• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Alina @CrotchEagleTeam
"I'm pretty sure that if Contador can be tied to LA&Hog team doping, he will be and then it might be bye bye bang bang forever."

The Broom Wagon @broomwagonblog
"@CrotchEagleTeam but if it is proven then he should be banned, surely? Clean sport for me is the main issue, not rider names/profiles.

Alina @CrotchEagleTeam
"@broomwagonblog And to me, personally and from a biased PoV, Alberto Contador is more important than all the antidoping fight in the world."

:) :p :)

qHCGi.jpg

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Alina @CrotchEagleTeam
"@broomwagonblog And to me, personally and from a biased PoV, Alberto Contador is more important than all the antidoping fight in the world."

:) :p :)

I'm afraid WADA have their own stance on that. And they will dig down that situation thoroughly. Many fans would be eager to know the circumstances of the 2007 Tour in details. I bet you too? The more info about the idol - the better.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
airstream said:
I'm afraid WADA have their own stance on that. And they will dig down that situation thoroughly. Many fans would be eager to know the circumstances of the 2007 Tour in details. I bet you too? The more info about the idol - the better.

I'm afraid that investigation would also involve the Schlecks then.

He said he would.

Probably no need though you'd think, seeing as signing Alberto for 3 years kind of implies that Saxo will have the means to strengthen the team. I doubt we'll be talking about lack of WT points come August.

Okay I get it Susan. No other thread about Alberto is allowed. Not even posts about Alberto are allowed outside of this thread. And we can have 10000s of threads about Andy, Wiggo, etc?

Nevermind, it doesn't matter. I will be a regular cycling fan from now on so that I don't have to deal with dozens of restrictions.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Okay I get it Susan. No other thread about Alberto is allowed. Not even posts about Alberto are allowed outside of this thread. And we can have 10000s of threads about Andy, Wiggo, etc?

Nevermind, it doesn't matter. I will be a regular cycling fan from now on so that I don't have to deal with dozens of restrictions.

You knew the deal when you opened the knee thread, stop being such a martyr.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Blablabla. I thought you were going to avoid this thread.

That was before yet more pointless Contador thread popped up, and look who the OP was.

And I'll read whatever threads I like thanks, unless a moderator tells me otherwise. Just like I'd keep all my Contador foolishness in one thread if explicitly asked by a moderator.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
So the thread was closed but I want to express my point here. That was a little bruise, nothing significant in terms of ability to attack in the Pyrenees; an airbag just in case of a probable early collapse in the race.

As it turned out to be, not only me "spreads hatred all over the forum".

will10 said:
That was before yet more pointless Contador thread popped up, and look who the OP was.

And I'll read whatever threads I like thanks, unless a moderator tells me otherwise. Just like I'd keep all my Contador foolishness in one thread if explicitly asked by a moderator.

Don't worry, it will happen never again. I'm not going to post Alberto anymore because apparently the forum doesn't appreciate Alberto fans, everyone needs to hate him. Luckily there is still some other place where I am allowed to post about Alberto.

airstream said:
So the thread was closed but I want to express my point here. That was a little bruise, nothing significant in terms of ability to attack in the Pyrenees; an airbag just in case of a probable early collapse in the race.

As it turned out to be, not only me "spreads hatred all over the forum".

You're right, Alberto is a liar. They should ban him forever, we don't need liars in the sport.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Don't worry, it will happen never again. I'm not going to post Alberto anymore because apparently the forum doesn't appreciate Alberto fans, everyone needs to hate him. Luckily there is still some other place where I am allowed to post about Alberto.

I get the feeling I have heard this all before;)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:

LaFlorecita, stop carrying on like an idiot! People would just rather a bit more variety. I copped much worse than you have on Cadel than you have for Alberto. Toughen up!

auscyclefan94 said:
LaFlorecita, stop carrying on like an idiot! People would just rather a bit more variety. I copped much worse than you have on Cadel than you have for Alberto. Toughen up!

There will be much more variety now.

I don't want this anymore, all those people that are hating on me just because I have a different opinion. And that's why I will never post anything that has something to do with loving or hating a rider ever again.

TRENDING THREADS