• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best excuse or denial for doping!

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tennis has a lot of good ones, but one of them is surprisingly honest

86HZnde.jpg

To me, this is a real doozy: more and more young (college age) baseball pitchers can throw 100 mph fastballs. That increase in the number of pitchers doing that (in the major leagues too) is shady enough, but one of the reasons offered by one the teams in this article is . . They’ve getting a better night’s sleep! :eek:

Straight out of the Team Sky marginal gains playbook.
Ha.

'Farming practices in Normandy' - not troubling the top spots but a great effort all the same, add it to the wall of fame.

Of course, it’s irrelevant until we know where their food came from? If they both ate at local restaurants and bought food at local stores then one can make the supposition that is tainted food (which I would not be likely to believe anyways).

Of course, it’s irrelevant until we know where their food came from? If they both ate at local restaurants and bought food at local stores then one can make the supposition that is tainted food (which I would not be likely to believe anyways).

which then always comes back to how come none of the other riders who were tested and must have eaten at the same local restaurants or bought the same food at the same local stores, because theyre never going to be that many restaurants or stores to pick from, didnt get hit ?

or the fact stage 3 of the Tour of Normandy started 170km away from Flamanville so why would they have even stayed anywhere near the place overnight.

but then I have trouble imagining beef was on the menu anyways, or that pro cyclists even touch dairy products.

Reactions: Sciatic
excuse for testing positive?
excuse to dope?
every rider and its dog goes to altitude camp. some riders are winners, others aren't.
athletes are free to train where they want. it's the job of the autorities to check them and go after them
Best excuse..it was the best excuse esp when dr. car manufacturer was still stationed in teide.(i dont know whether he is still there or not) that was before every riders and its dog goes altitude camping.

Last edited:
Best excuse..it was the best excuse esp when dr. car manufacturer was still stationed in teide.(i dont know whether he is still there or not) that was before every riders and its dog goes altitude camping.

maybe back then when, like Rasmussen, we didn't know where riders were.
now teams go, plan the stays there, we even know when they go there, they get tested there, their ADAMs whereabouts are updated. (Siutsou, when he published the list if his tests, was tested in La Orotava, north of the Teide)

A ridiculous denial from the germans, who are masters of doping in football, with many stolen World Cup titles since 1954

Vuskovic case calls EPO analysis system into question

HSV player Mario Vuskovic has not been allowed to play since November 2022. He was banned because of a positive doping result. But it's not just Vuskovic, the doping analysis system is now under scrutiny, says journalist Thomas Kistner.

The news from the Hamburg public prosecutor's office must have been a relief for Mario Vuskovic, believes Thomas Kistner of the Süddeutsche Zeitung: the investigations have been dropped. No evidence of the procurement of doping substances could be found in the player's apartment, on his cell phones, computers or in his account transactions. Doping, "you don't do that as a 21-year-old professional football player all by yourself, without any professional guidance and without access to a procurement system," Kistner believes. In addition, Vuskovic had undergone cross-examination and a lie detector test.

They found nothing in his apartment or on his phone to indicate doping, so he is innocent... How is it possible for a professional football player to use EPO when playing in a professional football team that has a full medical department with many doctors?

"I just stopped dancing" is something,that even though not attributed to somone caught doping, deserves it's own little niche in cycling annals. Toms Skujins explains -
https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling...plains-his-sudden-rise-to-the-top-at-classics
Skujins was rarely firing off all cylinders in the spring, however this year everything seems to have clicked. The reason is as bizzare as you'd expect from the eccentric Latvian. "I stopped dancing in my off season," he explains. "Folk dancing is very big in Latvia. We love dancing and singing. But I sacrificed that to have more energy for training.

A ridiculous denial from the germans, who are masters of doping in football, with many stolen World Cup titles since 1954

They found nothing in his apartment or on his phone to indicate doping, so he is innocent... How is it possible for a professional football player to use EPO when playing in a professional football team that has a full medical department with many doctors?

Vušković isn’t German. But yes, doping in German football, both in the Bundesliga and national team is quite prevalent.

Well we have a "contaminated kitchen" now to explain mass doping.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...-golds-after-testing-positive-for-banned-drug
Wow, this one is not even that funny because WADA’s handling is bat-sh*t crazy and obviously politically or image protection motivated. Can you imagine the blowback from China and elsewhere if they banned 23 athletes en mass before the Olympics?

This could be a great strategy for large teams. If all athletes dope with the same product you just have a blanket excuse ready (common dining, AC system, whatever) and then if the drugs are detected the IOC or WADA have to deal with a too-big-to-fail problem.

Wow, this one is not even that funny because WADA’s handling is bat-sh*t crazy and obviously politically or image protection motivated. Can you imagine the blowback from China and elsewhere if they banned 23 athletes en mass before the Olympics?

This could be a great strategy for large teams. If all athletes dope with the same product you just have a blanket excuse ready (common dining, AC system, whatever) and then if the drugs are detected the IOC or WADA have to deal with a too-big-to-fail problem.
Too big to bust? Yep, welcome to the "Enhanced Games"!