• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Publicus said:
Roundabout
Airstream
Auscyclefan94

That's off the top of my head (and in no particular order).

I don't think they actually hate Contador. ACF I suspect used to have a thing for disliking Spaniards (especially Valverde and Contador) because they always were in the way of Evans road to success. He probably still strongly dislikes Valverde and I detect that he still harbors a bit of resentment for Contador primarily for his supposed assistance to Valverde in a particular Dauphine but hate is a bit strong a word for ACF. He's mellowed.:)

Roundabout I'm guessing tires of all the anti-Andy and anti-Schlecks vibe that often comes from the Contador supporters and feels the need to be the counterpoint to that faction. Same with Airstream although with him it's often difficult to detect if even he truly believes what he's saying or just trying to be the counterpoint at all costs. Maybe he just tries to match what he see's as the hyperbole that is coming from the Contador supporters with his own over-the-top prognostications of Andy's soon to be world dominance.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Publicus said:
Roundabout
Airstream
Auscyclefan94

That's off the top of my head (and in no particular order).

LaFlorecita said:
I really can't understand why there are so many Alberto haters. I mean, okay, you don't have to love him, and of course there are the Clinic reasons... But really, I don't understand all the hatred towards him.

Asides from Airstream (who doesnt really hate him either) the other 2 do not direct a lot of hate towards him... what I mean to say is that a lot of this hate is imaginary, people dont hate Contador they may make jokes about him due to his unfortunate circumstances but hating doesnt come really into the equation.

Froome19 said:
Asides from Airstream (who doesnt really hate him either) the other 2 do not direct a lot of hate towards him... what I mean to say is that a lot of this hate is imaginary, people dont hate Contador they may make jokes about him due to his unfortunate circumstances but hating doesnt come really into the equation.

Believe it or not there are a lot of haters. I deal with them every day. So why wouldn't they be on the forum?

Froome19 said:

Of course that all can be interpreted differently and is a matter of opinion.
There are forum members that seem to possess an extremely strong dislike for Contador. Since I don't share their sentiments I can't recall their names just the words of obvious dislike that I read. If you doubt me you can feel free to do a search using the derogatory play on Contador's name of your choice:

Aldirto
Clentador
Clentadope
Dopador,
Dirty Bert...etc

I guess its safe to guess that if you call a rider by names similar to these
then you don't think too positively of that rider.

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Angliru said:
Not just that but he won versus the icon, the legend, the one that is worshipped the world over (LA), denying his triumphant return and /B]he won versus the media's chosen successor to LA's throne (darling Andy). Most of the Andy fans are likely the same fans that love and worship LA. Contador is public enemy number one with them.:D

Fixed it for you! :p

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Angliru said:
Of course that all can be interpreted differently and is a matter of opinion.
There are forum members that seem to possess an extremely strong dislike for Contador. Since I don't share their sentiments I can't recall their names just the words of obvious dislike that I read. If you doubt me you can feel free to do a search using the derogatory play on Contador's name of your choice:

Aldirto
Clentador
Clentadope
Dopador,
Dirty Bert...etc

I guess its safe to guess that if you call a rider by names similar to these
then you don't think too positively of that rider.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/search.php?searchid=2125082

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/search.php?searchid=2125087

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/search.php?searchid=2125089

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/search.php?searchid=2125092

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/search.php?searchid=2125094

Effectively all from the clinic... I wasnt talking about the clinic for obvious reasons.

montagna lunga said:
hahahaha post-stage 1 observation? Come out to Colorado if you want to relieve your boredom next month, and watch for people wearing gaga-style meat-shirts

0512-lady-gaga-2010-meat-dress-mtv-video-music-awards-fa.jpeg

Post that stuff like that in any of these forums one more time, and you'll end up like such a thing:mad::rolleyes: (dress or person)

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I dont understand how anyone could hate Alberto.

I'm Australian and Cadel is my favourite rider, but Alberto is my second favourite rider. Why? Because watching Alberto is exciting. He is the best. Plus he is a nce guy.

I wish Cadel was as good as Alberto, but he isnt. If someone doesnt like Alberto because he is better than their favourite rider, then they should harden up and get over it.

PS - I cant wait for Alberto's return - the Vuelta should be awesome, and looking at the Tour of Beijing route in the general news thread, that looks like another nice race for Alberto too :)

The Joker said:

I'm Australian and Cadel is my favourite rider, but Alberto is my second favourite rider. Why? Because watching Alberto is exciting. He is the best. Plus he is a nce guy.

I wish Cadel was as good as Alberto, but he isnt. If someone doesnt like Alberto because he is better than their favourite rider, then they should harden up and get over it.

PS - I cant wait for Alberto's return - the Vuelta should be awesome, and looking at the Tour of Beijing route in the general news thread, that looks like another nice race for Alberto too :)

I think it's stupid if you hate a rider just because it's the opponent of your favourite. It just makes you look silly and immature. I mean, it's not like you like a rider because he always wins right? I love Alberto because he is exciting (+ a bunch of not cycling-related reasons), not because he wins a lot.

The Joker said:

Cos they consider him a doper? although hating is a far too extreme reaction, I can understand why some people who have their favorites constantly being beaten by him could get very annoyed at him if they think he is cheating to do so

TRENDING THREADS