• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Australian Crime Commission investigation finds widespread doping

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 2, 2010
Visit site
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/what-drugs-are-they-on-about-20130822-2seks.html

Article that includes all the drugs in the program (except for one which is redacted).

Also interesting:

'The question, then, is why have the players not been charged with taking banned substances. The explanation would appear to be that due to the lack of records at Essendon, ASADA is unable to determine which players received which drugs and is therefore reluctant to initiate charges which will no doubt be challenged in court.

So it is somewhat ironic that poor record keeping, an area for which Essendon has been strongly criticised, could actually be what saves the players from suspensions.'

Solution: ban them all.

It's such total BS that there are lax records about individual players programs. AFL trying to sway the masses? It's not the players fault? Poor little lambs?

"sports scientist" Stephen Dank has all the records, he has even admitted as much in the vain assumption they will assuage him of guilt, but has refused to cooperate with. ASADA. This might well change now they have powers of coercion.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
rata de sentina said:
Possibly one of the "unspecified amino acids" (apparently a term used by Dank to disguise that fact that the 'amino acids' were in fact joined together by peptide bonds and therefore were actually peptides) was expected by Dank to stimulate IGF-1 production.

Or alternatively he was looking for effectiveness of AOD-9604.

Elevated serum IGF-1 is a biomarker for growth hormone abuse in sport. One of the purported effects of AOD-9604 a synthetic peptide of a fragment of growth hormone is upregulation of IGF-1.

IGF-1 mediates the anabolic effects of growth hormone so it makes a mockery of protestations that AOD-9604 is not potentially performance enhancing if you are administering it with the purpose of stimulating IGF-1 production.
how is IGF-II and IGF-III fundamentally different from IGF-I rata

I believe Manalo Saiz got his IFG-I that was in the Puerto files, from Gropep in Adelaide. I think i may be aware of the apocyphal(")source or connect to Gropep.

http://sgp1.paddington.ninemsn.com.au/sunday/cover_stories/transcript_431.asp
plus follow up
http://sgp1.paddington.ninemsn.com.au/sunday/cover_stories/transcript_440.asp

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/jaksche-provides-damning-testimony-against-fuentes-and-saiz
“Eufemiano asked me what I technically wanted to get from doping and told me that he could get me all of the medical products. He told me that he could get me EPO, steroids, IGF-1, artificial haemoglobin and blood transfusions

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
edit: is it right that using insulin is an agonist like effect, or neutralises IGF. i thought testo and insulin were not happy bedfellows with igf

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
thrawn said:
So after months and months of complaining about the facts not being made public, Hird decides to sue after some are made public by claiming he has been denied natural justice. I think he's taken his inspiration of fighting this from Lance. I hope he gets a lifetime ban from coaching in all sports.
he is nothing like Armstrong.

the players were adults
they had agency.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
42x16ss said:
Sam Newman is in total utter denial. The man is making himself look like an even bigger idiot than he already is and the fans are lapping it up. Even the co-hosts looked stunned - I thought James Brayshaw's jaw was going to hit the ground at one stage!

Newman just thinks a steroid is not cheating. he is not deluded. this is what the entire peloton think.

do you think those rugby league and union bodies grow on trees? well, the current afl players, are as heavy, as 90s rugby players, yet run like afl players.
= NOT NORMAL

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
42x16ss said:
I struggle to believe that Essendon are the only club with a "Supplements Program" (why can't the media call it what it is :mad:) and it really does look like the AFL is trying to avoid a league wide investigation.

why? because all sides employed PR flaks, and the first thing they had to do was defuse the issue: drugs=ugly. supplements and peptides and amino acids = much more palatable.

no steroids.

supplements. amino acids.

harmless innit

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
edit: is it right that using insulin is an agonist like effect, or neutralises IGF. i thought testo and insulin were not happy bedfellows with igf
IGF-1 can definitely interact with insulin and it's receptor in vitro, not sure what that means in vivo.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
42x16ss said:
Did anyone watch the Footy Show last night? Sam Newman is in total utter denial.
Newman is a man who has clearly availed himself of the full spectrum of what medical science, alchemy etc has to offer to try and turn back the clock. I am sure he is on a full program of "supplementation" at one of these anti-ageing establishments linked to this farce and therefore in cahoots with some of these snake oil salesmen.

