• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andrew McQuaid accusses LeMond

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:
forum clogging snipped

holy sh*t dude. Learn how to be concise. I might agree with most of what you have to say, but posting it in such a long unfocused form does nobody any good. You're gonna give people carpal tunnel issues just from scrolling past your unintelligible post.

We are known by the company we keep...Lemonds company was Guimard Hinault and Fignon. All dopers

AGAIN, please post ANYTHING CREDIBLE that says Hinault/Lemond doped? Anything at all(and it has to be CREDIBLE).

Tygart brought LA to judgement but only had to because his agency is so incompetent they couldnt catch him while he was doing it...lets hear it for squeaky clean and hypocrisy in the cycling world!

Let's hear it for delusional, nonsensical, fanboys who don't know WTF they're talking about......You sir go to the head of that line.

autologous said:
holy sh*t dude. Learn how to be concise. I might agree with most of what you have to say, but posting it in such a long unfocused form does nobody any good. You're gonna give people carpal tunnel issues just from scrolling past your unintelligible post.

LOL, thats what i thought about the post i responded to, it made my head hurt reading it.

kennf1 said:
it's funny how the lemond accusers always forget one important fact: Since 2001, armstrong had virtually unlimited resources to dig up dirt on lemond to attempt a smear campaign. Despite his network of lawyers, fellow riders, business partners, and former coaches, he came up with nothing.

And yet, certain people are convinced he doped (with what, they can't expain) because he was a strong rider. Since age 16.

this x 1,000,000

Spider1964 said:
You sound angry roadfreak.. Angry. Confused. Misguided. Anger is such a difficult emotion to keep in check. Move on.

Greg is not your enemy.

The truth is.

Lance was a cheater.

Greg was not.

If you have PROOF that he was... Riches await.

LOL, pointless to explain this to him, he'll never "get it". I'd love to see roadfreaks proof he himself was even a competitive rider, or how he claims to know so much?

Albatros said:
Nope, the guy who defended Perico's innocence or the guy who while at PDM never said a word about doping and once they sacked him exploded with doping remarks. Or the guy who first accuses Indurain of doping and then retracks from it two hours later, or the guy who never had a word to say about Fignon or Hinault doping practices. In fact we have a collection of Lemonds to suit our agendas.

There is an article over here where he even comdemns and condones doping at the same time. LeMond the great antidoping crusader to suit his needs....and working with Guimard, Van Mol and Bellocq.

Take that !!

BTW, where did you read/hear/see that said Hinault doped?

Sep 5, 2009
Visit site
Frosty said:
Link for Mottet?

Obviously our accuser has not read Willy Voet's "Breaking the Chain"

Voet identifies Mottet as being scrupulously clean and the b-u-t-t of jokes from other (doping) cyclists.

Mottet would openly have a suitcase full of herbs as being the basis of his "preparation". Voet claimed Mottet could have won a Tour if he had juiced up.

Lemond was a doper

And you know this how? post the proof please......

By inderect means I have not doubt whatsoever that he did dope.

"Indirect"-again, do you have proof Lemond did infact dope as you claim? If so, please post it, we'd love to see it.

By direct means I have pointed out to the enormous contradictions in his speech.

Where?

Lemond was a SELECTIVE anti doping crusader to suit his needs. Of that there is not doubt.

So, lemme see if I understand you, a moment ago, you claimed he was a doper, now you're claiming here he was an "anti doper", which is it? That's an inherent contradiction. If he's an "anti doper" than that in itself would prove he didn't dope right?
Van Mol, Bellocq, Guimard and the America blood doping coach whose name scapes me now.

Amazing you can't seem to "remember" a coaches name, but yet you can "remember" quite vividly the times when you claim Lemond doped?

And he survived them all clean, beat them all clean thanks to his superhuman VO2 max value, but only accused PDM after being sacked:confused:

Not surprising you would be.

You lot are more innocent than my 6 year old niece.

And you sir are about as bright as a bucket of wet leaves.

DirtyWorks said:
Enough with the personal attacks. C'mon now. Let's see it.

You stated in plain English that Lemond doped. What are your specific claims how Lemond doped? Over what time periods? What drugs? What doctor?

I'm as open to the possibility that Lemond doped. I need some facts to test your argument. For someone who believes Lemond doped, you seem to be lacking quite a bit of substance in that area.

Thank you.....

Spider1964 said:
To all the other new members who joined in Oct 2012... I apologise.

I apologise because there are skidmarxs.. roadfreaks & mountainmen who make me dubious as to their bona fides...

That....

And those 3 are deadset delusional.

