• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Alexandre Vinokourov

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Animal said:
Pff!

I don't go round with specially screen printed kit reading "Animal 4 ever"!

He's the egotistical arsehole, not me matey.

+1
It's a bit much wearing a jersey like that. I wouldn't be putting images of myself on a jersey of when i cheated. it's like he's justifying his wrong doing for wearing that jersey.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
joe_papp said:
Brilliant. If anyone finds a link to a vendor of a Vino jersey, let me know! I'll buy the full kit, including socks, and pimp for him here. I'm surprised Armstrong hasn't done this already. After all, he had his own baseball cap made for his pro-debut in Europe...:D

Armstrong's got a cap, Contador's got a cap (with the whole pistol thing), but the Vino kit is absolutely priceless! Just about coughed my coffee up it's so damn funny.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
sherer said:
there is a URL on the jersey he wore which goes here

http://vino-4ever.com/

not on-line yet though

Hey, perhaps that could be a new team, "Team Vino 4ever" or "Team Vino", and everyone on the team would have photos of Vino in his Astana outfit! Then he could go on the campaign saying "only Vino can challenge The Shack and the Spanish beach boy".

Those pics had to be some of the funniest I have seen in quite some time.

Izoard said:
Armstrong's got a cap, Contador's got a cap (with the whole pistol thing), but the Vino kit is absolutely priceless! Just about coughed my coffee up it's so damn funny.

Apologies to Futurama.

"Computers may be twice as fast as they were in 2007 but your average fan is as drunk and stupid as ever. The only one who's changed is me. I've become bitter, and let's face it, crazy over the years. And once I'm allowed into the Tour, I'll sell our children's organs to zoos for meat. And I'll go into people's houses at night and wreck up the place! Muhuhahahaha!"

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Apologies to Futurama.

"Computers may be twice as fast as they were in 2007 but your average fan is as drunk and stupid as ever. The only one who's changed is me. I've become bitter, and let's face it, crazy over the years. And once I'm allowed into the Tour, I'll sell our children's organs to zoos for meat. And I'll go into people's houses at night and wreck up the place! Muhuhahahaha!"

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (breathe) ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
lucybears said:
Licence problems. The application to the UCI has not yet been completed. He must formally apply for a license in Monaco because that is where he resides. It is now not known when Vinokourov will make his comeback.
:DYou're so right! One thing seems to be certain, Asstana doesn't want him in their roster for anything this season. I get a sneaky feeling that all the folks who think he'll get his way, sooner than later, are overestimating his abilities. My money still lies with, no ride for Asstana, until after Bruyneel sets sail for the Radio Shack. After all, what are the Kazakhs going to do? Fire him??? Whoa, ho, ho, ho!:D:D

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Whilst things like Mellow Johnny are subtle self love things I personally like the Vino approach.

I don't plan to spend 130 euros on the kits listed on an earlier site, but I will certainly pick up a jersey at some point!

I'm the type of rider who wears Primal Wear stuff and anything that makes some kind of a statement (yes...some may think the statement is: "look at me, I'm a knob!") but hey, it's my choice and I like, even if nobody else does!

:cool:

No Longer a Fan

Vino,

I used to be a fan, but now no longer. You embarrass yourself, and you embarrass Team Astana, but hey. You want the team, I guess it will be yours to do as you see fit. I highly doubt Team Astana wins another Grand Tour from here on out.

See ya

A

Anonymous

sibex9591 said:
Vino,

I used to be a fan, but now no longer. You embarrass yourself, and you embarrass Team Astana, but hey. You want the team, I guess it will be yours to do as you see fit. I highly doubt Team Astana wins another Grand Tour from here on out.

See ya

Yea, and the worst part is that Vino coming back improved the class of people on the team in many ways. I mean, there are a few exceptions, but I have to say that the definitely dropped the dead weight when Team Shack was formed.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
sibex9591 said:
Vino,

See ya

A newborn Phoenix?

i thought he was going to be amazing when he was riding for jan. he still did really well. i say give the guy a chance. initially when he was banned, he was a real sore loser. i was turned off. but give him a shot anyway. maybe he will be the attacker he always was.:cool: