• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bayern Rundfahrt, 25th -29th of May - 2.HC

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Sky lost two of their lead out guys today as the stage progressed Pauwels and again Rogers had to pull out casue of stomach sickness/problems.

I can see where it can be difficult but then there isn't much climbing in the last 70k.

3profil.jpg

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The graphic indicates around 5% average for 5 km, if my memory from high school hasn't fooled me. An in form Hagen should get over that twice, probably Degenkolb as well.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Still lost, although it's nice to be reminded of purer times.

"And Ullrich is in difficulty now"

Just think it's a classic commentator line and has always stuck in my memory.

Marcel Kittel and Degenkolb are young sprinting talents(EBH as well of course, but we already knew that). As is Guardini. Cav domination might not last for years to come anymore.

El Pistolero said:
"And Ullrich is in difficulty now"

Just think it's a classic commentator line and has always stuck in my memory.

Marcel Kittel and Degenkolb are young sprinting talents(EBH as well of course, but we already knew that). As is Guardini. Cav domination might not last for years to come anymore.

Ahhh get you.

Of course, Degenkolb will absolutely never develop in to a sprinter able to beat Cav regularly. His best hope, if he wastes his talent in that direction, would be to ape the gorilla.

Similarly, if he gets beat by Degenkolb, I'm assuming Kittel isn't all that, despite the hype from his minor wins.

Guardini is very interesting, certainly as quick (or quicker) than all of the current lacklustre 'top' competition for Cav, and with the technique to challenge in future. I suspect some proper competition will actually do Cav good, and if Guardini is really quick, Cav can always revert to winning on courses too hard for Andrea:D

I think Guardini is the only one of those young sprinters who will be able to challenge Cavendish in flat sprints in the future. He has that acceleration which only he and Cavendish have. He's also at least as terrible when the course goes uphill...

Matthews is more like a new Oscar Freire while Degenkolb seems to be quite similar to someone like Hushovd.

maltiv said:
I think Guardini is the only one of those young sprinters who will be able to challenge Cavendish in flat sprints in the future. He has that acceleration which only he and Cavendish have. He's also at least as terrible when the course goes uphill...

Matthews is more like a new Oscar Freire while Degenkolb seems to be quite similar to someone like Hushovd.

Hopefully your right and he is very promising, it will be nice to have the day again when you seriously expect someone to challenge Cav in a head to head.

A

Anonymous

highlights are up on teamskyfans, the usual german 2 minutes.

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Ahhh get you.

Of course, Degenkolb will absolutely never develop in to a sprinter able to beat Cav regularly. His best hope, if he wastes his talent in that direction, would be to ape the gorilla.

Similarly, if he gets beat by Degenkolb, I'm assuming Kittel isn't all that, despite the hype from his minor wins.

Guardini is very interesting, certainly as quick (or quicker) than all of the current lacklustre 'top' competition for Cav, and with the technique to challenge in future. I suspect some proper competition will actually do Cav good, and if Guardini is really quick, Cav can always revert to winning on courses too hard for Andrea:D

Degenkolb said he and Kittel are not the same type of sprint. Considering they are good friends and teammates for years, I think Kittel is more of Cav's type

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Goss, Matthews, Kittel, Gaurdini, Degenkolb - new generation of sprinters is looking good!

and yes no doubt I've missed someone who you rate