Just to be clear, I joined the board in March 2009 and have never really been a heavy contributer due to being away from my computer for months at a time. But I'm here now, and I'm chagrined that an Oct 2012 Armstrong apologist has a name that could be confused with mine.

(translation: he's Andrew, I'm Pat :D )

Mrs John Murphy said:
Odd that the story of the son of the UCI President accusing a former TDF winner and critic of the UCI of doping and then removing the accusation doesn't seem to have been picked up by any of the cycling news sites.

Oh yes, much better to go back to 'looking to the future' and pretending that doping was all in the past.

Hey, to be fair, that tweet was in the past too. So was your post. We've gotta look to the future. As soon as I hit 'submit reply' this post is in the past too.

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Greg LeMond stems from a era where the US government no less was funding doping for cyclists. (along with DDR, USSR, BRD, Italy) The US olympic cycling squad of 1984 for instance was massively using blood doping and caught, resulting in an IOC ban on blood doping.

EPO arrived on the blackmarket in jan 1988 according to leMonde and was officially registered in 1989 with 15 deaths between 1988-1990 contributed to EPO. So stateing that Lemond is pre-EPO is a bit too simple.

this is a nice read btw with a nice chronology of the dopeing evolution. alcala and breukink and quite a few other of LeMonds competition in the tours of 89, 90 and 91 are named there as well, further widening the gap between the "clean" LeMond and the non tainted rest of the peleton.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
skimazk said:
Greg LeMond <rest is just babble>.

Armstrong has been since 2001 desperately trying to find evidence of LeMond's doping.

If it existed he would have outed LeMond.

Do yourself a favour. Get a nice latte from the liestrong machine and head to a forum where someone might be stupid enough to swallow your jip.

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
sry to dissapoint, no armband here, nor has there ever been one. But i'm sorry if i'm not posting fast enough for you, i'll try and improve by spamming every thread like you :D

mewmewmew13 said:
thread sinking......
yes, it's happening again...

not to worry, though. the important part, the one these idiots are trying to deflect any interest in, is all on page one of the thread.

they can talk until they're blue in the face and that does not excuse Andrew McQuaid's libellous tweet.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
thirteen said:
yes, it's happening again...

not to worry, though. the important part, the one these idiots are trying to deflect any interest in, is all on page one of the thread.

they can talk until they're blue in the face and that does not excuse Andrew McQuaid's libellous tweet.

Has any media outlet picked up on it yet?

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Enough with the personal attacks. C'mon now. Let's see it.

You stated in plain English that Lemond doped. What are your specific claims how Lemond doped? Over what time periods? What drugs? What doctor?

I'm as open to the possibility that Lemond doped. I need some facts to test your argument. For someone who believes Lemond doped, you seem to be lacking quite a bit of substance in that area.

He beat them all and those all were mostly doping, He worked with doping doctors. Pre EPO doping was tremendously important in a three week race as Lemond and many ex cyclists have indicated. If you could win without doping many other cyclists would have done so and we know that is not the case. No way doping would be widespread if it is something you can live without in order to win and in many cases to survive the race, let's not forget that.

What periods? Since he became professional, probably earlier, just like the rest of top cyclists.

Which drugs? The vanguard drugs at the time. Just read Armstrong USADA Case and they still appear there, in spite of their limited efficacy according to some of you.

Did he take EPO? If the peloton or some teams were using EPO in 1989 and/or 1990 surely he did and there is a chance that he might have taken it in 1991, again, if other cyclists did. He was not that far from the winner, and getting on.

skimazk said:
Greg LeMond stems from a era where the US government no less was funding doping for cyclists.

Oh noes!!!! Shocking! I'm shocked to hear big, evil, government has wormed it's way into sport. What social program was the root of this evil? Darn Congress and their irresponsible budgeting!! Noooo maybe it's the military doing research!! No let's blame it on Eddie B!!! Was he an evil Soviet spy intent on destroying 'merican athletics???!!!????!!

skimazk said:
.... alcala and breukink and quite a few other of LeMonds competition in the tours of 89, 90 and 91 are named there as well, further widening the gap between the "clean" LeMond and the non tainted rest of the peleton.

Except for the pesky problem of Lemond finishing well down the GC standings in his last TdF so obviously didn't use EPO, I think you are onto something that has never been mentioned before. Oh wait, it has. For the 100th time.

And then there's the pesky problem of no one ever blowing the lid on a Lemond doping scandal. Given humans and their inability to keep a secret like every other cycling doping scandal since, there's nothing to your intentionally vague claim that Lemond was doping.

Or, maybe you have something very specific? Which you don't, but if you do it is time to post it. No personal attacks. Just specific allegations please like names, places, drugs will do to start.