people who use valverdes nickname piti :D ;)
You can argue thats not a silly name as thats actually a (real) nick :lol:

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Porte did a great ride. Contador was OK. I do hope that what he is saying about getting training mileage will be true. Since I remembered 2013 he said the same thing, just to be humiliated by Froome. Valverde beat Contador in ITT, that's interesting. It must be annoying. But clearly, with so many racing in the early season, Valverde still has a better form than Contador. I'll be dammed. So if this way of delaying and arriving fresh at the Tour fresh are the new approach by Contador, ok, then I won't expect that much of him at this Dauphine. Valverde vs Froome vs Porte will most likely the winner. And Contador will either stay with them for a bit then got dropped like a rock. (well I do hope that it's not that bad to the point is excruciating to watch)

LaFlorecita said:
perico said:
I agree this was a good performance but I wouldn't be so quick to write off Porte and Valverde. However, today wasn't a disaster like in 2013, so we can have some confidence at least :)

Porte will crack big time, either in crosswinds (even with GVA as a teammate), or have a TJ in 2015 type of day on in the mtns. There is a history of guys like Porte who suddenly come into the Tour as a hot favorite against the norm only to crash and burn spectacularly.

Valverde is all class on the bike, and I love watching him, but he's never been able to put it all together in July, even in years when he was considered an outright favorite like 2008. Plus until otherwise noted, he's still Nairo's water boy.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

perico said:
LaFlorecita said:
perico said:

Porte will crack big time, either in crosswinds (even with GVA as a teammate), or have a TJ in 2015 type of day on in the mtns. There is a history of guys like Porte who suddenly come into the Tour as a hot favorite against the norm only to crash and burn spectacularly.

Valverde is all class on the bike, and I love watching him, but he's never been able to put it all together in July, even in years when he was considered an outright favorite like 2008. Plus until otherwise noted, he's still Nairo's water boy.
This... portuguese people are wise :D

TRENDING THREADS