• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Cancellator said:
130px-Charlie_chaplin_karno_portrait.jpg

What do you mean to say with this?

LaFlorecita said:
Lol.

Alberto to win Vuelta 8/11
Alberto to win Tour 2013 5/4
Alberto to win a Tour before 2020 4/7

But these are the odds from before Andy decided to participate in la Vuelta. I cant find anything up to date but my guess is that they're something like 11/5 both? Maybe Alberto 11/7 and Andy 11/5. I don't know anything about betting odds lol. But most of the time they give a good indication of who are the biggest favourites.

Pedro Delgado thinks Contador is still the only favorite, despite the 'rivalry' with Andy. I don't know whether the rivalry will look like 2010 or 2009.

Havetts said:
Dreaming of delicious steaks makes him sleep well at night.. I wonder how Alberto prefers his steak, medium?

No stupid steak jokes Havy, it is stupid and childish. And only Alberto love is allowed here because I say so. Nobody hates him anyway or so everyone says so you are not allowed to hate him. Only love or neutral comments like "Alberto is triple Tour champion" or "Alberto will return in x days".

LaFlorecita said:
No stupid steak jokes Havy, it is stupid and childish. And only Alberto love is allowed here because I say so. Nobody hates him anyway or so everyone says so you are not allowed to hate him. Only love or neutral comments like "Alberto is triple Tour champion" or "Alberto will return in x days".

As in all threads, all opinions are to be respected, as long as they are reasonably posted.

Susan

Havetts said:
Not sure why you feel the need to either attack my post or a rider I dont root for :D.

Probably for the same reason you decided to make your steak "joke." :rolleyes:

I'll be glad when the Tour starts and folks can talk about something other than this dumb stuff.

EDIT: Contador was previewing Stage 20 of the Vuelta today:

scaled.php

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Bjarne sends neither Navarro nor Noval and Hernandez to the Tour... For sure all three will be there for Alberto in the Vuelta, but the Tour would have been an option to prepare for at least 1 or 2 guys of them.

Navarro could have secured some WT points, he could´ve won a mountain stage in the Tour.

Little bit strange, maybe Alberto wanted his gregarios to skip the Tour?

RHRH19861986 said:
Bjarne sends neither Navarro nor Noval and Hernandez to the Tour... For sure all three will be there for Alberto in the Vuelta, but the Tour would have been an option to prepare for at least 1 or 2 guys of them.

Navarro could have secured some WT points, he could´ve won a mountain stage in the Tour.

Little bit strange, maybe Alberto wanted his gregarios to skip the Tour?

They wanted to skip tdf. To ride Vuelta with Alberto.

TRENDING THREADS