• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andy Schleck crying again

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well Schleck says that without chaingate "Contador would never have gotten away". Well without Frank crashing in front of COntador, stopping Contador, Andy would never have even been in MJ.

So while maybe hes not crying, its a bit selfish to claim chaingate was the most important incident.

Especially considering the hypocricy of everyone having to wait for Schleck on stage 2, but not for Contador on stage 3.

What excitement does Andy bring? He doesn't like to make any effort that's not absolutely necessary, which means it's only Ardennes and TdF, and he will only attack as little as possible to achieve his goals - although I'm hoping that was in part just Riis being Riis.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
Amazing the posters here. They have seamlessly transfered their Armstrong hatred towards Andy Schleck.

I think Andy and Frank bring fun and excitement.

4-83.gif

koe(1).jpg

join.jpg

610x.jpg

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
People don't like arrogant people until they show they can actually win something decent.

Without LBL Andy would be even a bigger joke tbh. And he'll get the Tour 2010, but we all know who the real winner was.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
People don't like arrogant people until they show they can actually win something decent.

Without LBL Andy would be even a bigger joke tbh. And he'll get the Tour 2010, but we all know who the real winner was.

The real winner, berto? Do you have pride in his tdf victory 2010?

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
The real winner, berto? Do you have pride in his tdf victory 2010?

More than you have in Armstrong's 7 wins of boredom and patheticness.

Even Voeckler was a Tour contender in Armstrong's era.

EPIC FAIL.

Oh wait, there comes snorlax, oh sorry it's Jan Ullrich.

Do you have proud in the 2003 win of Armstrong(or '99 for that matter)? He would've lost if Snorlax had brains.

The only reason you like Andy is because you hate Contador for beating Armstrong in the 2009/2010 Tour. Now that he's retiring you need someone to cheer for that can beat Contador I guess ;)

Andy lost 42 seconds on Contador in a freaking prologue, Contador waited for Schleck on stage 2, Andy didn't wait for Contador on stage 3, Andy got owned on stage 15 and is still crying about it, Andy got a gift on the Tourmalet. That's the summary of the Tour.

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I want to cheer for ASchleck but it's hard when he opens his mouth on any given subject. He seems too self important to be around sometimes.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
What excitement does Andy bring? He doesn't like to make any effort that's not absolutely necessary, which means it's only Ardennes and TdF, and he will only attack as little as possible to achieve his goals - although I'm hoping that was in part just Riis being Riis.

Riis maybe, but mostly it's just Andy growing up and becoming the prototypical modern stage racer. Put in as little effort as possible, take zero risks, disrespect the sport and it's fans, then ****** off to the beach. Guys like Merckx are publicly respectful of these guys but in private I bet he laughs his a** off at these babies.

Ahh...the usual whining from all the "experts" who frequently visits the CN forums...

Isn't it better that Schleck is honest about how he feels about le Tour and about that doped spaniard insted of the usual bull**** they always come up with?

-"Yeah, we are best friends! Look! Looook!! We are hugging at the top of Tourmalet!! OMG we are like BFF!!" "We are even swimming with dohlpins together!"

Yikes! I think I will do just fine without all the bull****.

Though I agree with this.

Scansorial said:
And if he hates Alberto so much, why didn't he just man up and say it during the Tour instead of playing nice and accepting Alberto's "apology"? It's easy to pile on the guy now that he's facing a doping suspension.

GoGarmin said:
Sigh. Must everyone who speaks to the media be labeled a cry baby?

The most significant thing I took away from the article linked above is that the one-time friendship/relationship between Schleck and Contador, whatever its nature may have been, is long gone. They are rivals. It will be fun to watch the rematch, whether it comes in 2012 or 2013. A rivalry is so much better than a mutual respect.

He seems to have a problem taking responsibility for his shortcomings. Was his arm also twisted to take part in these acts of alleged theatre? Was he strongarmed into mounting the playful attack with Contador on the final stage, an attack that ended with them both smiling and shaking hands?
This guy is a whiner of the highest order and one not hesitant to toss a companion under the bus when the going gets rough. Just a couple of months ago he was saying that he hopes Contador is cleared and is able to race the Tour this year.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Having just read his quotes, I think what he has said would have been better left unsaid.
Both poor judgement and timing.

