• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
picture.php

Bjarne loves his Alberto. :)

(I stole pic from twitter :))

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Riis: "the Vuelta is more important for us that the Tour this year. We will need to provide Alberto optimal support, and hence some riders who would have been logic for the Tour will be saved for the Vuelta."

He adds that of course the Tour is still extremely important and he has hopes that Chris Anker will compete for the Polka Dot and that they will compete for stages.

http://sporten.tv2.dk/cykling/article.php/id-50994143:riis-vuelta-vigtigere-end-tour.html

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I would love if Schleck didnt do Tour and did spectacular battle with Conta at Vuelta. It's never going to happen.

But I guess I can just dream... :p

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
I would love if Schleck didnt do Tour and did spectacular battle with Conta at Vuelta. It's never going to happen.

But I guess I can just dream... :p

A couple of years of that in a row would do wonders for the prestige of la vuelta

So now Contador has a team for the next 3 years, who do they buy for support and points to keep the WT license?

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
karlboss said:
Will the current crop of saxo riders be enough support for la vuelta win?

Contador doesn't really need help, only on the flats protecting him from wind and crashes. I assume Navaro and Hernandez are skipping the Tour to ride the Vuelta with AC so they should be good help in the mountains for him anyways.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Riis has said that he will save the best riders for the vuelta team. I think it will probably include N. Sørensen, Tosatto, Paulinho, Navarro, Hernandez and Mørkøv.

Just had a a flick through the whole team, I wonder what Riis's budget is for new riders.

karlboss said:
Can't see it, how do danish and italians interests reconcile?

Simply because there won't be italian interest anymore when Liquigas says "farewell".
Ok there are tons of minor sponsors (and quite big ones like Ristora), but you know...

If I had to bet, I'd still say Geox will take over from Liquigas, and it will remain a completely italian team (sort of considering the Cannondale deal), while Saxo will just remain itself.

TRENDING THREADS