• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 2011 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What I'm taking away from the article is that he shared the news with some friends during the 2020 Vuelta presentation, yet somehow it found its way into the media... Best have a talk with those friends.
Now I can imagine how an argument between the spouses about a shirt for the occasion got blown out of proportion in a tabloid article during the offseason.
Spanish soap-opera, stay tuned.

Reactions: Koronin
This seems to confirm the news, but doesn't really offer any other info

Screenshot-20191222-171514.png

It's sad, but I suspect the son will be fine. I just hope for the sake all involved that it's an amicable divorce and not a nasty one that gets played out in the media. I highly doubt any of his friends said anything to the media and it's more likely a journalist overheard him saying something about it to someone.

Reactions: LaFlorecita
It's sad, but I suspect the son will be fine. I just hope for the sake all involved that it's an amicable divorce and not a nasty one that gets played out in the media. I highly doubt any of his friends said anything to the media and it's more likely a journalist overheard him saying something about it to someone.
I can't imagine anything but an amicable divorce, they've been together for too long and been through too much together for any fighting, and his post on Instagram suggests there are no hard feelings.

Reactions: Koronin
Alberto posted a video on Instagram on Christmas, showing the presents Santa had brought. A bike for Luca, and also another one for him but with a note attached - he can only open the present on January 1st... I guess that more or less confirms the launch of his own bike brand!
Technically speaking... while Contador may be getting my toilet brushes order through Amazon I may have gotten his bike order instead!

J/k, of course.

Can't wait to see what Contador will unveil on Jan 1, 2020.

• Haha
Reactions: LaFlorecita

TRENDING THREADS