• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Maybe a stupid question but a friend of mine currently has a Scott hybrid and wants to get a road bike as I keep beating him now. Only problem is he is 6foot 7inches and 17 Stone!!! He is trying to get to 16 Stone but there you go.

Can anyone recommend a road bike that would be big enough for someone that size?

Just to make it harder, he cannot afford to spend a lot of money.

It's making me laugh just typing this...!

mark@graphicalss.co.uk said:
Maybe a stupid question but a friend of mine currently has a Scott hybrid and wants to get a road bike as I keep beating him now. Only problem is he is 6foot 7inches and 17 Stone!!! He is trying to get to 16 Stone but there you go.

Can anyone recommend a road bike that would be big enough for someone that size?

Just to make it harder, he cannot afford to spend a lot of money.

It's making me laugh just typing this...!

Custom steel builder locally. If he wants to ride and fit the frame, that's what it's going to take. No production bicycles are made for riders that tall.

Also check out Habanaro

http://www.habcycles.com

He can make him a custom titanium, speced for his size for not a lot of $.