• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Astana?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
pastronef said:
Robert5091 said:
pastronef said:
3 wins in a row. thank god Sky is not doing that. the servers wouldnt cope with that :D

If Astana are going to go down in flames, then sit back and enjoy the show. :D

I dont even want them to go down. I wouldnt enjoy. I am not wishing stuff like that to any team.
that´s why I am baffled when people wish teams to go down in flames.
I think Astana has serious money problems and it's most probable they will discontinue next year. There's a very high probability of them going down no matter what. I don't think anyone here is wishing any team to go down. It seems Vino still has some leftovers in his basement as Astana boys are giving QuickStep run for their money. Lulu Sanchez just snatched a nice win in Trentino/Tirol/Alps/whatever.

railxmig said:
I think Astana has serious money problems and it's most probable they will discontinue next year. There's a very high probability of them going down no matter what. I don't think anyone here is wishing any team to go down. It seems Vino still has some leftovers in his basement as Astana boys are giving QuickStep run for their money. Lulu Sanchez just snatched a nice win in Trentino/Tirol/Alps/whatever.

Astana wont fold

Re:

proffate said:
I find it disturbing that you call this man chubby. You clearly have a warped perception of the human form if you think arms are supposed to get any skinnier than that. Tejay, Froome, Zakarin etc. are the freaks who should be shamed. Who looks more like the pre-epo cycling greats (Lemond, Hinault, Merckx) --- Lutsenko or Poels?

Whatever PEDs are in vogue right now includes something that causes weight loss and no decline in power. It's been this way for years.

Re: Re:

DirtyWorks said:
proffate said:
I find it disturbing that you call this man chubby. You clearly have a warped perception of the human form if you think arms are supposed to get any skinnier than that. Tejay, Froome, Zakarin etc. are the freaks who should be shamed. Who looks more like the pre-epo cycling greats (Lemond, Hinault, Merckx) --- Lutsenko or Poels?

Whatever PEDs are in vogue right now includes something that causes weight loss and no decline in power. It's been this way for years.

Cadel Evans said exactly this I think in 2012 or 2013. What happened in 2012? It seems to me that other teams have caught up in the arms race.

DirtyWorks said:
proffate said:

Compound 14

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/11/06/a-pill-to-make-exercise-obsolete

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site

DirtyWorks said:
proffate said:

Nutritional ketosis has a protein-sparing effect and burns fats. No need for PEDs.

orbifold said:
DirtyWorks said:
proffate said:

Nutritional ketosis has a protein-sparing effect and burns fats. No need for PEDs.

How effective is a ketosis based diet for supporting high intensity interval training?

Re:

Cookster15 said:
Mikel Landa never showed the same spark at Sky compared to when he was at Astana. Not sure if this is clinic related but it is noteworthy.
Not too sure about that. While his Giro was certainly very good and arguable his best showing so far, the second Sky season was with no doubt better than his Astana seasons on overall terms.

TRENDING THREADS