The connection between Dank and Newman has already been made, join the dots.....

rata de sentina said:
Newman is a man who has clearly availed himself of the full spectrum of what medical science, alchemy etc has to offer to try and turn back the clock. I am sure he is on a full program of "supplementation" at one of these anti-ageing establishments linked to this farce and therefore in cahoots with some of these snake oil salesmen.

The connection between Dank and Newman has already been made, join the dots.....
Also, as a Geelong great I find it hard to beleive that he didn't know what Dean Richardson's background and reputation was like when the Cats employed him. Cameron Ling hinted that he wasn't doing anything untoward but he probably has a fair bit on the line as well.

Newman is attempting to pull up the security blanket of omerta over the AFL, too bad the horse has just about bolted. I thought that my opinion of Sam Newman couldn't get any lower then he opened his mouth on this :rolleyes:

blackcat said:
why? because all sides employed PR flaks, and the first thing they had to do was defuse the issue: drugs=ugly. supplements and peptides and amino acids = much more palatable.

no steroids.

supplements. amino acids.

harmless innit
Sure is. Think of the damage to the game if they did call it doping.

I suspect that both Essendon and the AFL would launch legal action on the first media company to try.

Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-On-Stranger-Tides_zpsf116e375.jpg

:D

THE Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority is preparing a slew of infraction notices against Essendon players and club officials that could result in lifetime bans from all sport.

Essendon coach James Hird, people and development manager Danny Corcoran, former high-performance manager Dean Robinson and sports scientist Stephen Dank, as well as players involved in the injecting scene, are all in ASADA's sights

Trouble at mill

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/ess...sanctions-report/story-fnii5smr-1226722483651

May 2, 2010
Visit site
So unrelated to the whole Dank Saga, it looks like the Sydney Roosters are now embroiled in their own drugs Saga. A couple of articles online at http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-found-on-criminals-phone-20130925-2ues6.html and http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/roosters-disturbed-by-blood-results-20130925-2uet7.html.

The Roosters were more concerned with the fact that their players were tested for growth hormone than they were for the fact that several players were showing elevated levels. Apparently "islanders" (pacific) have HGH spikes naturally.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
thrawn said:
So unrelated to the whole Dank Saga, it looks like the Sydney Roosters are now embroiled in their own drugs Saga. A couple of articles online at http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-found-on-criminals-phone-20130925-2ues6.html and http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/roosters-disturbed-by-blood-results-20130925-2uet7.html.

The Roosters were more concerned with the fact that their players were tested for growth hormone than they were for the fact that several players were showing elevated levels. Apparently "islanders" (pacific) have HGH spikes naturally.

It stinks. It really does but probably more so coming from a rabbitohs supporter as I am. I don't want the Roosters winning the premiership with this tarnish hanging over their heads.

It was the same with the sharks - to have benefited from a huge referee mistake was one thing but what was made worse was the fact that they slid under the radar into the top 8 even with the ASADA investigation on-going into the club's former supplement programs.

That quote from Caravan that pacific islanders naturally have increases in their HGH speaks of somebody who has absolutely no idea what they are talking about and perhaps even indicates a guilty mind that there is something for them to cover up.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
darwin553 said:
It stinks. It really does but probably more so coming from a rabbitohs supporter as I am. I don't want the Roosters winning the premiership with this tarnish hanging over their heads.

It was the same with the sharks - to have benefited from a huge referee mistake was one thing but what was made worse was the fact that they slid under the radar into the top 8 even with the ASADA investigation on-going into the club's former supplement programs.

That quote from Caravan that pacific islanders naturally have increases in their HGH speaks of somebody who has absolutely no idea what they are talking about and perhaps even indicates a guilty mind that there is something for them to cover up.

Numbers game dude. Most of the clubs will have been using high end drugs in all footie codes down under. Look at the size of the players. The teams that have a particular season where they peak and drop off...they're most likely using something pretty strong. Think the Sharks and Titans in the last few years. Roosters and Rabbitohs this year. The big names who are consistent every year have a stable system in place. They also have protection in the media...particularly the AFL teams in Melbourne.

It's been obvious for some time now. But by all means, you can think your team is full natty brah! If only! :D

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
42x16ss said:
What do you expect? 9 is Packer owned.

9 is not packer owned anymore IIRC. Instead, it is owned by US private equity firms. It's more the fact that the current roosters chairman is best friends with the CEO of 9 Gyngell.

TRENDING THREADS