Actually, IF contador was going to ride in the TdF I'd rather he'd have said it as I'm a sucker for hype: I want to see two ****ed off rivals ripping up each other going into the race. With Conti probably out, it is a low blow better left unsaid.

All-in-all, Cycling looks like **** again, while other sports get away with freaking murder.

May 22, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Even Voeckler was a Tour contender in Armstrong's era.

EPIC FAIL.

Voeckler's Tour Record:
2003: 63rd
2004: 18th
2005: 124th

Average position in 'Armstrong era' - 68th. So everyone in the top 70 ish is a 'tour contender' now? Going to make the pre race guides section quite long...

My guess is that word has gotten to Andy that Bertie will be receiving a ban and so he feels he needs to do a little revisionist history telling.

I was shocked that Andy buddied up with Bertie after he was so ****ed off about the chain drop incident. After that stage, Andy looked like he was going to kill someone. Then a day or two later they gave a press conference and some over the top public displays of affection.

A month or so ago I believe it was Cipo who argued on cyclingnews that he had no taste for making nice in such situations. Personally, I would have had a lot more respect for Andy if he would have held onto his rage and done something about it in the race. He should have said that he is ****ed at himself for doing a bone head shift.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Sofía_ said:
Is natural for people to envy the best.

Sighs... I think that you just like AS cuz he's "pretty", "the good boy" and have "his belly full of anger"... :rolleyes:

flicker said:
I think Andy and Frank bring fun and excitement into cycling

long time without ROFLMAO so hard! hahaha

jaylew said:
I miss the 2005-2008 Andy Schleck. Remember when we used to like him?

you and 4 or 5 ppls more not me mate! =D

SC1990 said:
Bloody hell, didn't realise Schleck was so hated.

Welcome to the real world mate!

El Pistolero said:
Oh wait, there comes snorlax, oh sorry it's Jan Ullrich.

Epic!!! hahahaha

Andy crying... maybe he lost his teddy bear!

El Pistolero said:
Andy lost 42 seconds on Contador in a freaking prologue, Contador waited for Schleck on stage 2, Andy didn't wait for Contador on stage 3, Andy got owned on stage 15 and is still crying about it, Andy got a gift on the Tourmalet. That's the summary of the Tour.
Nice summary. Could be a bit briefer without the prologue bit but otherwise, nicely done.

SC1990 said:
Voeckler's Tour Record:
2003: 63rd
2004: 18th
2005: 124th

Average position in 'Armstrong era' - 68th. So everyone in the top 70 ish is a 'tour contender' now? Going to make the pre race guides section quite long...

I agree that Voeckler wasnt a contender. Coming 18th once isnt a contender. But average position is very misleading. Theres no difference between 60th and 160th really. CQ gives same ammount of points to everyone from 50- 180 (so long as you finish of course).

Ryaguas said:
Andy crying... maybe he lost his teddy bear!

Your thinking of Cuddles.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
The most telling is that, while a clean rider would be extremely angry at being robbed of a win by a doper, Contador's drugs couldn't be farther from Schleck's mind.
Instead, he's demuring on the minor point of the chain slip.

That speaks volumes.

As for Andy being an enormous tool, that has always been obvious. He and his brother couldn't have much different personalities than they already do.

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Call me a cynic but with the timing of this particular story I'm starting to think that Cycling is working like F1 does - orchestrating situations to keep the fans on tenterhooks in anticipation of the new season.

The release of this, a day before we are apparently to expect a decision on Contador, smacks of manoeuverings taking place behind the scenes. What odds now that Contador is exonerated? Would set up the rematch which we were all in doubt would happen nicely.

Like the token smack on the wrist for Lance and Johann at The Tour for flouting the Jersey rules (as if to say don't think that Lance is above the law) and the story today that the UCI is giving Lance's mountain bike race some status, this is just another sign that all is not well and most likely corrupt and rotten behind the scenes.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Your thinking of Cuddles.

ohhh my bad :(

Well maybe he lost his little lion... but dont worry daddy Pat is there to give him a brand new one... nooooot... is used were robbed from a guy from Pinto...