• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andrew Talansky Discussion Thread

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Anyone know whether he will target anything in the later part of the season. I thought he might ride the Vuelta, as might be ready for a two GT year. However with Martin and Hesjedal already looking like they'll line up there maybe Garmin would be too overloaded, or he'd be there only as a superdom.

Fight.The.Power said:
I went on this thread because I had an interest in sharing the recent success of Talanksy today and find myself commenting on a subject abhorable to me.

I respect the veteren that Jens Attacks is but think not only are his opinions misplaced but also question his judgement in where and when to write such an inflammatory post.

He blackens the purity of Talansky's victory today IMO no matter how tenuous or unintentional those comparisons to LA may be. Perhaps JA should turn his brain on and think next time where he posts such ill-conceived views!!!! :mad:

Grrrrrr.

wow. calm down.
It does not blacken anything since there is no purity involved in sport. it's strenght and panache involved. and that's what Talansky (and Ryder) had today.
that was a great stage and display of courage.
and I think Andrew could even have received a nice text message from Lance last evening. congratulating him about the win.

mc_mountain said:
Anyone know whether he will target anything in the later part of the season. I thought he might ride the Vuelta, as might be ready for a two GT year. However with Martin and Hesjedal already looking like they'll line up there maybe Garmin would be too overloaded, or he'd be there only as a superdom.
USA Pro Cycling Challange has been an important race for Garmin so I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to win this race. Vande Velde and Danielson did well in this race in the past two years after riding Tour de France, so he also might be in form to do it.

jaylew said:
Never been a Ryder fan, but I have to say you're spot on. He was a terrific domestique this week.
Not the whole week. Until the last 2 or 3 kilometers of stage 7 he did nothing for Talansky. Always either in the break or at the very back of the peleton, while others, including Howes and Langeveld, taking care of their leader.

Kudos to him for stage 8 but he was much more of a free role than domestique for the majority of the race.

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Watching the race for the 3rd time an cannot get enough of this Dauphine Stage 8. The racing is chaotic and frantic and beautiful....all at the same time. You can watch the thought clouds finally come together above Contador's mind, the light goes on and he shoots off like a rocket :D

Never been a fan of Talansky before this stage but gotta hand it to him and Garmin - well done on the day!

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Garmin are always involved in these chaotic days of racing, not always with success but they are one of the few teams that bring different things nowadays to cycling

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
hiero2 said:
Talansky? A TdF podium candidate? Well, my stars, sure, but so is Tommy Voelckler! I'd give them about the same odds. Top 10? Sure. Podium? Well, long shots DO happen!

Is it that big of a long shot?

He was 10th last year, 17 minutes back. 12 minutes back of the podium. He's still very young... is it a huge longshot to think a step forward to podium contention is possible?

Although he would probably like a bit more TT km... so perhaps he's still another year or two of development away.

kurtinsc said:
Is it that big of a long shot?

He was 10th last year, 17 minutes back. 12 minutes back of the podium. He's still very young... is it a huge longshot to think a step forward to podium contention is possible?

Although he would probably like a bit more TT km... so perhaps he's still another year or two of development away.

IMO it's only Froome, Nibbs, Contador and Valverde who are clearly better than Talansky, and it's far from certain they all have a good Tour. Talansky could well podium, but several others are in the same position, top 5 would be a great result for hims so early in his career.

kurtinsc said:
I say he didn't even perform his best last year. It was clear that for the first two weeks he wasn't anywhere near as good as in the third week or at the Paris-Nice earlier that year. I'm not sure why was that, but I know he had some ilness before the race that disrupted his preparation. I think he was capable of finishing somewhere around 6th or 7th last year already. In the last couple of days he rode more like a mid top10 than bottom top10 GC rider.

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Talanski and TVG look at the moment that are stepping on the footsteps of Gesink and JVDB.Maybe Lady Luck will turn on their side before too long.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Konig said:

"Ale v posledním sjezdu šel přede mě ten idiot Talansky a sundal mě asi v šedesátce. ... Po čtvrteční etapě obviňoval Simona Gerranse, že ho sundal, přitom to byla jeho chyba, dneska to shodil zase. Takoví lidi tam nemají co dělat. Promluvím si s ním, nelíbí se mi to."

Translate:

"On the last descent the IDIOT Talansky took me down in about 60kmh. Yesterday he was blaming Gerrans even though it was his fault and today he took us down again. Those kind of people shouldnt be here. I have to talk to him, I dont like it"

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
PunchingRouleur said:
König blame Talansky for todays crash.

You'd think it's the relay race, not a bike race. First Cavendish and Gerrans. Then Gerrans and Talansky. Followed by Talansky and Köning. So who will Köning collide with today?

TRENDING THREADS