• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Basso totally out of form, will he be able do something in the tour?

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

maxmartin said:
i don't know is trying to conserve energy or just at his limit, at this stage I think even podium finish is a little difficult for him

He was not on his limit, podium will be difficult but possible if he feels good tomm.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
He probably is at his limit, and this is all he can do at this moment, let's see what happens tomorrow. still wish Nibali could be here to be the gc leader
Liquigas said:
I'm dissapointed with him and Liquigas, why not send a couple of guys on the break, I try it like Andy did on the Izoard.

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Hope he tries something different tomorrow. He might as well try to go from the Galibier as he really has nothing to lose at this point. His weak TTT, descending skills, and inability to attack have kept him in no man's land. Feel bad for him since he lost out on his most opportunistic years in 06-09. He probably would have won in 06, 07, and 08 in his prime.

Guess the crash held him back as he ran out of gas in the final week which also was raced with more intensity in the Pyrenees.

The current version of Basso it seems needs good domestiques to detonate the field, instant gap mountains like Zoncolan and Mortirolo and 5+ hour difficult stages to really shine.

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
roundabout said:
Guess the crash held him back as he ran out of gas in the final week which also was raced with more intensity in the Pyrenees.

The current version of Basso it seems needs good domestiques to detonate the field, instant gap mountains like Zoncolan and Mortirolo and 5+ hour difficult stages to really shine.

So, in other words, he needs to only do the Giro?? :p

TRENDING THREADS