• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Angliru said:
I don't think they actually hate Contador. ACF I suspect used to have a thing for disliking Spaniards (especially Valverde and Contador) because they always were in the way of Evans road to success. He probably still strongly dislikes Valverde and I detect that he still harbors a bit of resentment for Contador primarily for his supposed assistance to Valverde in a particular Dauphine but hate is a bit strong a word for ACF. He's mellowed.:)

Roundabout I'm guessing tires of all the anti-Andy and anti-Schlecks vibe that often comes from the Contador supporters and feels the need to be the counterpoint to that faction. Same with Airstream although with him it's often difficult to detect if even he truly believes what he's saying or just trying to be the counterpoint at all costs. Maybe he just tries to match what he see's as the hyperbole that is coming from the Contador supporters with his own over-the-top prognostications of Andy's soon to be world dominance.

I was a bit reluctant to identify Auscyclefan94 as a hater, since I do get the genesis of his dislike (the word nemesis comes to mind). As for the other two, it's just my opinion, based on their posts, that there is some animus directed at Contador--I'm not going to speculate as to the source or whether it is justified. I don't think any of them actually "hate" a person they don't know.

Froome19 said:
Asides from Airstream (who doesnt really hate him either) the other 2 do not direct a lot of hate towards him... what I mean to say is that a lot of this hate is imaginary, people dont hate Contador they may make jokes about him due to his unfortunate circumstances but hating doesnt come really into the equation.

I understood what you were trying to do when you posed the question.

Alberto Contador ‏@albertocontador
Aqui mi @iamspecialized ,se nos acabo la carretera. Here the road ended for my @iamspecialized and me

a5wzn.jpg

A bit sadface because no Alberto in pic :(

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I swear :p

No seriously, when was the last time Alberto rode away from everyone else? Tour 2009, because Giro 2011 says nothing about how he'll do against Andy, Evans, Wiggo etc. And Tour 2009 is a long time ago, and as I said he has never been as good again and I don't think he ever will.

In 2010 he still rode away from everyone except Andy tho. And the 2011 Giro was probably the best Contador ever.

LaFlorecita said:
I swear :p

No seriously, when was the last time Alberto rode away from everyone else? Tour 2009, because Giro 2011 says nothing about how he'll do against Andy, Evans, Wiggo etc. And Tour 2009 is a long time ago, and as I said he has never been as good again and I don't think he ever will.

Seems to me the only off year he had was 2010.

TRENDING THREADS