• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
RHRH19861986 said:
Bjarne sends neither Navarro nor Noval and Hernandez to the Tour... For sure all three will be there for Alberto in the Vuelta, but the Tour would have been an option to prepare for at least 1 or 2 guys of them.

Navarro could have secured some WT points, he could´ve won a mountain stage in the Tour.

Little bit strange, maybe Alberto wanted his gregarios to skip the Tour?

What matters more for the team and sponsors, Navarro possibly winning some WT points or Contador smashing the Vuelta and no WT points?

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
RHRH19861986 said:
Bjarne sends neither Navarro nor Noval and Hernandez to the Tour... For sure all three will be there for Alberto in the Vuelta, but the Tour would have been an option to prepare for at least 1 or 2 guys of them.

Navarro could have secured some WT points, he could´ve won a mountain stage in the Tour.

Little bit strange, maybe Alberto wanted his gregarios to skip the Tour?

Its old news that neither Navarro or Jesus will do the Tour. And recently Riis stated that the Vuelta is more important for them than the Tour this year. In the Tour they will go for stage wins (2xSørensen, Nuyens, Kroon are good for that and Mørkøv know how to get in breakaways)

Havetts said:
Not sure why you feel the need to either attack my post or a rider I dont root for :D.

Where did I attack you or your post? Was just following your lead joke-wise.

Cimber said:
Its old news that neither Navarro or Jesus will do the Tour. And recently Riis stated that the Vuelta is more important for them than the Tour this year. In the Tour they will go for stage wins (2xSørensen, Nuyens, Kroon are good for that and Mørkøv know how to get in breakaways)

Where did I attack you or your post? Was just following your lead joke-wise.

Please stop quoting the trolls (havetts)

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Michele said:
Any news/rumor about Saxo's sponsors for 2013?

Well they just got a new "minor" sponsor (jersey name sponsor) for 2,5 year (posted on their website yesterday). Their name will be on the jersey from theis years Tour. Not the biggest of sponsors but I reckon they still pay a decent amount of money for it.

http://www.team-saxobank.com/ny_news.asp?n_id=3676&lang=uk

Also there is still the rumour about Anfi as new co-sponsor. I dont think anything will be made official about that before they also got a deal with Saxo or a new main sponsor. I guess could be that they would present something during the 1st rest day in the Tour

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
DominicDecoco said:
Don't know if it is to be Russian but I think we'll soon have an answer on how Bjarne will finance a 3 year Berto-deal.

http://feltet.dk/nyheder/saxo_bank_afgiver_halvdelen_af_sit_sponsorat/

Interesting. Foreing bank it says: Santander? The team will have a press conference monday
LaFlorecita said:
Will the budget be larger?

Dunno, but my guess is: yes

Havetts said:
Fair enough then I misunderstood it. ;)

No worries (0:

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
There will surely be an increase of the budget, its common practice 2 co sponsors pay more than 1 single sponsor, with few exceptions ofcourse, but Saxo bank is far from that size sponsor.

I see no reason why Saxo should quit now, when they get Contador back, after having stayed on for all the bad times.

Does Saxo have some strategic partners in the world, that it could be ?

I know Saxo is a "special" bank so it may not be in conflict with a more normal one.

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
T-Nielsen said:
I see no reason why Saxo should quit now, when they get Contador back, after having stayed on for all the bad times.

Does Saxo have some strategic partners in the world, that it could be ?

I know Saxo is a "special" bank so it may not be in conflict with a more normal one.

Saxo is an investment/internet bank mostly for companies and major investors.
Santander is one of the largest companies in the world and I can´t see why they both couldn´t benefit from this co sponsorship.

But I think it´s all already layed out, Santander will likely take over the sponsor ship in the near future as sole sponsor, and let´s see if Saxo gonna renew the contract for 2013, or if they will take 1 more year as co sponsor. If its Santander ofcourse, we dont know yet.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I will post here what I think should be The Great One's team for Vuelta, I also posted it on velorooms so I hope I can remember:

Alberto
Jesus
Dani
Noval
Pires
Majka
Roberts
Tosatto
N Sorensen.

This is what I think/hope.

If he has improved he can easily score a top 10

Forunculo said:
Yes I mean puncheur finnish and bonifications plus the TT will be enough.:p

Yes, yes, I am full of confidence. Do you know what bonifications there are at the end of the stage? 20 for first? If Alberto can gap Andy 10-20s, and maybe get first or second (after Purito) on the stage, he will have won at least 30 seconds on a uphill finish. And that's not even HC climb!

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Yes, yes, I am full of confidence. Do you know what bonifications there are at the end of the stage? 20 for first? If Alberto can gap Andy 10-20s, and maybe get first or second (after Purito) on the stage, he will have won at least 30 seconds on a uphill finish. And that's not even HC climb!

20, 12 and 8 like Giro but for all stages

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_jnzynUECg

There are like 4 or 5 climbs like Mende from Tour 2010, or Mur d'Bretagne from Tour 2011 and Purito involved and perhaps an in form Gilbert:cool:

Mirador de Ezaro for example
mirador_de_ezaro.png

TRENDING THREADS