• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1780 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
TheYouyou7 said:
Valv.Piti said:
TheYouyou7 said:
Vino attacks everyone said:
How does he put in the same tt time as Froome and then get demolished the day after? Seems weird to me?

I think that he thought that it was too hard to follow Froome and decided to follow AV, I'm not sure that he was at his limit in the climb. He reminds me of Dauphiné 09
Lol...

It's my opinion you foolish fanboy... Maybe you were in his body and have more information than i do...?
Haha, ok. He dropped despite he could follow Porte and Froome, makes sense bro.

If you bothered reading what he said you'd probably know that it does make sense.

TheYouyou7 said:
buchanan said:
He looked like he was pedaling squares up that hil, in all sorts of discomfort. But perhaps he really is just at the Dauphine to get quality racing mileage. But like others have said, Froome and Porte can also be expected to improve between now and the Tour.

He's also at a disadvantage on descents. Not as good a descender as Froome, Valverde, etc. He was gapped about 15 seconds to Valverde and Bardet on the finishing descent today.

Froome and Porte won't improve they always come at 99% in DL

He let go on the descent, he didnt want to take any chances

Froome has weight to lose and he is nowhere near this 99%

May 20, 2015
Visit site

rick james said:
TheYouyou7 said:
buchanan said:
He looked like he was pedaling squares up that hil, in all sorts of discomfort. But perhaps he really is just at the Dauphine to get quality racing mileage. But like others have said, Froome and Porte can also be expected to improve between now and the Tour.

He's also at a disadvantage on descents. Not as good a descender as Froome, Valverde, etc. He was gapped about 15 seconds to Valverde and Bardet on the finishing descent today.

Froome and Porte won't improve they always come at 99% in DL

He let go on the descent, he didnt want to take any chances

Froome has weight to lose and he is nowhere near this 99%

You'll see when jens will publish his figures... He has the same performances in DL and in TDF.

Re:

Forever The Best said:
Lol at the Froome, Evans and Quintana fanboys coming over to the thread, saying 'delusional', posting some images to insult etc.

Though, he doesn't look good this year and his chances take a single win this year (nvm the Tour) is very low. :(

No need to be mad. If you're so superior to "those fanboys" (funny that this still is an appreciation thread), ignore them.

lenric said:
Forever The Best said:
Lol at the Froome, Evans and Quintana fanboys coming over to the thread, saying 'delusional', posting some images to insult etc.

Though, he doesn't look good this year and his chances take a single win this year (nvm the Tour) is very low. :(

No need to be mad. If you're so superior to "those fanboys" (funny that this still is an appreciation thread), ignore them.
I obviously disagree with what YouYou said. But I don't post some images to insult, say 'delusional' etc.

Forever The Best said:
lenric said:
Forever The Best said:

I obviously disagree with what YouYou said. But I don't post some images to insult, say 'delusional' etc.

Don't know what image you're referring to, since "believing in unicorns" is equal to "believing in fairy tales". This is a forum, not a congregation of sissies, but you're free to report the image, if you feel you must. Neither do I acknowledge "delusional" as an insult, when the targeted poster previously called valvpitty "foolish fanboy".

Sometimes, you just have to look at both sides.
Either way, feel free to ignore what you don't like or, if you want to do something productive about what troubles you, report it.

lenric said:
Forever The Best said:
lenric said:
Forever The Best said:

Don't know what image you're referring to, since "believing in unicorns" is equal to "believing in fairy tales". This is a forum, not a congregation of sissies, but you're free to report the image, if you feel you must. Neither do I acknowledge "delusional" as an insult, when the targeted poster previously called valvpitty "foolish fanboy".

Sometimes, you just have to look at both sides.
Either way, feel free to ignore what you don't like or, if you want to do something productive about what troubles you, report it.
Oh, totally forgot about what YouYou said. :redface: Nvm the deluisonal part then, since YouYou started it.

The image looked to me that you wanted to wind-up a bit while trying to show some superiority.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm 100% sure he will be better in the next stages. The problem is: contador in top shape is able to follow froome in top shape (specially in climbs like PDBF)? I think not...

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
Re:

bajbar said:
Really strange stage... Contadot didn't even try to follow. He usually tries and cracks. This time he just didn't accelerate. Simple as that... Like he wasn't even interested... Didn't push much on the descent either...
Exactly!

Re:

bajbar said:
Really strange stage... Contadot didn't even try to follow. He usually tries and cracks. This time he just didn't accelerate. Simple as that... Like he wasn't even interested... Didn't push much on the descent either...

that's what i saw but my stream was breaking up constantly. i think when Porte attacked he didn't try to follow and never upped the tempo.

TRENDING THREADS